SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Worried about possible WoF type teaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, i give up...there are giants in the land and we can not take it as i said we could,so lets roam around til you all die and then take it as God said we would. jimp i could use a smiling face to put here.

2010/2/6 15:15Profile

Re: Worried about possible WoF type teaching

Chris, as ever, you have separated out the issues again, and given a more objective biblical basis.

I felt you were speaking to me (again) because of the things I've said about a specific person (although I have not named him publicly, nor the church where he preaches).

What you would have preferred, is that I quote him only, and show what is wrong with what was presented? It sounds possible, but it is not simple. I cannot emphasise enough, how subtley the deception is being perpetrated over men and women who know scripture well - who know the Lord and move in the gifts of the Spirit - who cannot bring themselves to doubt the accolades which accompanied this man's advent and ministry, despite knowing in their spirits that something is very wrong.

One of the ways he deals with individual approaches, is simply to say that things are not going to change, and he knows he will be held accountable. Many of those people have left now. Under emergent church doctrine, that's okay, because he is not seeking to bring together and shepherd the sheep God has called. He hopes to build around himself, a group of people he can call 'his' church, who will stick with [i]him[/i]. Jesus Christ is gradually being edged as a reason for anything. If you have time, please google the AoG website of the UK, and find the places where individuals voice their aspirations.

[u]Only[/u] because I lived through something parallel (shockingly similar, in fact, which helps me know it has a spiritual root) some years ago, have the tiny give-away signs and symptoms - sometimes just one obvious [i]faux pas[/i] a week in Sunday service - been mounting up in my estimation, to the point where a formal challenge to the eldership in the near future, is inevitable.

There was a sound church plant at my end of the city, which was passed for oversight between Elim and the AoG, which the new pastor closed down, moving the money those people had given for the work of the kingdom of God in a very needy part of the city, into the bank account of his congregation (which is also in a needy part of the city).

This is very confusing behaviour from someone who seems to care that the gospel is preached successfully, and makes us sing a non-worship song about the work that needs to be done in our city (which we all hate).

It is also confusing to see money being spent in many ways which are unwarranted, unapproved by the whole congregation, and, to have had no AGM by which the accountability he claims to espouse, might be exercised.

The emergent church emphasis on 'local church', which IS biblical, also leaves this kind of man a lot of freedom to move. Because the congregation at large are not privvy to the written words from God he receives, no-one can say he is not obeying them. I believe though, that the lack of blessing currently being experienced is a direct indicator that he is not (obeying them). There is no fellowship there during the service/performance itself, but there are many dear people attending, who do love Jesus Christ. This has been their church for decades.

Another aspect of his doctrine is the belief that there will be a block by block, street by street, city by city, revival across the world. The words of Christ 'and few there be that find it' [the narrow way], don't seem to alert him to the certainty that this is a doctrine of man, of the kind against which the Lord Jesus has already spoken.

Chris, I now know that the whole AoG is moving towards the emergent church model, which means they can keep anything they like from any other doctrinal statement, and dispose of anything they don't like. This man uses a minority text, and so the discrepancies with scripture are harder to spot. The Bible is talked about, but the Reformers would be alarmed at the lack of the Table, the Pulpit, and the Lectern, which, I now realise, had very good reason for being where everyone in the church could see them.

Your emphasis on what the doctrine itself should be, is very helpful. But I hope you see it is helpful for those who don't know what they're looking for, to have an idea of what a false church construct actually looks like, in action. Most of the jarring words and practices, by the very fact that they do jar, help one to take note, and to resist submitting.

However, this is not a healthy place for Christians to gather, as there is no rest or joy or food. Somehow though, God makes it that in this barren place, there is still growth, even if it is below the surface where roots are put deeper down, searching for the source of all true sufficiency - Christ, Himself.

2010/2/6 19:15
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: the madness of the prophet

Dear Alive,

I just read through your post quickly and I hope it will be alright if I only respond to one thing specifically that you wrote. It really jumped out to me because it has been on my mind recently also:

Quote:
I cannot emphasise enough, how subtley the deception is being perpetrated over men and women who know scripture well - who know the Lord and move in the gifts of the Spirit - who cannot bring themselves to doubt the accolades which accompanied this man's advent and ministry, despite knowing in their spirits that something is very wrong.

What has come to mind recently is that deception is not so much a matter of knowing or not knowing, but(perhaps) [i]more so[/i], an issue of the heart?

What came to mind a while back is the phrase in the Bible that is said of the prophet Balaam, that is, [i]the madness of the prophet[/i].

It wasn't that Balaam did not have or know the word of God to him. He did. He was specifically told by God at his first request to not go with them. But God had not only told him this. The Lord had also asked him a question: 'what men [i]are[/i] these with thee?'

And this, it seems to me, could have been as much as if to say, Balaam, what sort of men are coming to you asking you this?

But he knew who they were, and what they were asking him to do, and then also He knew the Lord's reponse to Him. And yet he went a second time and asked the Lord again. Not because he did not know. But what was in his heart?

I remember something that an elder once told me, I don't remember the exact words, but it has alsways stayed with me, and that in order to win in spiritual warfare, we need to be pure in our heart.

2010/2/6 19:52Profile

Re: Worried about WoF type teaching

Quote:
And yet he went a second time and asked the Lord again. Not because he did not know. But what was in his heart?

Chris, again thanks for your reply.

There is, also, the possibility of sitting under the word of God, but not 'hearing' it in such a way that it opens the ear and brings about faith toward God.

Quote:
that in order to win in spiritual warfare, we need to be pure in our heart.

The Lord spoke to me during last summer through Psa 127:1, and this very much settled me to wait until I knew what, if anything, to do/say and to whom. I do believe it is up to the elders to take the situation in hand, and that God doesn't hold me accountable, while I have not disobeyed Him.

2010/2/6 20:36
davym

Re:

http://www.justinpeters.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5

This teaching is excellent and extremely important, especially for those caught up in this dark movement. Justin's analysis is articulate and revealing. Wof ministry is subtly deceptive. The emphasis on health and prosperity is only the tip of the iceberg.

2011/2/21 4:34Profile
davym

Re:

2011/2/21 7:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
heard the doctor in charge of the cancer r.c. in houston say' half the battle is won if we can get folks to believe that they are going to make it'

I believe this.

The well-being of a persons's soul, emotion, spirit will impact the body's health. Those in the medical profession know full well its reality. There are stories out there to prove this point. Included in this is the value prayer plays upon one's recovery process - even those who pray to foreign gods!

Now, where does this find the Christian?

2011/2/21 9:13Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
The well-being of a persons's soul, emotion, spirit will impact the body's health. Those in the medical profession know full well its reality. There are stories out there to prove this point. Included in this is the value prayer plays upon one's recovery process - even those who pray to foreign gods!

I'd tend to agree with you here, but can't see how it could ever be proven. I'm sure there are many stories of people who believe they'll be healed but never do.

Quote:
Now, where does this find the Christian?

I feel it leaves a Christian exposed to these false prophets. The (understandable) desire for healing can be so great that people can, in some cases I'm sure, empty their life savings to these vultures.

The real sickness is sin sickness in the heart and this is the reason why we all become physically sick and eventually die, at whatever age. One must see Calvary and Christ's work on the cross and repent. A genuine acceptance in faith will birth a new life never to be confounded by sickness. This becomes obscured in WoF preaching to the point where it is ignored. A tragedy by all accounts.

2011/2/21 10:53Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: ??????? WOF

I waited too long to catch this post and now I'm not sure where it is going. I have first hand exposure to the WOF through some of my family members. Three decades for some of them. You can tell the latest heresy as it is quick to come down the pike. Yes they have been speaking of DNA for a while. Yes they have been speaking of speaking into things for a while (faith in faith). Why? It originates in their central belief that we are little gods. Therefore the power to speak things just as God spoke things into existance. DNA is a constant topic because we have a God like make up or so they teach. That Billionaire wolf in Ft. Worth promotes that which is man centered. Can we contemplate why that Billionaire might do that? Shall we be so bold as to quote scripture and ask the question where this billionaires heart is, seeing that he has ammased billions to himself. Should we question where his treasure is? Are we so blind? Shall we wonder if his teachings are man centered? There are so many false teachings he promotes. Few will speak up and say where his treasure lies as they actually believe that God could be blessing him this way and so they are afraid to speak out against it.

On the other hand I have learned to be patient with those who have been led astray by some of the WOF teachings. I have seen my family come out of some of these teachings and I pray that their eyes will continue to be opened. Common ground in Christ is what I seek with them. That is always where I go in conversation when I feel they are reaching into their bag of WOF tricks. Pointing to the glory that is God does seem to halt their departures from our first love and keep them from off tracking to yet another man elevated WOF teaching. There is a remnant amongst them but I would once again heed caution in considering fellowship with them. There is much heresy even amongst the most sincere of them.

2011/2/21 16:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy