SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : You Know You're Visiting a Bad Church If...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Mr. Krispy

Quote:
then someone will point out that where the KJV says "orange" the NIV says "tangerine"...

If you take it back to the Greek…tangerine is actually the better word in this case. :-P

TJ

2007/2/7 8:37Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Krispy,

The orange/tangerine debate, don't get me started. This could get uglier than the Cal/Arm thing!!!

Murray

2007/2/7 9:27Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
but I am convinced there are a lot of people here only because they looooove to argue.

Krispy

Unfortunately, I have noticed this as well(and am probably one of the culprits), which is why I don't participate much in the forums anymore...

I thought that your thread was humorous and sad, how far have we fallen from what we've been called to...

2007/2/7 9:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: You Know You're Visiting a Bad Church If...

You know you are in a bad church when the visitors are ignored by the regular attendees. True story

ginnyrose

PS: I found this, thought it good ... and perhaps some may find it helpful?

2010/4/26 1:23Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

If the Pastor's introduction to giving tithes and offering is longer than his sermon.

2010/4/26 10:43Profile
Theophila

Re:

I strenuously object to the use of oranges as a metaphor for salvation!

I prefer apples.

And no, oranges aren't quite as bright as they seem.

There, i said it. You may all carry on with the serious conversation now....

2010/4/26 11:30Profile

Re: You know your visiting a bad church if.......

The preacher screams BAM! a lot, and talks about the deaconess being a 3 foot tall angel with invisible bags of gold.

The preacher karate kicks the sick rather than laying on hands, and knocks out some teeth of an elderly sister.

The preacher got his learning on various trips to Heaven chatting with Abraham, the Apostle Paul, and Jesus himself,and converses with angels all the time..

There are 35 resurrections from the dead claimed, and ten thousand healings, but not one turns out to be real or verified.

The preacher gets caught committing adultery with a staff member, divorces his wife and children, marries his new girlfriend, and doesn't miss a beat as he goes on in ministry.

Everyone involved thinks this fellow is the Elijah to come, and the leader of the great end time revival, and coronates him and anoints him as such.

It could be time to vamoosh. Become historical. This might be a church to avoid.

2010/4/26 11:54
MaryJane

Re:

You know your visiting a bad church if.......repentance is not preached and Jesus is not the Head of the church!

God Bless
mj

edit left out a word by mistake:)

2010/4/26 12:42Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

You know you are in a bad church if... Everyone is yelling in tongues so loud you can't hear yourself think nor praise God yourself and men are running up and down the isles with tambourines yelling as well. (True Story)

2010/4/26 14:20Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

If the preacher is making jokes or putting down his wife or family down. Or a new person comes in and everyone is more interested in their friends than welcoming them. Or when the Holy Spirit is quenched after an awesome worship time and someone who didn't even worship gets up and gives the craziest announcements. Or the Pastor singles a person out in the message instead of going to them in private. Or what is it, two fast and one slow song for worship. Or when asked, "how many are you running". I guess this means how many in your congregation. Or the wealthiest get the most honor. There is no call to repentance or time of prayer of any kind. Or no one goes forth for any kind of prayer.

But we are the light of the world so where the Lord has us that is where we should let it shine with the love of Jesus and pray, pray, pray! Amen

2010/5/2 3:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy