SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The third person on the trinity a biblical perspective and what he is not

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

The third person on the trinity a biblical perspective and what he is not

When people say things like the holy spirit can contradict the scriptures or the holy spirit told me this and it goes 100 percent against the Bible

The holy spirit is a person of the Godhead , the trinity.

Acts 5
1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? note

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things

In verse 3 it says you have lied into the holy ghost and you have lied to god and then he killed them

That does not happen that often nowadays

The Bible talks about if we love jesuss words he will send the holy spirit to abide with us.
This is what I do not understand about modern day Christianianity is that

John 14:26
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (Compare)

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

He will teach you all things where is the teaching going on in the church today if the holy spirit is truly among us ?

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Where is the spirit of truth if the holy spirit is truly amongst us

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would

In our day worldly fleshly entertainment is out forth as the holy spirit which is completely anti biblical

If we take a good look at the many different variations of what the holy spirit it is definitely not the holy spirit

1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world

I believe that God can speak for today I am not cessationlist but most of what comes from people who have the holy spirit reminds me of what Jeremiah and ezekial warned against.

Jeremiah and ezekial loved the people they knew destruction was coming they warned them to flee but the people just didn't listen

One thing that does not tend to get mentioned is that the sheer abhorance that the way that the third person of the trinity is being used for all types of ungodly things in his name.

John 16

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: note (Compare)

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Where are we being taught that the holy spirit is to convict of sin , righteous and judgement yet to come

John 16
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

He shall glorify Jesus most people it tends to glorify them or there ministry and not Jesus

2019/3/28 8:09Profile
docs

Re: The third person on the trinity a biblical perspective and what he is not

Who has ever taught that the Holy Spirit can contradict the Scriptures? Who and when? It confuses me. I've never heard one Christian ever say this or ever heard one Christian teacher teach this.

2019/3/28 9:04Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

There are examples where revelation can be above the aspect of revealed scripture .
The holy spirit I would say is about the most missued person of the trinity as people have done so many crazy things in the name of the holy spirit from people like Rick Warren to others.
Such as movements like the Toronto blessing movement, I think throughout christiandom he is the most missued member of the trinity

2019/3/28 14:00Profile
docs

Re:

What is Rick Warren guilty of? I don't know myself. Does he teach that the Holy Spirit can contradict Scripture? I don't remember him being involved in any bizarre revivals.

2019/3/29 6:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The third person on the trinity a biblical perspective and what he is not

Dom-

You seem to be using the forum to complain against things that no one here believes. You also did this on the kenosis thread.

Just to check- anyone reading this who does not believe the Holy Spirit is God and a Person of the trinity, please raise your hand.

I guess I’m not sure what you hope to accomplish by posting this here.

A little less time spent on heresy hunter websites may be in order.

2019/3/29 11:12Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I spend alot of time in my bible it is just simply reading the current Christuan books that we have littering the Christian bookshops
Heidi baker , bethel ,ihop , Hillsong , Todd white there is so much missuse of the holy spirit in our culture than any other century
The holy spirit has been used to unite the ecumenical movement and stay

I do not spend time on heresy hunter websites I spend my time in the word of God and you would realise the same
Do not make ad hominem attacks

The holy spirit has been used for all types of debauchery in our Christian culture

What do you think someone like Charles spurgeon or maybe John bunyan would think of our culture or even Paul himself

2019/3/29 13:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

They would think it’s pretty sad.

But you are preaching to the choir here particularly about big topics like the Holy Spirit and the deity of Christ.

2019/3/29 14:09Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

How many people do you know who are into Todd White and bethel ?

2019/3/29 14:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

A few but I left them behind a good while ago. I tried to point out the issues with that stream but it fell on deaf ears. Since we moved five years ago I personally have not run into anyone in that stream.

I can tell you one thing about Todd White though because I saw him in action in person several years back. He has an infectious love for the Lord and is extremely bold in approaching strangers on the street and ministering to them. His faith is amazing. I wish I had 1/10 of his gumption.

2019/3/29 15:13Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Does he really have a love for the lord
To me he does not have a love of the Bible he is passionate but people can be passionately wrong
By the way it is my birthday today

This is what scares me if people are in love with Jesus and so on fire for jesus where is the love of the Bible

2019/3/29 16:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy