SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Man looks on the outside but god looks on the heart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Man looks on the outside but god looks on the heart

Have you ever been in a really bad state and looked in a mess but on the inside you are in a glorius state ,What is the longest you have prayed and fasted and have looked a real mess after that and people think in there sensibleness comment that you do not look fine. Even thous you may have not eaten in days before or weeks it is only when you fast or pray suddenl people actually start noticing that you are a mess which but the mess is on the inside and they cant see that.
It is like Elisha when all the chariots are surrounding the village and god opens the servants eyes, Elisha can allready see
I think the lack of vision into the faith realm is a major problem in are culture
Seeing things from the Lord perspective rather than ours .
John the Baptist would not have been let into most churches if he was around today or even Elijah, A HAiry man dressed in leather who stank and lived on a diet and lived outside most of his life, so he probably classed as homeless as Jesus was and would not even get into church yet he was one of the most powerful christian men who ever lived yet by the sensible minds he would have been considered a rouge!!
Jesus also had no wear to stay, did not carry money,
The way that christians lived is so comfortable compared to the lifestyles of early christians who had their possesions conviscated.
I would rather be a JOhn the Baptist who outside looks like a mess but inside is not a white washed wall, even thou I sometimes feel like it.

2005/11/11 11:41Profile
Roxi

Tallahassee, Florida

Re: Man looks on the outside but god looks on the heart

"I would rather be a JOhn the Baptist who outside looks like a mess but inside is not a white washed wall, even thou I sometimes feel like it."

Amen! A person can look as good as they can on the outside, but if they are a "mess" on the inside, they are a mess on the outside too. As the proverb says, "Charm is deceitful and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." (Pr 31:30) This goes for men too.

It always boils down to a heart issue. Is your heart set toward the things of God, or are you still desiring to do things your way? Once the heart is surrendered fully, everything else falls into its proper place. After all, God made everyone in His own image, therefore we are all the same (metaphorically speaking) on the outside (that is not to downplay that our bodies are the temple of the Living God, but I think you get what I am saying). It is the inside (heart, mind, and soul) that God is truly after.

Keep pressing on toward the goal that is Christ Jesus!

Roxi

2005/11/17 9:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy