SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : On the Plains of Shinar

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi there Frank,

I saw you quote that line a little while back and it was not the first time I thought about how much we think alike because I have said that many times through the years.

Wisdom, love, truth, kindness, justice are all a PERSON.

Isn't it amazing how everything holy and godly is wrapped up in Jesus Christ.

There is nothing good apart from Him. He is the armor of God. I wrote about that once, maybe a year or two ago on SI, but alas, it is too difficult to find old writings on SI. He is Truth, Righteousness, Salvation, the Gospel of Peace (He is our Peace), the Sword of the Spirit (He is the Word of God), our Faith, etc ,etc.

We put on the Armor of God by "putting on Christ".

So, yes, we cannot divorce or separate these things from Christ. He is truly our All in All.

What is our need for the hour? Our provision is found in Christ.

Romans 11:36
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

May the Lord bless the conference you are having with the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.

Pilgrim

2013/6/10 0:42Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

<blockquote>What is this "special status" that we think we have that we do not have to walk in obedience to the Spirit of God? Because the "church in the wilderness" enjoyed no such "special status". God is no respecter of persons!</blockquote>

The issue here is inheritance not salvation.

What was the main charge of god to them is that they failed to enter because of unbelief.

We do not obey because we do not believe that God is really as good, gracious and loving as he says he is. Do we really believe that jesus is enough, that his death, burial and resurrection is all we need, if we do the promised land of the blessings of the Spirit are ours.

2013/6/10 3:59Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

I agree, lack of obedience, and an unfaithful heart comes down to unbelief. This unbelief started in the garden. Adam and Eve chose to believe another's words over God's words.

2013/6/11 21:23Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Jer_12:5 If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

2013/6/11 21:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy