SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GODLY / UNGODLY,....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Marc,

You already know I do not ascribe to Calvin's teachings so of course we disagree on many things and obviously will continue to. No need to keep reminding me, either unless of course you have some other motive. Then I suppose you will continue.

2015/9/13 9:59

Re:

Nothing to do with Calvinism. It has to with Adam and what really happened in the garden. I don't hold Calvin's opinion on it.

Ask yourself this simple question. Why would God say so little about the event that had such a massive impact on man. That is why Paul calls it the Mystery of Iniqiuty.

It is the second most important event in all of scripture and yet God the Holy Spirit only gives us a handful of versus. But it is the source of everthing that followed. All things must begin at the beginning and everything else follows that line. But God only throws down a bit of scratch. He is brilliant.

marcmc

2015/9/13 10:32

Re:

It is not as hidden as you think it is. Where have you been digging?

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2015/9/13 11:42

Re:

That's how He does it.

All I said was your first post in this thread is full of error, you don't thnk it is so be well. I did what I was told.
marcmc

2015/9/13 11:56

Re:

Like all of us, you are free to express your opinion. I prefer the opinion of the Scriptures.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, THE SPIRIT THAT NOW WORKETH IN THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE.

John 8:44 YE ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL, AND THE LUSTS OF YOUR FATHER YE WILL DO. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin IS OF THE DEVIL; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Can man stand independent, apart from God or Satan? The Scriptures do not offer a third alternative.

The Mystery of Godliness is "Christ in you".

The Mystery of Iniquity, for us "cups, vessels and branches", is the opposite as the scriptures attest.

Mat 12:33-34 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

2015/9/13 12:24

Re:

P

2015/9/13 13:10
Elibeth

Re:

Julius,

I really appreciate clarity of the words and Scriptures you have shared here.

I hope to continue farther,

Love and peace,

elizabeth

2015/9/13 15:01Profile

Re:

Thank you, Elizabeth.

Jesus was very clear when he spoke of demons. They are all referred to as Satan not only by Jesus, but by Peter and Paul and other apostles.

When He spoke to Peter, He knew Satan was not sitting on Peter's shoulder. We don't believe that a devil sits on one shoulder and an angel on the other. Peter knew very well from his experience that all demons are referred to as Satan, the deceiver and liar and that is why he ask Ananias why Satan had filled his heart to lie to the Holy Spirit.

Paul knew this too. When he spoke to King Agrippa concerning the Gospel to turn many people "from the power of Satan unto God".

Jesus had just cast a devil out of a man in Matt 12:22. And the Jews accused Him of "casting out devils by Beelzebub, the prince of the devils."

You see, even the Jews knew there were many devils.

Jesus tells us that "If Satan cast out Satan, he is divided".

Here we see that Jesus Christ refers to all "devils" as Satan.

Jesus often referred to devils as Satan. He spoke of a woman "whom Satan hath bound" for eighteen years; and "then entered Satan into Judas". Paul spoke of "delivering such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh" and "lest Satan should get an advantage of us, for we are not ignorant of his devices".

Were Paul and Peter ever accused of thinking Satan was omnipresent? I don't recall that they were.

Paul's salutations to the church at Rome:

Rom 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

I look forward to continuing this study with you, Elizabeth.

Grace and peace to you and anyone else who joins.

2015/9/13 16:38

Re:

Quote:
by marcmc on 2015/9/13 13:10:33

Julius21,

The third alternative is the first Adam, but of course you have an omnipresent Satan.

If I made Satan "omnipresent" then Paul, Peter and Jesus did, too. See my response to Elizabeth.

The first Adam was not an independent self. He did not stand apart from God, (his merciful and loving father) until he sinned, then he was a child of the devil and he was sold into sin/slavery to a merciless, and hateful father.

2015/9/13 16:42

Re:

Nope,

marcmc

2015/9/13 16:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy