SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What are the Two Witnesses going to say to the Church !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

What are the Two Witnesses going to say to the Church !

Revelation 11
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

As I do not believe in a pre tribulation rapture what are God witnesses going to say to the church ?

I do not know

2017/7/23 15:45Profile
staff

Re: What are the Two Witnesses going to say to the Church !

Hi Deltadom,
Thats an inspired way of looking at the two witnesses,
urs staff

2017/7/23 17:30Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Deltadom, I don't pretend to know exactly who the witnesses will address. But, the word says that the law and prophets were until John, and since then the kingdom of God is preached. The gospel of the kingdom will not have ended being preached at that point. So, I think, they will preach it

2017/7/23 17:32Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

They will declare the order of things that God wanted from the beginning. They also come as a witness of impending judgment. For instance they go up Mt Zion to judge Mt Esau who has placed his Headquarters there. Just as John Baptist witnessed to Herod and Jesus to the Pharisees and Scribes, truth will be given, things hidden will be revealed. They will step on every toe, we all fall short.

After all they are an entourage empowered by heaven above. They will also be a witness to those of the house of Judah and the house of Israel in that area. It appears as God is extending mercy for a short period with the two witnesses. Because after they are killed and then resurrected, there follows a great earthquake. Nothing left standing on the earth. This is why so many will turn to God and make their robes white. Almost everything they have seen before was a fraud.

2017/7/23 21:28Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

My problem is that we are so use to man centred preaching , in the book of revelation it talks about the everlasting gospel preached by an angel

It breaks my heart at how biblically illiterate most of the church is
With theology you will not get whether hell is eternal when heaven is not

We have reduced bible stories to fairy tales even amongst serious bible preachers still do not take the bible as history with evolutionary thinking coming an affecting things such as biblical archaeology and secular thinking

People do not think of the bible as a history book in which we can view the archaeology at Ephesus or say hesborn or coins in the bible can be verified

Because a general historical view has been lost when the antichrist shows up and Jesus does show up it will make all the deception we have been drowning ourselves in as many Christians do not know what the gospel is or fundamental things that make you a Christian

In Christian bookshops 90% deny basic Christian beliefs compared to say the puritans or c h spugeon who were discussing doctrine

We tend not to view eschatology as true because we tend not to view past historical events as true with all the online resources we have

We serve a living god and the church forgets that , we are so used to the false we need a good dose of the real , me included I am a mess and I need Jesus

2017/7/24 6:42Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Deltadom,
Ive given my indepth view about the two witness on a recent long thread.Briefly the main thing they will say is "JESUS IS ABOUT TO COME BACK" .This will be earth shattering news to the Church which is good.The imagery of the "two witnesses" in Jewish terms is one of the two people who sign off on the Jewish wedding,
urs staff

2017/7/24 17:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy