SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Salvation in its fourfold aspects !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I agree with writer Stanley Phillips:

Salvation is much more comprehensive than many people seem to realize. It certainly transcends all the little humanly devised “plans of salvation.” In a purposeful manner, all God’s people were “saved” in the covenant of grace by divine election. That is, they were objects of God’s particular and everlasting love even before the foundation of the world. (Jer. 3 1:3) They were by election given to the eternal Son of God, and thus in this sense, were saved from perdition. By that divine choice, they were never numbered with the “sons of perdition” such as Judas. (See John 17:12; Philippians 1:28; II Thess 2:3; I Tim. 6:9; Heb. 10:39; II Peter 3:7; and Rev. 17:8, 11) From eternal election, they were sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ.” (Jude l) As our text states: They were both SAVED and CALLED according to God’s own “purpose and grace,” and this “before the world began.” It should be noted that, in the text, “saved” precedes “called.” That is, the whole number of God’s elect are as saved and safe IN Christ by divine election in the purpose of God, as though they were in fact already in the presence of eternal glory.
This corresponds with what I wrote earlier about Salvation in its Eternal Aspect.

2021/7/17 5:07
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Stanley Phillips is a hyper-Calvinist and thus his conclusions, and yours, are hogwash. Why would you want to believe such horrific nonsense?

2021/7/17 7:46Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: bf52

Reading over your series of posts and a scripture came to mind that epitomizes your plight,...

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Please sir, humble yourself and seek repentance🙏🏻 it’s not too late. Clearly you are wrestling with these things and would be good for you to stop with all the games and get alone with Jesus 😇 l

2021/7/17 8:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“We have found that discussions pertaining to politics, conspiracy theories, ***calvinism/arminianism** and others just produce strife and not the fruits of the Spirit so we ask saints not to start these discussion threads on SermonIndex.”

From Sermonindex Guiding Principles

2021/7/17 8:09Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Paul was warning/ instructing his followers.. ..wondering how he must go about it.
———
1 Corinthians 4:21 (KJV)
(Paul )
“What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and [in] the spirit of meekness?”
———
Brightfame52,
There are many instructors,... books,.. etc, out there in the world,
(And I want to make it clear,.. I am not talking of my brothers, that are here trying to help you.

I am talking of men who are figuring out Spiritual things, in the flesh,.. and leading people by that way, (way: with a small ‘w’)

First of all, from the very start, and as we continue on in our walk,.. following The Lord, WE MUST have a plumb line to go by.....to line up what we are hearing /reading.

We know, this plumb line comes when the *Grace of God is upon us, and we, as Mary did,.. sitting at the feet of Jesus, reading,... and at the same time , allowing Him to teach us through The Spirit, what He is saying in The Word, Spiritually.

This teaching is the plumb line, that we measure every teaching by. This teaching,as the Bible said of Mary, “No man can take that away from her”

Do we know everything? No, but we are continuing to learn of Him,... to *know Him. And that *Word, *Truth, we hold dear to our heart.

Jesus, the Greatest:
*Teacher
*Counselor
—————
Else we can be ‘tossed about by every tradition, or wind of doctrine,... and even ‘fall in the ditch’
_______

elizabeth

2021/7/17 9:40Profile

Re: TMK

You entitled to your opinion sir. Did you read the article and attempt to understand the scriptures used ?

2021/7/17 14:10
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//You entitled to your opinion sir. Did you read the article and attempt to understand the scriptures used ?//

Yes! And I have read many such articles and I know what hyper-Calvinism teaches. You are in grave error, as is the author of the article, and I strongly recommend that you stop following hyper- Calvinistic teaching and follow Jesus instead. He will not lead you into such hideous error.

Further, I have told you at least three times now that the moderators do not allow the espousing of Calvinism, much less hyper- Calvinism on this forum and I quoted from one of the guiding principles indicating such.

I am not sure why a moderator has not yet intervened. There have been numerous debates on Calvinism here in the past and they invariably turn nasty. You are not posting anything that is new here, so you can stop trying to “enlighten” everyone with your nonsense.

Why do you persist?

2021/7/17 16:34Profile

Re:

Accepted in the Beloved Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

I believe this has to do with the eternal aspect of Salvation, when the elect were made accepted in the beloved. I agree with pastor jym byrd:

“To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.” - Ephesians 1:6

“Made us accepted” are essentially the same as the words that Gabriel spoke to Mary, “thou art highly favored among women” (Luke 1:28). The Lord has “highly favored,” that is, infinitely graced and accepted His chosen people, those predestinated unto sonship, in Christ. We are fully and forever accepted in Him. Note that this acceptance has been from old eternity and actually preceded redemption which is set forth in verse 7. “In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.” Even before Christ came and laid down His life for His sheep, the chosen of God were accepted in Him for He is our eternal Surety. How long has the Son of God been the Surety and Savior of His people? The answer is – forever – therefore in the purpose of God and in the person of Christ we have always been saved for we were given grace in Him before the world was even made. Our acceptance by the holy and gracious God, therefore, has been from eternity. “Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began” (2 Timothy 1:9). It was grace which gave us an existence in Christ, chose us unto salvation and predestinated us unto sonship, all because of who our Savior is and because of His covenant oath to redeem and save His people by His own blood and righteousness.

2021/7/18 5:39

Re: TMK

As I stated, you entitled to your opinion. If you dont want to discuss the scriptural views I bring then dont thats your choice, but this is a public forum !

2021/7/18 5:42
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

The forums are not to push our strong views on scripture trying to convince others but a place to grow in encouragement in the Lords ways, spiritual disciplines and to learn from others humbly. This is a not a free for all public forum but a moderated one with a specific purpose. We have allowed this discussion board alongside some of the godliest bible preachers.

I am going to lock this thread and its asked to not argue on predestination and other things like this, thank you brothers and sisters.

2021/7/18 5:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy