SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : growth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tos

growth

I have been saved for about six years now and I am finding myself in the middle of a Christian forest of denominational doctrines. I would like to have fellowship and encouragement with others. More then anything I would like to serve God With confidence. I consider myself a Christian that has a lot of growing to do. I dont want to do anything but help to lift up my brothers in Christ and I appreciate what this site stands for.

2011/2/5 7:33Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: growth

Welcome to the fellowship,

I know what you mean by denominational forest, I am currently treking that path as well. What I found interesting was if you went to a Third World country and talked with them about denimonation they wouldn't have any clue, to them there isn't such an animal as a Baptist or a Catholic, a Pentecostal, or anything else but simply are Christians. I found great encouragement when my cousin told me this when he was shipped to Iraq to serve in the Army.

There are tons of great resources on this site that I have been blessed by and I am sure you will be blessed as well. The fellowship here for the most part is one of encouragement at times we get silly discussion dealing with doctrine but I have found no greater place for advise and prayer requests. But again WELCOME! :)

God Bless,
Matthew

2011/2/5 7:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Welcome to the SermonIndex website, may God bless you as you benefit from these free resources offered. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Here are some recommended audio resources that have blessed many and might be something for you to first take a look at:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

The Revival Hymn by Various Speakers
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

A Man Of God by Leonard Ravenhill
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1701&commentView=itemComments

Just Following Jesus by K.P. Yohannan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=20648&commentView=itemComments

2011/2/6 0:50Profile
wedied

Re: growth

Hey tos,

With your post, I suspect the "forest" is going to get even thicker, shortly.

My advice is listen to the Holy Spirit, ask God to lead you to others who are not building their's or anyone else's kingdom. There are not many. Love God's Incarnate and written Word and just begin to walk it. It is amazing what you learn and how close you draw to God when you begin to walk His Word and be a doer. You will receive persecution and yet you will receive the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Your eyes will be opened to see that many have a form of godliness, speaking many things, but doing very little.

And by "doing", I don't mean doing works, I mean abiding in the Lord, honoring and loving Him in your heart which will be manifested in your lips and seen in your actions. Yield to Him and allow His ways into your life and you will bear much fruit.

Whatever you do, don't let man rationalize the Word for you and that includes you.

Psa 118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Also, don't be surprised when you desire to obey and love the Lord with all your heart that you are brought into a wilderness that you could never imagine. It is the normal Christian life. This is where the Lord tests and proves our heart and this is where you will also see your heart. Most of our growth comes in the wilderness, not on the mountaintops.

There will be many "tables" in the wilderness that are offered up to you to eat from. The table of self-sufficiency, self-effort, self-preservation, self-righteousness, etc. But there is one table and only one table that is set for you specially by the Lord. He prepares a table for you in the wilderness of His own choosing. It is Him, His Son. He is your only sustenance. All other water is poison and all other food is spoiled.

I hope you get my point.

And welcome!

2011/2/6 9:43Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Demominationalism is detrimentalism. We have churches sitting across the street from each other and they don't talk. Is there not one God? As though heaven will be devided amongst the denominations. I too am in the wilderness but God is supplying me and my families every need. There is nothing wrong with patience but do try to fellowship with those having true hearts for the Lord. They may not be easy to find but they will have one thing in common. He will be the most important thing in their lives. Oh yea, welcome to SI.

2011/3/1 17:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy