SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian dishwasher fired by hotel because she refused to work Sundays awarded $21M

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Christian dishwasher fired by hotel because she refused to work Sundays awarded $21M

Christian dishwasher fired by hotel because she refused to work Sundays awarded $21M

https://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-dishwasher-fired-by-hotel-because-she-refused-to-work-sundays-awarded-21m.html

I find this gratifying that a court is recognizing a Christian has a right to live out his conviction. It will be interesting if subsequent rulings will uphold this one.

I know some will take issue with the refusal of working on Sunday's....but I have talked to a fair number of backsliders who attribute their employers demand they work on Sunday to their own spiritual decline.

Sandra

2019/1/19 16:43Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Christian dishwasher fired by hotel because she refused to work Sundays awarded $

I work on Sundays but my Sabbath is Saturday. My employer knows I won't work Saturdays, even though it's automatic double-time.

I think it was D. L. Moody who said your Sabbath can be any day of the week. (I agree)

2019/1/19 18:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Sandra

Quote:
I know some will take issue with the refusal of working on Sunday's....but I have talked to a fair number of backsliders who attribute their employers demand they work on Sunday to their own spiritual decline.

Sandra

Sandra, there's no doubt I could see that happening, but depending on the relationship they have with Christ. I don't think most folks with a solid relationship with the Lord would see any spiritual decline. I'll use myself as an example, I don't even attend any church "right now" and I know this might seem strange to some, but I've never felt closer or had a more solid relationship with Christ than I have today.

I do agree I need to be in the fellowship of the Church, but so for everyone I've tried has become more of a distraction in my spirit, than a help. What matters to me is, not what man thinks, it's that God knows my heart, and I'm sure one day I will be in a wonderful fellowship, where my spirit is aligned and encouraged.

2019/1/20 12:46Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Christian dishwasher fired by hotel because she refused to work Sundays awarded $

Very interesting headline although from my studies of God's Word I don't personally believe in a "Sunday Christian Sabbath" being binding on Christians today (or a Saturday one).

2019/1/20 16:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I know many moderns give little credence to the importance of keeping the LORD's Day holy, but I beg to differ - this was something that had its origins in the creation. We have learned from experience how beneficial it is to take a reprieve from unnecessary work one day a week, using this day to focus on worship and fellowship with other Believers.

Many years ago a tornado swept through our community in the wee hours of a Sunday morning destroying a home, hog barn and other out buildings. Our brotherhood went out there as soon as it became common knowledge and the men worked to move the hogs, the women to cook for all the disaster workers. At the day's end we were tired. No one had a day of rest for two weeks and we could tell it physically. Never again unless it is a serious emergency. It ain't worth it. Then I understood why God set an example for us to take one day a week for rest. And I applaud this lady for sticking to her conviction. In a time when Christian convictions are marginalized, discounted as irrelevant, outdated, antiquated it is refreshing to read of someone who will stand up for her convictions even when it is inconvenient.

Sandra

2019/1/20 23:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Sadly, we can see where this is headed.

How can one worship God, and work, at the same time?

It's either work or worship.

2019/1/21 4:58Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it."

Isaiah 58:13,14

2019/1/21 8:03Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Romans 14:5

One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

Romans 14:10

But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

-Daniel

2019/1/21 8:59Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

To paraphrase Leonard Ravenhill:

"Why should your unconverted neighbor be concerned about breaking the Ten Commandments when you don't keep the Sabbath holy? You can break that one and he can break the other nine!"

2019/1/21 17:48Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Also, Leonard said one condition of revival was keeping the Sabbath (his words, not mine, and I think he knows what he is talking about).

2019/1/21 17:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy