SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Billy Graham Endorses NC Marriage Amendment Before State Vote

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Billy Graham Endorses NC Marriage Amendment Before State Vote

Renowned evangelist Billy Graham issued a statement voicing his support for an amendment that would define marriage as between a man and a woman, just under a week before North Carolina citizens will vote on the issue. Notably, Graham's endorsement is rare given that he typically avoids political issues.

"At 93, I never thought we would have to debate the definition of marriage," Graham said in his statement on Wednesday. "The Bible is clear – God's definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. I want to urge my fellow North Carolinians to vote for the marriage amendment on Tuesday, May 8. God bless you as you vote." ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/billy-graham-endorses-nc-marriage-amendment-before-state-vote-74321/

2012/5/5 0:03Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re: Billy Graham Endorses NC Marriage Amendment Before State Vote

Wish there was a like option hehe

Thank you Mr. Graham!

2012/5/5 6:12Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thank you brother Greg for posting this. I needed to see it. The article goes on to say that Graham usually doesn't get involved in the political arena but as one baptist associate point out that they believe the reason why He did this time was because He saw this as a moral issue and He felt He needed to take a biblical stand for God's standard.

Brother I usually avoid politics and never bring it up in my local church but I believe their comes a time when God's people need to vote for biblical principles when they are being destroyed right before our eyes.

The media fueled by "the haters of God's morals" are always trying to portray christian people as haters because we believe in God's standard of right and wrong. They accuse many God fearing Christians who actually love all people and desire to see them saved and live a holy pleasing life unto the Lord, as hating homosexuals, because we are against their sin. They accuse us of hating them when actually they are really hating us because we strive to honor God in the clear teachings of the bible.

True Christians don't hate homosexuals but desire for them to be saved and experience God's love and holiness. I feel that we must desire to see God's institution of marriage between a man and a woman stay that way, for a society of people, for our children's sake, and most of all for morality sake in honoring our creator who is a holy God.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/5/5 6:48Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rbanks..Brother I usually avoid politics and never bring it up in my local church.

This is why this Country is in the shape it's in morally, no one wants to get involved anymore. The Gays and the Government has created a snowball effect, that is only going to get larger.

This is not picking on your at all personally, this is just a general statement.

You know there are just some things in the Bible that are supposed to happen according to God's word in the end times, things that we as Christians condemn. Are we just suppose to let these things happen if there in Gods plan? or, are we supposed to fight back with prayer, and will prayer even work if these things are in Gods ultimate plan for the end times? I have always wondered if anything is in God's plan for the end times, no matter how much we condemn them, is our Prayers in vain? I know God answers our Prayer, if of course we are walking the correct path in life, but how would he answer a Prayer against something that he has destined for the end times?

2012/5/5 11:02Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

Quote:
This is why this Country is in the shape it's in morally, no one wants to get involved anymore.

I agree however, not with the involvement as far as it goes for your destination. Involvement in what? I think that is of great importance. Your next statement seems to me as it were, well, wrong?

Quote:
The Gays and the Government has created a snowball effect, that is only going to get larger.

Can we justly finger point and blame others when I believe it is the believers in Christ who have bowed their knee to the world and because of that God's judgement has come. Do we rightfully judge the world or do we judge one another inside the body?

Quote:
You know there are just some things in the Bible that are supposed to happen according to God's word in the end times, things that we as Christians condemn. Are we just suppose to let these things happen if there in Gods plan? or, are we supposed to fight back with prayer, and will prayer even work if these things are in Gods ultimate plan for the end times? I have always wondered if anything is in God's plan for the end times, no matter how much we condemn them, is our Prayers in vain? I know God answers our Prayer, if of course we are walking the correct path in life, but how would he answer a Prayer against something that he has destined for the end times?

I wonder the same exact thing.
edit: Wanting to just express my point and say that I don't want to come off harsh or judgmental. Perhaps I have misunderstood you and in that case please forgive me. It seems that for some of us we look at the judgments of God and place them on unbelievers when it is very clear that He deals with those He has called with consequences, either good or bad, based on the called out one's response to Him.

2012/5/5 11:29Profile
rbanks

Re:

Brother Bill I disagree and agree with you also brother.

Jesus never got involved with the political systems of this world because His kingdom is not of this world.

I believe God judges each individual according to the light that they reject and also the light they refuse to walk in regardless of the end times prophecy of the scriptures.

Each person in the final analysis will get to decide which side He will choose to remain on whether it is God's or the devil's. The world is going toward hell and destruction along with all the religious systems of the world but the decisions we make is according to the light we receive not according to prophecy of the scripture or someone's understanding of end times prophecy.

2012/5/5 13:16Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Jesus never got involved with the political systems of this world because His kingdom is not of this world.

While it's true that His kingdom is not of this world it is also true that "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein." All the nations are the Lord's and we need to get out of the world's mindset that puts a separation between the sacred and the secular. We need to speak boldly in the public forum and declare the living God as the only solution to man's predicament just like Paul did on Mars' Hill.

We are not of the world but neither must we be indifferent to it. If the "Epicureans and Stoicks" of our day are found in the political public forum then let us declare the "unknown" God unto them in word and deed.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/5/5 13:39Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen and Amen brother Ron!

I believe in doing this without being involved in any political system of this world.

We need men and women full of the Holy Ghost, not holding signs or picketing places just be filled with the Holy Ghost and proclaim Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world.

2012/5/5 13:46Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

Quote:
by rbanks on 2012/5/5 9:46:39
Amen and Amen brother Ron!

I wanna 2nd that AMEN! Awesome stuff Ron :)

Isaiah 9:6
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Now I've asked a few leaders in the church I attend, it was a prayer meeting amongst the ushers, if the government rested on Christ's shoulders and to my amazement they said no, one I think didn't quite answer at all. I believe God Almighty is in full control!

2012/5/5 14:06Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:
All the nations are the Lord's and we need to get out of the world's mindset that puts a separation between the sacred and the secular.

Which is what Jesus was saying when he said, "Render to Caesar's the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." We can't divide the sacred from the secular, or separate the church from the state. To do so is a deadly theological trap.

2012/5/5 15:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy