SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The End of the American Dream. Going hungry in America.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

The latest map of our own U.S. drought....pretty severe!

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Just read a post from a family living in St. Charles county, Missouri (middle of farmland) who said the drought is so bad that they can not let their kids go out and play in the yard. Why? the cracks in the ground are nearly 6 feet deep.

2012/8/24 22:28Profile

Re: "AM I MY BROTHER'S KEEPER?".....Cain

Brother Tom,

Just read your vision that you posted. I believe you are correct in that during severe times of testing, especially involving lack of food, will definitely reveal who are the sheep and who are the goats.

Because of trials you listed, I take every opportunity to repent when God shows me a sin hiding in the crevice my heart. I never want to give the enemy an opportunity to use me, like a marionette puppet whose actions are controlled my someone else manipulating the strings.

Thanks for the add and your post link.

Blessings.

2012/8/25 2:13

Re:

EverestoSama,
Unfortunately, your initial response was correct, but I take the stance that what other people do with their money is none of my business, but God's business, which is why I am not bitter. She believes herself to be a staunch Christian, and 30 years ago I prayed that I would be the lamb for my household, so I believe in the end God will have mercy on her. I have a term that I call those kinds of Christians - "Flowers." Beautiful to look at, but if the weather turns nasty, or the climate and soil are not perfect, they wilt and wither away.

Additionally, God has a different call upon my life. If I were to behave as such, I would be soundly rebuked. Because of the sharing in the sufferings of Christ, I have received the greatest gift one can receive during our lifetime - not living my will, but God's, and laying down my life unto death. It's very freeing, but only attainable by continual prayer, study, and repentance.

I appreciate your kindness and humility.

2012/8/25 11:25
jochbaptist

Re:

Quote:
EverestoSama,
Unfortunately, your initial response was correct, but I take the stance that what other people do with their money is none of my business, but God's business

This touched a raw nerve with me as well.
My sister (a believer) married into a very wealthy family. I have been through a rough period the last three years in my marriage, my finances, and a daughter that was diagnosed with, and treated for cancer (healed now P.T.L.). I used all my leave to be at hospital, and over a period of 3 years only managed to take a 3 day break and later another for 4 days staying at the cheapest and only going to a restaurant twice with my wife & 4 daughters.
Meanwhile my sister has been to Europe, Mauritius, a Game Farm, Beach holidays and numerous week-end break-aways. They never felt the need to share, and became hostile when I ask for help.
I am meeting with them tomorrow, as they are on holiday, and wants to see us, and for the cousins to connect again. And though I feel that I guarded my heart against bitterness, I was wondering if I should confront them. Now I am not so sure anymore.

May the Lord bless you.
Joch

2012/8/25 12:01Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re:

Dear Joch,

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that my life has been a very "cushy" one here in North America, so I haven't really had to deal with the type of stress/pain of what you shared.

But I want to identify with the hurt that you and your family must have felt when your sister/her husband became hostile toward you for asking for help. If you can't go to family for help, where do you go? I guess they didn't grasp what a privilege it is to share the wealth when you have abundance and a family member is in dire need. They missed out on a blessing.

Since you already mentioned your need to them once and got an ill response, perhaps it might be good just to "let it go" and not mention it again. I don't know....the Lord will show you when they come for their visit. But it would be a shame to try again and end up alienating them because they don't get it yet. If they truly know the Lord, then He will have to mature them.

The biggest problem I see is seeking to keep bitterness (as you mentioned) from taking root in the heart. It's hard to be honest with ourselves about that kind of thing. I, and I'm sure others, will be praying for you to really forgive them and set them free. Doing that, you also set yourself free.

Blessings on you and your dear family!!!

2012/8/25 16:08Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Dear DJ

I hear you. Thank you for your love & concern. I'll keep on honestly guarding & releasing.

Blessings.

Joch

2012/8/26 5:11Profile
jstrang

Owasso, OK

Re: The End of the American Dream. Going hungry in America.

This breaks my heart, as does the rest of the hurting people around the world, but the days are coming when things will get much worse in the US. I am reminded of these words by Leonard Ravenhill (forgive me if I don't remember exactly), they are, "We will either concentrate in prayer, or pray in concentration camps."

Oh that God would grant us a holy life with Himself as our center so that when dark days come, we will stand unmoved by Satan and this wicked generation.

Let us learn to be "shut up to God" now, edify the bride of Christ and snatch as many as possible out of the fire.

Peace and blessings,

Jeremy

2012/8/26 5:20Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Thankfulness

Brother Joch,

Covetousness has many faces. When God instructed us to turn from it He pointed several direct areas. He told us not to covet our neighbor's wife, house, manservant, maidservant or beast. When we covet something it shows a divided heart and is classified as idolatry. If our heart is right with God here, our cry is food and raiment is enough.

2012/8/26 5:53Profile

Re:

Brother Joch,

I just want to encourage you in your plight. It is difficult to learn the "secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty of in want" (Philippians 4:12). I am still working on attaining this pure attitude that Paul had mastered.

Continue to pray and ask the Lord to work this all for good. We are still very poor, and heavy in debt, but somehow manage to make it to the next month. God has used my poverty to reveal pride in my heart and to rely on Him for all provisions. It was embarrassing for me to lose my good credit and have collection agencies call incessantly. It also prevents me from spoiling my children, which I had a tendency to do, and makes them thankful and grateful for everything! I continue to pray for a better paying job, and actively seek and apply, but only God can open that door.

I can't say how God would have you deal with your poverty, I can only encourage you to ask Him. As mentioned in this thread it's good preparation for the future, and a bonus is that our children are not focused on material possessions.

Blessings

2012/8/26 13:59
jochbaptist

Re:

Amen Jeremy. I hear you too. Thanks Brother.

100FOLD - thanks to you too.

2012/8/27 2:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy