SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Our loss,Satans Gain

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Our loss,Satans Gain

I wonder what we truly lost in the garden? If we can found out what we lost then we could found out what we really long for.

Looking at the account is pitfiful:

Quote:
Gen 3:7 and the eyes of them both are opened, and they know that they are naked, and they sew fig-leaves, and make to themselves girdles. Gen 3:8 And they hear the sound of Jehovah God walking up and down in the garden at the breeze of the day, and the man and his wife hide themselves from the face of Jehovah God in the midst of the trees of the garden. Gen 3:9 And Jehovah God calleth unto the man, and saith to him, `Where art thou?' Gen 3:10 and he saith, `Thy sound I have heard in the garden, and I am afraid, for I am naked, and I hide myself.' Gen 3:11 And He saith, `Who hath declared to thee that thou art naked? of the tree of which I have commanded thee not to eat, hast thou eaten?'

There is a couple of questions that I have concerning this text.

Why would Adam and Eve feel the need to hide from God because of their nakedness?
Who was it that told them that they were naked?
If it was the conscience, what about being naked pricked the conscience

Quote:

“And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.” (Luke 4:6, KJVS)

How did Satan get this from conning Adam into eating the appel?

So what happened in the garden?

2006/1/6 7:41Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: Our loss,Satans Gain

Quote:
Why would Adam and Eve feel the need to hide from God because of their nakedness?
Who was it that told them that they were naked?

Their nakedness was their Sin (they sinned by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil), eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil gave them this knowledge...of good and evil.

Quote:
How did Satan get this from conning Adam into eating the appel?

Satan didn't "con" Adam, Adam knew what he was doing when he ate from the tree, it was Eve who was "deceived"
1 Timothy 2:14

btw, we don't know whether it was an apple ;-)

2006/1/6 8:14Profile
jimp

Re:

zeke, there were two trees in the garden one was the tree of life and the other the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.they ate of the tree that would make them like god,knowing good and evil which is religion. many are still eating from this tree(saved by works,santified by works, condemning othersetc)instead of the tree of life which is Jesus Himself. the good without Jesus is just as bad as the evil for it builds pride which stinks in the nostrels of God.jimp

2006/1/6 10:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy