SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Helen Berhane ~ Worship in the Wilderness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Helen Berhane ~ Worship in the Wilderness

It's been 15 years since the churches of all but 3 denominations in Eritrea were shut down by their government.

Helen Berhane was imprisoned for 32 months. This is a short (less than 6 minutes) video of her testimony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSRqIUOL-Eg&feature=youtu.be

2017/5/17 23:52Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Helen Berhane ~ Worship in the Wilderness

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. I didn't know.

2017/5/18 3:51Profile

Re:

This is truly a powerful testimony of a dear sister who has suffered for her faith. Everything I have read about this sister testifies that Jesus was abiding with her in her afflictions.

Sister Hellen was imprisoned in Eritrea. Eritrea is considered the North Korea of Africa. Approximately 3000 believers are imprisoned for their faith even now. The Eritrean government does not charge them but these precious saints know they are imprisoned for Jesus. Yet the saints do not renounce their faith in Jesus. Many have died in the shipping containers because they endured for their Savior.

As I read their testimonies I wonder what would I do? Could I endure whst these precious brothers and sisters are enduring. Could I endure what our sister Helen endured? Over 30 months in a shipping container. Without the modern conveniences that I am so used to.

I do believe that God will soon put me to such a test. I know there are some in this forum who despise me for saying that. There are some in this forum who despise me because I post on the persecuted. But brothers and sisters we cannot escape the reality that Jesus has out before us.

God grant that we may look to such testimony as Hellen Berhane and now that they had the grace to endure their persecutions. God grant that we may have that same grace when persecution comes upon us.

Bro Blaine

2017/5/19 9:42

Re: Extended Interview

Brothers and sisters below is a link to an extended interview with Hellen Berhane. Well worth listening to.

Https://youtu.be/hrccFGBB0NM

Bro Blaine

2017/5/19 11:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy