SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Let's talk about Marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: distorted "self-image"....

No, I'm not talking about individuals per se. I'm talking about the church. The church has become such a cespool of non-sense, un-truth, self seeking, self satisfying gluttony, that there is no attraction to those who are hurting in these kinds of marital situations. Their tears roll down their faces in hopelessness, knowing they would not "fit in" at the corner church.

Tozer said that "christianity has gotten so watered down, that if it were a poison, it would not hurt anyone, and if it were a medicine, it would not cure anyone".

Oh God, deliver us from ourselves. We are too busy having church and attending to each other to see all these hurting people around us. Give us broken hearts oh Lord, that see outside the house of worship. Give us the eyes of Jesus. Give us the love of Jesus. Give us the compassion of Jesus. Give us the mercy of Jesus. Give us the willingness to lay down our lives for another. Please forgive me oh Lord, and help me turn around. I ask it all in Jesus' Holy Name and for His sake and glory, let it be done.

2005/5/22 7:30

Re: Marriage can be an idol

Quote:
I even heard once that the husband is to be the mediator between his wife and God.

I heard a husband once repeat this thought. Then reported that he had said to himself 'Wait a minute... When I think of the number of times God uses her to speak to me or bring [i]me[/i] a word, how can I [i]possibly[/i] take responsibility for hearing from God for [i]her[/i] as well as myself?' Enough said. Mutual respect needed.

Quote:
[b]To me that implies that he takes the place of the Spirit in her life[/b]. How can she then grow into spritual maturity - learning to fully depend on the LORD?

Some people seem to believe they become one spirit and soul with their spouse, which is where this thought may come from. Or, that the Headship of Christ imparts it, but this is to confuse the truth of becoming one flesh, with the untruth of 'one spirit'. Each believer who is born of God, is a child in their own right. No-one, not even a husband, can change the fact.

2005/7/2 15:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy