SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : From the source of COSMOS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

From the source of COSMOS

Recently, a series promoting the evolutionary Big Bang worldview was released on the American public. It is broadcast on the FOX network and hosted by astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson. Based on another noticably similar series produced with atheist astronomer Carl Sagan, it was penned by his wife Ann Druyan. Below is a quote from a segment of an interview by Huffpost Live in April 2014. In this quote Ann Druyan describes her involvement in the "time capsule" included on the Voyager satellite project.

Quote:
Also during the project, I asked Carl if it would be possible for me to meditate for an hour and to have my body hooked up to various computers that would record every single neurological impulse, every signal that my mind and body were sending out, and then to compress that into data and to put that on the Voyager Record, as found, and to imagine that the extra-terrestrials of a thousand million years from now could possibly reinterpret what I was thinking, and I remember vividly, Carl looking at me, and saying, "Hey, a billion years is a long time, Annie, you know. Anything is possible. Go do it."

It is worthwhile to be informed about the worldview that informed the creation of these series that have molded the thinking of so many today.

You can find the whole interview here:

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/ann_druyan_telling_the_story_of_the_cosmos

2014/5/23 10:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy