SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you really believe Jesus is coming?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

edited

Savannah and Julias, my thoughts were designed to encourage and challenge the saints. I wonder if we could skip the theological debate? Thanks guys. Jesus did not come back in 70ad and He is coming back, now the questions raised in the OP is how we handle and react to the reality of His soon coming.........bro Frank

2015/12/1 18:09

Re:

Frank,

Whose debating? I posted my beliefs based on scripture. Then, Savannah made his posts. I did not reply to him or have any intention of replying. You asked a question, I responded, and really don't have anything else to say.

I only posted once.

2015/12/1 18:50

Re:

2 Peter 3:11-12

Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people are you to be in holy conduct and godliness looking for and hasting the coming of the day of God,

If we truly believed in the soon coming of Jesus Christ. I think there would be more of a desire for holiness as unto Christ. Our passion for a christ-centered righteousness would increase with a ferver to see His soon glorious appearing.

Peter goes on to say that there will be a new heaven and a new earth. A new kingdom if you will in which righteousness dwells. For if we truly believe He is soon to return. Our dezire for righteousness. Our desire for a practical Christ centered righteousness would be greater.

My thoughts.

2015/12/1 19:04

Re:

Julius, you missed the point of the OP and it was probably because it could be written much better. I was not asking for differing opinions about whether He is coming back or not. That is a given. My question was do we really believe that, really believe that. Catch my drift :) ? Its hard on a forum because a forum is two dimensional. Dont be offended, it was a friendly request not to let the posts be a prelude to a theological debate where everyone cuts and paste their favorite dead guys:)...........bro Frank

2015/12/1 19:06

Re:

Blaine writes.......

"If we truly believed in the soon coming of Jesus Christ. I think there would be more of a desire for holiness as unto Christ. Our passion for a christ-centered righteousness would increase with a ferver to see His soon glorious appearing."

Yes indeed brother, that was the essence of my post..................bro Frank

2015/12/1 19:08
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Do you really believe Jesus is coming?

I was just reading the Luke 21 today where Jesus told the parable of the fig tree which points to His second coming. He knew there would be scoffers so He finished that parable with these words, "heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away."

He has said it and He will do it. Can there be any doubt of His coming? Can we see the signs in the events of our world? Let's not be caught unaware.

In Christ,

2015/12/1 19:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
by appolus on 2015/12/1 19:06:49

Julius, you missed the point of the OP and it was probably because it could be written much better. I was not asking for differing opinions about whether He is coming back or not. That is a given. My question was do we really believe that, really believe that. Catch my drift :) ? Its hard on a forum because a forum is two dimensional. Don't be offended, it was a friendly request not to let the posts be a prelude to a theological debate where everyone cuts and paste their favorite dead guys:)...........bro Frank

Sure, no problem Frank. Not offended.

I wonder why Christians don't live with an urgency, NOW! Christ has come to them, lives inside them and joined them to Him. They are now living in the Kingdom of God and rule and reign with Christ over their enemies (powers of darkness), seated in heavenly places with Christ.

When Jesus Christ comes again, it will be the 3rd coming, to me, since His first coming was to die and His 2nd coming was when I was born-again. When He comes again, it's all over.

Israel in the OT was unfaithful and disobedient knowing that a Messiah was coming. Seems that believing Jesus Christ is coming again, with the multitude of futurist books written has done nothing to spur the Church into living holy and righteous lives. So many are asleep, resting in false security, living like they were never joined to the Lord and He never came and took up residence in them. The apostle John spoke more of coming persecution than the coming of Christ. The early church lived the way they did and every great man through the ages lived the way they did because of a very present reality in them of the living Christ having come to them and living in them. This is why you live holy and righteous, because you are joined to the Lord!

We have received the Kingdom, now!!!
Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

But, this is not on topic so I will create a new thread for this subject.

2015/12/1 20:13
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Brother Frank,

Thanks for posting this. Yes I also believe Jesus is coming back soon, and should the Lord allow me to tarry, I strongly believe it will be in my lifetime.

Being ready is an utmost priority. While I know that the scriptures speak of those whom the day of the Lord will overtake them as a thief and men's hearts failing them for fear.

This is absolutely not true for the believer who is prayerfully watching and sober minded that that day should overtake us unaware or by surprise. I believe this is an absolute promise of God.

Based on some of the recent thread topics and your latest statement as to why you posted this topic I was reminded of this portion of scripture by our dear brother Paul.

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. (1 Thessalonians 5:1) I believe he said this because his audience was filled with the Holy Spirit.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5:2) He is speaking of those whom are not preparing their lamps and making sure they are filled with oil. They are those who live carelessly and foolishly.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:3) He is speaking of people (tares) within the church, they are merely professors and not confessors. They profess to know Him but by their deeds and lack thereof they DENY Him. They trust not in the Lord but the conditions that surround them.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (1 Thessalonians 5:4) This is the promise for those who are making themselves ready.

Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
(1 Thessalonians 5:5) He continues his thought that if we are children of the day we will not be overtaken.

Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. (1 Thessalonians 5:6) Does the Lord wake you in the middle of the night? He awakens me many times in the middle of the night and I have learned to know and realize that no matter how tired I might be, He is waking me for a reason and that is to pray, supplicate, and intercede. Much of this time is spent praying in the Spirit mixed with prayer in the understanding as the Holy Spirit leads. Many times it is not accompanied by a heaviness but to simply offer thanksgiving, praise, and worship.

For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.(1 Thessalonians 5:7)And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

BUT let us, who are of the DAY, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. (1 Thessalonians 5:8) 4 Condition that must be met in order to receive the promises in these verses.

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,(1 Thessalonians 5:9)God is not going to forsake His elect, if we meet the conditions in His word, it is impossible for us to fail.

Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.(1 Thessalonians 5:10) I believe He is speaking of those who have already died (sleep) in Christ and will be in the first resurrection as well as those who remain (are alive and awake at His return), that we belong to Him forever.

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.(1 Thessalonians 5:11) Rather than debating, arguing, and causing strife and division, this is what we rather should be doing. I am very dogmatic on numerous subjects concerning the Lord, however, I know it to be an uphill battle in trying to convince men against their own will. I would rather keep the unity of the Spirit and pray for both sides because if I am wrong I fully trust the Lord to set me and others straight. I do not care about being right, I only care about the truth. I have a deep longing to be a comfort, and to edify and encourage the brethren. When this is not possible, that is when I get those wake up calls in the middle of the night.

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
(1 Thessalonians 5:12) I am truly thankful for those whom the Lord gifts, enables, and calls into the ministry. I have learned to be careful in whom the Lord has appointed to carry out such callings and to not cast stones and be critical of how they might carry out their ministry. For it is God who has set the five fold ministry within the church. When we are critical of those whom God has anointed we are being critical of God.

And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.(1 Thessalonians 5:13)

Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) When I said earlier that I strive for unity amongst the brethren, it does not mean I am looking to be a mere peacekeeper. A peacekeeper is unwilling to stand for truth and rebuke and admonish those who are in error. They are unwilling to rock the boat. A peacemaker on the other hand will speak the truth in love so that those who are in error will be made right with God and sometimes the truth will hurt.

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.(1 Thessalonians 5:15) We are to do good to all men, even those who persecute, and despitefully use us, but especially those who are of the household of faith.

Rejoice evermore.(1 Thessalonians 5:16) In everything give thanks. Every day is a gift. This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Pray without ceasing.(1 Thessalonians 5:17) Pray with the understanding, pray with the Spirit, not only making your requests known unto God but offer up thanksgiving, supplicate, pray, and intercede for others.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.(1 Thessalonians 5:18) Knowing that All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His WILL and PURPOSES.

Quench not the Spirit.(1 Thessalonians 5:19) Don't let your flesh, pride, and intellect get in the way for the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God and neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned. If you are not filled wit the Holy Spirit, your flesh and pride will get in the way every time. This is an absolute fact because I am guilty of it. I was saved for 9 years before I received the infilling of the Holy Spirit, I know how things were before as well as after. I am very grateful for the latter.

Despise not prophesyings.(1 Thessalonians 5:20) When we come together at church I come expecting the Holy Spirit to move amongst the body of believers as He does it so wonderfully. It is through the gifts of the Spirit that God puts His fingerprints all over the scene. Do not scoff at the gifts.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
(1 Thessalonians 5:21) We have two great tests to prove between the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. Gods word and the Holy Spirit. They will always agree.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.(1 Thessalonians 5:22)The most important thing about this admonishin is to not bring a reproach against the name of the Lord. When we do not love one another we bring a reproach against the Lord for it is written that the world will know us by our love for one another.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23)What a wonderful prayer and promise!

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
(1 Thessalonians 5:24) A promise that cannot fail, if we are willing to meet the conditions.

Brethren, pray for us.(1 Thessalonians 5:25)Let us pray for one another and esteem others better than ourselves.

Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.(1 Thessalonians 5:26)Even though I come from an Italian family and it is common for men to kiss one another on the cheek, I know of Mennonite groups who actually kiss one another on the lips. Not there yet and probably won't be, BUT I love to hug the brethren. I am talking real manly hugs, not those wet noodle hand shake kind.

I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.(1 Thessalonians 5:27)Holy brethren, children of the day, and those who confess Him in both word and deed.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. The first epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.
(1 Thessalonians 5:28)My very thoughts toward each and every one of you as written to the brethren at Sermon Index.

2015/12/1 20:23Profile
MaryJane

Re: Do you really believe Jesus is coming?

Greetings Frank

Thank you for posting this and sharing with us as FATHER has given you leading. Not so long ago I was spending time in prayer and FATHER quickened to my heart "How would you spend the next twenty four hours if you knew with out a doubt Jesus is coming tomorrow." As I contemplated this I came to realize that I shouldn't have to think about it at all, my life should already be reflecting it every moment of every day. I pray and ask FATHER daily to help me remain ready, to never grow weary and to live as if each moment HE is about to return. To be found ready. Of course as the days pass I find each morning a new and stronger desire in my heart to pray and be about HIS KINGDOM. Its funny things that I once thought so very important do not seem so now. As I have shared before with you, I feel the same urgency that you have spoken about. The things of this world are passing away, the time grows near and we need to be found ready in HIM!

God bless
maryjane

2015/12/1 21:00Profile

Re:

I think the reason people don't live with urgency that He is coming is that they really don't believe He is here now, living in them (unbelief,sin,false conversion). And He is probably not. Their faith has become cold and dead and they are only going through the motions of learned outward behavior needed when they are around church people.

The Holy Spirit and genuine conversions are missing today and many possessing a form of godliness are lost. Those who are abiding in Christ daily are uncomfortable in this world but very comfortable in the kingdom of God which has come to them. They see things that are not readily seen with the physical eyes and that is why they have an urgency in their lives.

2015/12/1 21:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy