SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I've found it

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I've found it

It's possible for one to be a christian for so long and yet can not define why he's a believer. Early January during prayer and word conf, it was a revealing time for me. I knew i was at a point in life where i must make very serious decision. I can't afford not understanding the full purpose of God for my life. Not like i was confused, but i knew christianity is beyond the many activity and leadership. Oh thank God, i can now enjoy my christian life whether in active service or not, whether in the mission field or as a secular worker. I have come to fully know that the summary of christianity is CHRIST IN ME. not like i've not read this before but the revelation is so wonderfully real, i know i cannot communicate it to u in mere word, but it's so real i can give everything indeed just for christ to be fully formed in me. This guided me in making three major resolve which i've pledge to pursue all my life.
1. This revelation has above all given me an intense hunger for holiness, like i've never known. I have decided to live a life of utter holiness to God, i know this is very easy because christ is in me.
2. I have decided to strive after the fulness of this revelation as my life Goal. Oh that i may know him, oh that he be formed in me.
3. Because of this revelation, i feel responsible for christianity in this generation. I most propagate the life of Christ, i chose to live only for Jesus, that christ will be magnified in my body, whether it be by life or death. I pledge to answer before God about christianity in this generation.
As many of us who have attain this, let us mind the same thing, but if any be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this to him.

2012/2/18 13:46
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: I've found it

Rejoicing with you on the mountain top of revelation, praying with you for the grace to live it out in the valley. He is faithful, He will do it.

The Lord bless you.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/2/18 13:56Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Iyke are you Nigerian?

The reason I ask is because I work there and it is a very popular name in that country.

I am a man that wants to be Holy. In that quest I have come to realize that I cannot live a life of Holiness as I have found that in me there is no good thing. So with this thought I think that Holiness or the Holy life is not about following external rules and regulations, eg; having the appearance of being Holy externally, but as internal work that God does after you are redeemed.

Holiness to me is Christ in you; the very nature of Christ becomes your nature.

That’s how I see the Holy life…

The website below has been very helpful to me.

http://www.enterhisrest.org/

2012/2/18 15:00Profile

Re:

Yes i'm a nigerian, resident in port harcourt city.

2012/2/18 15:08
Nepeta

Iyke, may I ask you a question cuz you're a person who has found their way in Christianity may I ask you a question. Not being a Christian myself, I'm interested in it as a world religion, it's influence and so on. So, I've been wondering for a while whether there is any difference in holiness between the Old Testament and the New one. To put it simplier, what is holier??

By this question I mean no offence to you or to your beliefs and opinions. I'm asking out of sheer curiosity.

2012/2/18 16:12Profile

Re:

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Eph 5:26,27 That He might sanctify and cleanse it *with the washing of water by the Word*, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Bless GOD for the washing of water by The Word! Alleulia!

2012/2/18 16:22
Elibeth

Dear Bro.Iyke,

What a wonderful testimony !

I was just thinking this very morning,while we were having a meeting

In our home,...(It is Saturday,and NO we are not seven day adventence)..

But I was thinking,..'Do we know what is wrong with the world ?...

'the real problem is Not the sinner,..but us Christians,...because if we were

The kind of Christians the Lord entended for us to be,..(him really being

Lord in our lives) ,..it's not I that lives,but it is Christ that lives in me,...and

as you are saying,..and ,God Bless you,' He that has begun a good work in

you,is able to complete it' !.....then we would surely turn the world upside down.
Bless you,
Stay the course

Elizabeth

2012/2/18 17:13Profile

Re: Nepeta

Holiness is essentially being "set apart" unto God. Now God is the same both in the new testament and in the old. He is not holier in the old testament than he is in the new. The difference is that he has given people more revelation of himself in the new testament (in the person of Jesus). All those laws and the prophets were pointing to this Jesus see Jn.5:39. Though the old testament (covenant) was not a perfect representation of God, they were the best as at that time. Just as many things in science are not fully explained in the junior class, but as go higher, the syllabus is expandaned to explang those difficult things. But the things we learnt in the junior class were important, because the aid our comprehension of the higher things. So too the old testament is important (the bible says it is our school master that points us to christ. See Gal.3:24). So what simply happens is that those things that the old testament requires us to practise so that we may be viewed as those set apart, actually reveals God's standard of Holiness. When we fully accept Jesus Christ, he sets us apart- that is make us holy in a more real way in that he comes to live in us in the person of the Holy Spirit, and produces in us a desire to do what is right. see phil.2:13. Now it is no longer like the old testament external law (with dos and don'ts, and lot of symbolism) but we in a very real sense, have God's law in our heart, and can do by nature- i.e our new nature, wherein Christ lives, those things that please God.
Oh friend, i wish u're not only curious about this, for curiousity fills only the head. And what i've given u is definately not the best exposition theologically, even the best did not satisfy me, seek to experience this in reality. Like i said only God can reveal this to u. The best i and the brethren in this forum can do is to spur u up to hunger for God more, which is why i've posted this thread.

2012/2/18 18:08
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Beautiful post. From Nigeria huh. I have worked with many Nigereans this past year and all of them have been Christ lovers and joyful. Nepeta picks up on your joy and desire to please God. Christ in you and all my life for Christ. What a pledge. Such wonderful and uplifting words my brother. Nepeta if you are still monitoring, many religions coexist but Christianity is exclusive. It is all about Christ and Him as our God and Savior. It is impossible for man to save himself having kindled God's wrath. This unlike any religion, makes Christianity different. There is no God but through Christ and apart from Him, there is no hope. I hope you will keep searching the site and asking questions, as there are many here who would love for you to find The One True Answer.

2012/2/18 20:57Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Nepeta

There is a case of the new covenant being better than the old because it is enacted on better promises

Hebrew 8:6-13

6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

8 For he finds fault with them when he says:

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

9 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.

For they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:

I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.

11 And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”

13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

2012/2/19 9:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy