SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The basis of unity and agreement among Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/6/17 22:52:00

Julius, this is a similar one:

John 16:13-15King James Version (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

That is also a good one-third Tozsu.

The father's witness of His Son and the Holy Spirit are two witnesses, too.

Matthew 17:5
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

2016/6/18 23:58

Re:

Yes Julius, and we know about the whole event from a book (bible), where the report of the eye witnesses is recorded.

Churches and christian organizations often state on their website what they believe in. I guess these are the essentials. For example here is one that I've found on the website:
Voice of the persecuted:

"Statement of Faith

We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. That there is one God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

In the virgin birth of Christ, His sinless life, His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, an all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins, in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal return in power and glory. And not by our deeds, but belief in Him as the only ground for salvation and eternal life.

We believe that the work of the Holy Spirit glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ, convicts the world of its guilt, regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service. That all have sinned and regeneration by the Holy Spirit through Christ is essential and evident in the Christian life.

We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The Church is not a building, but the Body of Christ. That believers are members of this body and Christ is the head. Together, we are family in Christ and have great concern for each member. 1 Corinthians 12:12-31

We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and dedicated prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil.

In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed. Devoting ourselves in service to the Lord and His complete authority over our lives."

I think what I wrote in the OP agrees with this.

2016/6/19 1:21

Re: Tozso

I will tell Lois, the cheif advocate of VOP, you like our statement of faith. I serve as the Prayer Coordinator for Voice of the Perseuted.

I hope also you read some of the articles that Lois put up regarding our persecuted brothers and sisters. They always need our prayers.

Sister the invitation is still open for you to come and pray with us on our prayer as we lift up the persecuted Church in the global harvest of souls.:)

Breaux Blaine

2016/6/19 7:12

Re:

Blaine, I like that statement, especially this part:

"We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. .... We believe that the work of the Holy Spirit glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ, convicts the world of its guilt, regenerates sinners, ...
He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service"

Do you believe this?

2016/6/19 9:27

Re: Tozsu

... For good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for the mouth speaks from that which fills his heart...Luke 6:45

... Deal bountifully with your servant that I may live and keep your word...Psalm 119:17

Dear sister you be the judge. You have seen my posts. I trust God will give you the answer.

But suffice to say I would not be sitting on the board of directors of this ministry if I did not hold to the statement of faith.

But Voice of the Persecuted is more than a statement of faith. It is a voice in the wilderness crying out for the persecuted Church. It is a voice in the wilderness crying out that the western church becomes aware of the reality of our suffering brothers and sisters. It is a voice in the wilderness crying out for the western church to pray and to help those who are in the shadow of the cross.

Tozso I hope you read some of the articles that Lois posted. Voice of the Persecuted is more than just a statement of faith. Its mission is to cry out for the persecuted church.

Dear sister we are called to be more than just hearers of the word. We are called not to quiz each other on our orthodoxy. We are called to be the doers of the word. We are called to follow the royal law which is to love our neighbor. In this case our neighbor being the persecuted church. Given the ministry in discussion.

Just wanted to amplify.

2016/6/19 9:52
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

Just a question:

What if you have Christians who believe that wearing skirt (and not pants) is God's standard for all Christians, they don't force it, but unapologetically said that you fall short if after hearing a message about this you still don't obey it's either you are stubborn or still needs enlightenment.
How will you respond?

2016/6/19 10:19Profile

Re:

I understand the question. I don't know. Maybe point everyone to the scriptures. Or test the spirits.
Pray that God's truth will prevail, and he will give you instructions moment by moment as you need it. Trust the leading of the Holy Spirit.

(Just a progression of thoughts)

2016/6/19 13:29

Re:joliboy

Ephesians 6:10-18King James Version (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

2016/6/19 13:34

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/6/19 1:21:18

Yes Julius, and we know about the whole event from a book (bible), where the report of the eye witnesses is recorded.

Without the scriptures we would all still be in the dark ages paying indulgences to the Catholic Church and having to take their word on what the Scriptures say.

2016/6/19 14:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy