SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 5 minutes in heaven?..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 5 minutes in heaven?..

"If I could push the door of heaven and you could peep through it for 5 min. you will never backslide! You'd change your lifestyle, you'd change your conversation style, you'd change your eating style, you'd change everything! Listen, you and I are supposed to be eternity conscious; the world out there is blind and dumb and deaf and it's crazy!" - Leonard Ravenhill

This is an excerpt from the audio sermon: Choosing Rather to Suffer by Leonard Ravenhill

2005/10/24 15:06Profile
ReviveUsLord

Macedonia

Re: 5 minutes in heaven?..

Brother,

thank you that you've posted this quote here again, and I've been thinking about it again and I just wanted to share something with you all about this.

I just realize from myself and the people around me that we have no eternity conscience! We think not about eternal time in the presence of God, we ponder not about the beauty of His presence, we are simply so much concerned about being good Christians, even Christians on fire, but it's missing something...Even though we try sincerely, we end up doing things in our own effort and soon get tired, because we don't see the glorious vision which is ahead of us!

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Do we know and understand what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints are?? May the Lord give us a greater revelation of Him, because the devil is pleased when we are not eternity conscious. He tries to deafen our ears for eternity cause otherwise we would 'never backslide and change everything', cause otherwise all that we strive for will come true! But the greater truth is that unless we become eternity conscious, unless we comprehend that we need to abandon ourselves 100% to God, we are not of much use to God!

May the Lord continue working in us all!

Yours in Him,
Milica

2005/10/28 11:35Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Oh, sister,
I am praising God for His work in your heart!!

Your fellow traveler,
Kire

2005/10/28 19:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

What an amazing word to think and meditate on.

2005/11/4 12:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy