SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How to stand in the coming storm.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

How to stand in the coming storm.

Hi saints, many who have eyes to see can see a storm coming. Indeed the skies have already began to darken and the first bands have already arrived, birth pangs if you like. Slowly but surely Christendom is being surrounded by her enemies. How then shall God’s people stand in that day? How will you stand? Have you asked yourself that question? Will you truly have faith in the living God? Will you stand fast in that day?

Listen brothers and sisters, all those who know the Lord will stand fast because of the presence of God in them, because of the Holy Spirit. Do not be afraid, we have a promise. Yet do not be fooled, it’s not the promise that saves us it’s the one who makes the promise. Only by knowing Him who makes the promise can we stand fast on those promises. God said to His people that He would never leave them nor forsake them. Those who genuinely know God will stand fast because God has promised to be with us.

In Isa 33:14 it says that ” the sinners in Zion are afraid;fearfulness has seized the hypocrite.” You see, when judgements and destructions are all around Zion, its the hypocrites who are afraid. Now the word hypocrite in the Greek means ” actor.” And so in Christendom today we have actors, people who play the part of being a Christian. Now how will they be identified? Fear in the midst of calamity. And what is their cry ? “Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire?” ( Isa 33:14) In Hebrews 12:29 we see that ” our God is a consuming fire.” Yet the cry of the hypocrite, the actor is ” who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire.” You see, the actor flees from the presence of God who is a devouring fire but the genuine saint runs to the fire which he sees as a light in the midst of darkness. To one a fire, to the other salvation.

In that time the people of God find all their security in God who has made provision for them. Gods people will ” dwell on high, his place of defence will be the fortress of rocks; bread will be given him, his water shall be sure.” ( Isa 33:16) You see brothers and sisters we stand upon the unmovable Rock of Jesus. Even in the midst of famine we will have our bread and in the midst of drought we will be refreshed by the waters that flow from the throne of grace.

And the prophet further promises God’s people ” You eyes will see the King in His beauty, they will se the land which is afar off.” (Isa 33:17) You see brothers and sisters, we who trust in the Lord get to gaze upon His beauty and are given eyes to see beyond our current situation and calamity. We get to see the Kingdom of God. And this Kingdom that dwells within us is unshakable. The prophet describes it as a ” tabernacle that will not be taken down, not one of its stakes shall be removed, nor will any of its cords be broken. (Isa 33:20) This is the Kingdom of God that is already established in your heart. And one day soon will be established eternally for all to see, praise the Lord for eyes to see the heavenly Jerusalem.

Psalm 27 says…. “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.” (Psalm 27:1-6)

In verse 9 the psalmist says ” Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger. You have been my help. Do not leave me nor forsake me.” In the first chapter of Joshua God gives a tremendous promise to one of His ” faithful spies.” This promise is not just to Joshua but to every faithful follower of the Lord Jesus who puts his trust in God. ” As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.” Praise the Lord for His promises. He will be with us and He will go before us and He will lead us on to victory in Jesus our Savior forever. And now brothers and sisters, follow the command of the Lord ” be strong and of good courage,” and ” be strong and very courageous,” for the Lord your God is with you and ever shall be.

2012/11/29 17:46
jimp

Re: How to stand in the coming storm.

hi ilive my life sitting on my Fathers lap with His arms around me.jimp

2012/11/30 1:10Profile

Re:

HI Jimp, not sure if that is a comment on my post but I say amen to your comment. He will indeed never leave us nor forsake us..........bro Frank

2012/11/30 8:48
Lysa

East TN for now!

What I am finding with the people around me is that in order to stand in the coming storm, one has to believe that there is a storm coming and I am talking about Christians.

When I got up Nov 7th, I believe the Lord gave me partial peek that this was more about Israel than America (but Americans are too busy whining over themselves), AND NOW with the UN’s passing of a Palestinian State with all the world including the Vatican behind it????

I agree with your article and you are right brother, a storm is coming and appears to be closer than we thought but this is just my opinion!!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/11/30 9:37Profile

Re:

Well sister Lysa, I agree with your opinion. There is a big world out there and the story of Christ coming back is a global story not just an American story.

Jesus urged his disciples to pray because He knew that Calvary was just a moment away. Of course only the Lord prayed and He was more than prepared for Calvary. If the Lord Himself had to prepare Himself, it would be a matter of great pride and foolishness on our part if we did not prepare ourselves for the coming storm. But of course your point is well noted "in order to stand in the coming storm, one has to believe that there is a storm coming and I am talking about Christians." Amen............bro Frank

2012/11/30 10:26

Re:

I read in Dan Biser's prayer letter the Supreme Court will take up the issue of marriage in this nation. If tbe Court rules in favor of the LBGT agenda. Then you know it is going to get stormy.

Bearnaster.

2012/11/30 11:31
Goldminer

Alabama

What a message to keep close to the heart. In the face of whatever comes we have a hope that is more solid than rock, even then diamonds. Our God never fails. Hallelujah. Thank you for sharing this brother

2012/11/30 11:33Profile

Re:

Goldminer writes...........

" In the face of whatever comes we have a hope that is more solid than rock, even then diamonds. Our God never fails. Hallelujah."

Amen!!!.......bro Frank

2012/11/30 13:53
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Good word Brother Frank. In the days ahead
we will need to know that the Lord is our
shelter from the storm.

Just last night at prison ministry I shared with
the brothers about building our house on the
rock.

Mike

2012/11/30 20:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Do not be afraid, we have a promise. Yet do not be fooled, it’s not the promise that saves us it’s the one who makes the promise. Only by knowing Him who makes the promise can we stand fast on those promises.

Excellent word, the person the Lord Jesus Christ will be able to help us weather the storm as we abide in Him and cling to Him in personal relationship. May we daily abide and know His voice and consolations now so when the storm comes we will abide in Him much deeper!

He is a cleft in the rock especially in the storm.

2012/11/30 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy