SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : When thou wast LITTLE by Keith Malcomson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 When thou wast LITTLE by Keith Malcomson

"When thou wast LITTLE in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the LORD anointed thee king over Israel?" - I Sam.5:17

This was a scripture indelibly inscribed on my mind (memory) and heart from a child. NOT because I heard it preached in the church by the pastor, or read it in the Bible, or was taught it in Sunday School. No, it was my mother who laid it into my heart when I was just a child. She explained it, pointed out where it had been broken in situations around us and the consequences of that, and she exhorted me to remember these words if ever the Lord should use me in any way. These words of scripture have marked me, moulded actions, governed decisions, and steered the direction of life. The value of a mother teaching a scripture to a child cannot be measured or weighed in gold. Mothers you would do well to pray to God to be led in this great task.

LITTLE = small; unimportant; the least (in comparison to others); of no account; unnoticed; abbreviated; diminutive (to cut off, to cut back, to cut down to size); to reduce down in size significantly;
to be grieved; to loathe self;

It was said to King Saul, "You once considered yourself unimportant, you thought yourself insignificant, little, and weak, you were amazed I would choose you, anoint you, and use you; but when you lost this heart attitude and vision, I rejected you, and left you to your own devises."

2022/1/20 12:44Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: When thou wast LITTLE by Keith Malcomson

Thank you for posting this. It is such a good reminder.

It always causes me to wonder if the reason that [the Apostle] Saul's name was changed to "Paul" had something to do with this. After all, "Paul" (in Greek "Paulos") means "small" or "little."

Despite his upbringing, Paul considered it all loss compared with the surpassing value of knowing Christ. He considered himself the "chief" (or "worst" and "foremost") of sinners (I Timothy 1:15-17).

It's not being "small" or "little" so that we can become "big" or important. Rather, it is staying "small" or "little" because we know how unworthy we are. I think that this is very indicative of Paul's attitude throughout his life.

2022/1/20 12:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy