SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : humor....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: humor....

Evangeline,

Who created our sense of humor? That's right, God! He is the creator of all things and everything He created is meant to be enjoyed. Laughter is the best medicine!

Here is an article of Norman Cousins who was very sick in 1964 and how he got healed (from wikipedia)...

"Told that he had one chance in 500 of recovery, Cousins developed his own recovery program. He took massive intravenous doses of Vitamin C and had self-induced bouts of laughter brought on by films of the television show Candid Camera, and by various comic films. His positive attitude was not new to him, however. He had always been an optimist, known for his kindness to others, and his robust love of life itself. "I made the joyous discovery that ten minutes of genuine belly laughter had an anesthetic effect and would give me at least two hours of pain-free sleep," he reported. "When the pain-killing effect of the laughter wore off, we would switch on the motion picture projector again and not infrequently, it would lead to another pain-free interval."[10] His struggle with that illness is detailed in his 1979 book Anatomy of an Illness as Perceived by the Patient.[9]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Cousins

So we see that "humor" and comedy that made him belly laugh every day had a hand in healing him. Ultimately, we know it was God that healed him but he found one of many secrets and it was laughter. :)

Now, first you need to take your conviction to the throne of God because you are not going to believe me or anyone else. But oh, if God, lets you know that He loves humor too and He created it to be enjoyed, you will be so much more satisfied than just blowing about with every wind of doctrine that people spew your way, my friend. Even on here, you will get varying opinions but the one you want to cherish will come from the Throne.

God bless you,
Lisa

2017/12/18 13:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great post Ms. Lisa....We shouldn't judge someone just because the sin differently than us. I know God has a wonderful sense of humor, he reminds me every time I look in the mirror. :-)

2017/12/18 13:45Profile
savannah

Re: humor....

If there is something wrong with clean humor, no one has told Todd Friel who hosts Wretched Radio.

He's good friends with Ray Comfort and Paul Washer. I can't imagine why Mr Comfort or Mr Washer haven't told him.

2017/12/19 21:10Profile

Thank you...

Thank you for all your thoughts about this :)

2017/12/20 6:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy