SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help with a search

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
romanchog

Help with a search

As many of you know, I am recently widowed and have 6 children that I need to support.

I was wondering if anyone here would know how (or IF) I could get a job as a writer or editor or something like that which could be done from home. I don't know if this is an appropriate place to post this, but I don't know where to even start looking, so any leads would be great. It would have to be Christ-honoring.

I also have an idea for a book series for children to learn to read, based on how I taught my kids but I don't know if this is marketable or how to market it if I created it.

A little about me:
I have never worked outside the home. I worked with my husband in his business always so I sort of know how to run a business, but he was very informal with his paperwork so I don't know how that would translate in real life. I have some training in science (a little rusty) and have a degree in law (though I do not have a license). I am currently working part-time from home as a research assistant for a law professor and have co-authored and published two papers through that. My contract for that ends in June and the University will not renew it.

I have tried to keep getting income through my husband's business but have been unsuccessful. He was an excellent physics and chemistry instructor, and so he was able to privately tutor many students and also prepare them for the medical school entrance exam. I helped him prepare his materials but I do not have ANY knowledge in physics, and feel unprepared to teach the chemistry at this point. I am planning to begin preparing myself for next school year. I used to tutor law school students, but have been unable to get any students so far this year, and the semester is almost over.

I have been looking for other work unsuccessfully. I dread having to leave the home to work, not because of the work but because it would mean a huge change for my children, who are homeschooled. I am not sure that can continue for all of them if I have to work outside the home. I would have to put them in public school if that were the case because I cannot afford private school.

I have been praying for God's will to be done. My husband was very proud that I never had to work. He never wanted me to have to go out and work for someone else or have to be in a position where I would have to submit to another man. I am praying that God will allow me to continue his wishes.

Thanks for any information that you can provide and most of all for prayer.

In Christ,
romanchog

2013/3/14 23:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Help with a search

Sister,

That is a tremendous idea towards the children books, the problem is marketing that is the key to success for them. I would be happy to give you any advice and help as you would need it.

Also I have a few ideas for you please email me at: [email protected]

Praying the Lord will make the way clear for you.

2013/3/15 8:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy