Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Christ and The Word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

The Christ and The Word

THE CHRIST AND THE WORD
Jesus is the Christ. The Christ is the anointing of the sprit, through which all being come into existence. In a measure all the prophets, in the Old Testament in a measure receive a measure of the Christ upon them to fulfill the work God committed in their hands. If through the Christ all things came into being then the Christ is God, and if Jesus is the Christ then Jesus is God. The Christ is the spirit of God. The Christ fulfilled the spoken word. It brings forth that which is spoken into fruition.
If in the natural the Father brings forth the son then the Christ is the Father JESUS spoke of in the scriptures. The Son is the word but the word cannot work independent of the father or Christ.” I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me” (John5v30). If we see the word Christ as just another word, we cannot understand how that word means the father .When we understand the spiritual meaning of the word Christ, that it is the anointing or the spirit of God then we see how the Christ is the father whom Jesus spoke about. Jesus did nothing without the anointing or the spirit of God. God is spirit, and we cannot separate God from the spirit of God, they are one.
Isaiah saw the oneness of the Father and Son. He saw a child, Son and Father all in one personality. “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Of course the scripture above proofs the divinity of Jesus but there is more to that. JESUS is a revelation that reveals how everything came into being. Call no one on earth, “Father” yet here the Coming Christ is to be called the Father.
How to receive the word
The Son is the word fulfilled and the father is the spirit, because the spirit produced and fulfilled the word. The Father or spirit brings forth the word or the son. The word does not come before the spirit, it comes with the spirit. It gets its being from the spirit. When you received a measure of the spirit you have received the word). When Jesus spoke about him and the father making there abode in us, he was speaking of the uniting of the word and spirit, the Christ in our being. “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” Another key word from the word of Jesus above is LOVE. ”If a man love me,” . We Love by our hearts not our brains; what we did not loved with out heart we cannot loved with our minds and soul. We may speak about Love with our mind but until we speak it from our hearts it is false. So he is saying if you desired me with your hearts my word will be fulfilled in you through the help of the spirit. The psalmist wrote “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”(psalms119v11). Hid the word in just the brain, and nothing but frustration will be your portion in the heat of trial with all the knowledge of scriptures. After preaching, Love you live in hatred, after preaching mercy you live in unforgiveness, after preaching walking in the spirit you live in carnal judgment etc.
Recently I heard a preacher said “some received the spirit before the word “ that might not be a perfect stated but somehow understood where he was going. What he meant by the word was the ability to teach the scriptures. What he meant by the spirit, was the ability by the Holy Spirit to work sign and wonders. So he was saying you can have the ability, to walk sign and wonders by the Holy Spirit while you still lack the ability to teach the scripture. That is scriptural because, the scriptures says not all are teachers or workers of miracles, though some still can have both. Actually that was his testimony; in his early days having extraordinary gifted in working sign and wonders yet lacked the ability to teach. Yet according to many testimonies, when you come near this man you see the pure character of Christ even then. If the character of Christ was truly in Him as some witness then he had never Lack the word. The Word was already hid in His heart; He just lacked the ability by the spirit to explain what was working in His heart. It is good that we judge not the maturity of men by the working of gifts in teaching or preaching etc. For example before one received the gift of revelation to teach, you just don’t know the how about of it until one day the holy spirit spoke to you and told you “I will give you the gift of revelation to teach”. Now when you received this gifts and start teaching by the Holy Spirit does that mean you have now become more spiritual than before you received the gift? Naturally men may think so but in the spirit you are just the same vessel having now the ability to explain what the spirit was doing in you. There can be some spiritual Giants who may not even have the gifts of teaching and preaching mysteries but when you come near them you must sense the fragrance of the purity of Christ. It is because they have the very word within there Hearts, some of those gifted members talk about.
We should not think we get the Word because we can teach it, or because we have a revelation about it; we have only the Word when it is in our hearts manifesting the Life of Jesus. All things are kept in the will of God by the Word, so if you have the word in any measure, within your heart it will keep you and uphold in that measure in the will of God. Why because the WORD has the Spirit it received from the father. And the spirit has the power to fulfill the will of the father. This is why we are told the Father, spirit and the Word bears witness of one another. You cannot receive one within the Heart, without receiving the others, because they are one.”That is why Jesus sometimes says “we will come and make our abode in you “instead of” I will come and make my abode in you” …. upholding all things by the WORD of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”(Heb.1v3). The only Word we have is the Word we lived.
To get the Word we must abide in Christ first before His word abides in us. To abide in Christ is to wait in Christ or to wait for the anointing, His word to abide in us. To wait is to surrender in faith, having nothing to worry about, with a heart that earnestly prays because it has faith. A faithless man cannot persist in prayer(Luke18v1-8). “Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose Heart” (luke 18v1) .This is how we received the divine nature, the word of God to dwell in us producing the Life of God. Amen.

2012/6/13 13:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy