SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Have NOTHING to do with those who teach error!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
If God has called you to this task, you will have to prove your mettle by withstanding scrutiny and doubt with Godly character. Without this rigorous testing, the discernment business would be a haven for every faultfinder, carper, detractor, fretter, nagger, nitpicker, quibbler, slanderer, vilifier, and worrier with an axe to grind! Praise God that there are men with character who can endure this testing for Truth’s sake!
MC

This statement pretty much say's it all. :-)

2005/8/1 9:10Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Krispy,

I agree with you that putting away from yourselves is IN PART, for protection from that evil person's influence.

However, we read in II Thess. 3:14 Paul admonishes the brothers to not keep company with slackards and busybodies. The "shunning" was to bring shame to the guilty. Paul however, says to admonish them as a brother, not an enemy. That shows the real intent behind shunning. Paul in I Cor. 5 is speaking of those who are named brothers as well, not unbelievers. In I Cor. 5:5 we read Paul's ultimate objective in ousting the unrepentant brother, is the saving of his spirit. Blessings in Jesus, Cindy

2005/8/1 10:09Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
Also, if you met the Lord in a certain church, you're not immediately open to think of all that's wrong with it, but, as you grow, it does dawn on you that something's missing, or downright out of order

Absolutely right! :-)

2005/8/1 10:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
However, we read in II Thess. 3:14 Paul admonishes the brothers to not keep company with slackards and busybodies. The "shunning" was to bring shame to the guilty. Paul however, says to admonish them as a brother, not an enemy. That shows the real intent behind shunning. Paul in I Cor. 5 is speaking of those who are named brothers as well, not unbelievers. In I Cor. 5:5 we read Paul's ultimate objective in ousting the unrepentant brother, is the saving of his spirit.

Well... now we're both trying to interpret Paul's intentions. I think there is some merit to what you're saying, for surely Paul did not want to see anyone perish. Neither does God. I'm just pointing out that Paul made it clear that was his intention with those in sin, and those who were lazy, etc... but did not make that clear with false teachers. What was his intention for them? I believe first and formost it was protection against them. Secondly it could have been seeing them repent... but I dont believe it was the top priority.

But again, we're trying to interpret his intentions... thats hard to do.

Krispy

2005/8/1 10:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy