SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any other music recommendations based on these artists?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

thank you mangan. I like Maranatha and Talbot.

I'm thinking about purchasing a NeedToBreathe album. anyone like them? if so, any particular album you recommend?

2012/12/11 17:10

Re:

sorry for the hasty post. I am sampling them (needtobreathe) on amazon and they aren't as spiritual as I'm looking for

2012/12/11 17:12
kjcword

Re:

Here are some of my favorites:

Daniel Brymer
Daniel Crews
Enfield
Shane & Shane
Shine Like Stars
Ruah
Steve Grace
Ben Cantelon
Andy Needham Band

May His Kingdom advance!

2012/12/11 19:20Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re: Any other music recommendations based on these artists?

Hi NoahJD
A couple of albums I play constantly at this moment are 'Cornerstone' the new one from Hillsong. I find it absolutely uplifting and when I have the house to myself have the most wonderful worship times with it. My dad was never keen on Hillsong but I played it to him without telling him who it was and he loved it!

I also love 'white flag' from passion, which is a complilation of worship leaders at a 'Passion' event which raises funds to fight trafficing. The singers on this album include Chris Tomlin, Christy Nockells (absolutely love her 'You revive me' solo!)David Crowder band,there is also '10,000 reasons' sang by Matt Redman - another amazing album!

My husband for my birthday bought me 'Soul Survivor & Momentum Live 2011, We are the Free' We played it in the car going on holiday and I was amazed when he then continued to play it for the rest of the week, while driving around on holiday! He said he was so impressed at the high standard of the album and could see that he music had come a long way from the sub-standard and poor quality he always felt Christian music was years ago!

I have a wide array of tastes and also love 'Brooklyn Tabernacle choir' and just to think that a majority of the choir are ex drug addicts, alcoholics and prostitutes is incredible! The joy shines in their faces! I posted a message on youtube that I want to be in their corner of Heaven when we arrive and praise the Lord! My dad wept at their DVD filmed singing in a prison - incredible!

I truly feel praise and worship the past 5 years or so has gone up a level and there is such an anointing. I love the songs we sing today and the revamping of the old ones, even old hymns have had a new lease of life at our church!the words are amazing and are giving God the praise and honour He deserves!

2012/12/13 13:46Profile
TomfromOZ

Hunter Valley, Australia

Re:

Sons of Korah - An Australian band who do the psalms.

Christ our life- free & can be found on Sermon Index.

Robert evans - does Scripture Songs - free.

These have all blessed me over the years

I too, have recently found Will regan & united pursuit and have realy been blessed by the joy in song.

Tom

2012/12/13 17:02Profile
TomfromOZ

Hunter Valley, Australia

Re:

For something a little different have a listen to the Getty's. Keith and Kristen Getty. Modern Irish hymn writers. I think they have done a bit with Simon Townsend. Over time Im finding a greater blessing in the hymns both old and new. Worth a listen. Many churches seem to be using their song's now.

Tom

2012/12/13 17:08Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

I completely second TomfromOZ's recommendation! love keith and kirstyn getty! seriously modern day hymns, haha. they are the ones that wrote "in Christ alone" which i initially thought was an "old-school" hymn

i would also recommend songs by "sovereign grace"
two albums that i have listened to:
1) come weary saints
2) valley of vision (based on the book of puritan prayers called valley of vision)
their songs are very very very theologically rich and gospel centered

also a cd from calvary chapel called "my journey home"

=)

2012/12/13 22:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy