SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I would value prayers regarding my situation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
richrock

UK

I would value prayers regarding my situation

2015/5/20 10:45Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: I would value prayers regarding my situation

Rich,

Praying for you.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally and does not reprove or scold us for asking. (My paraphrase of James 1:15)

Rich, that scripture is given in the context of body life, it is an instruction for us within fellowship with other believers.

I know you're frustrated. I have a hard time hearing --- not anything close to your situation, but I want you to know I feel what you say. I have spent a good part of the last 28 years apologizing to my wife for the frustrations caused by my family trait of being hard of hearing.

You want to teach? Talk to your friend. Use the time with him to teach him something that you see is godliness. Doesn't have to be a lecture, just a word of encouragement from the wells of life in the Scripture that flow in you from Him already.

Don't step away from the church you are in until you have direction from the Lord. It is a hard weight to carry when you are at fundamental odds with the visions of the contemporary church, but God has at least a remnant in most of these places if not a living and working body of believers. You are not alone, although I know you feel like you are.

We recently separated from our local church. We did not do so until we had found another body of believers and we met with them a few times and were pleased in our spirits about them. Perfect? Not by a long shot. Praying? Seeking Him? I think it is fair to say they are. Plus, we have our home fellowship. So, please don't disconnect too quickly in your current state of mind.

2015/5/20 10:55Profile
richrock

UK

Re:

I deleted my post. I don't want to waste anyone's time. Sorry. Thank you for your prayer.

2015/5/21 3:28Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Praying Rich. I didn't get to read your original post, but I can tell you that our Heavenly Father knoweth what things you have need of before ye ask.

Don't be ashamed to ask for prayer. Even our Lord Jesus needed help carrying His cross. Love ya

2015/5/28 17:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy