SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Chip Brogden

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Chip Brogden

Know that and thanks to Chanin, Ed I believe and others, a wonderful newsletter is available from Chip, his thoughts and experience are valuable. His whole goal and ministry is to one end only and thought this well summed that up and was too good to not share.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's meditation is taken from:

THE CRISIS OF A CHRISTLESS CHRISTIANITY
by Chip Brogden

http://www.watchman.net/articles/crisis.html

"Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13, NKJV).

The prophetic word is given to point us to Jesus. Everything the Holy Spirit would speak, reveal, teach, and show us is towards this same end, which is CHRIST. We do not need to mull over every dream, vision, word, or prophecy, trying to exegete its hidden meaning, struggling to extract some spiritual significance where none exists. If what we see and hear does not point us to Jesus then it is not prophetic and should be discarded. This simple test will keep us from distraction.

Apostles must point people to Christ. Prophets must point people to Christ. Evangelists must point people to Christ. Pastors and teachers must point people to Christ. Otherwise they are not fulfilling the purpose for which God placed them in the Church to begin with. Apostolic ministry is not an end unto itself, but is a means to an end. Prophetic ministry is not an end unto itself, but is a means to an end. Evangelistic ministry is not an end unto itself, but is a means to an end. Pastoral and teaching ministries are not ends unto themselves, but are a means to an end. What is the end? What is the purpose? What does it all lead to? It leads to "the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13b). The fullness of Christ, the full-knowledge of Him - this is God's Goal and His Ultimate Intention.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Radical Christianity calls us to examine the foundation of everything we call "Christian" in order to discern what is, and what is not, acceptable to Christ.

Check out "Radical Christianity":
--> http://www.watchman.net/audio/ts105.html

Infinite Supply
http://www.watchman.net/daily

-------------

(c)2005 Watchman.Net. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read more about his testimony and ministry here:

http://www.watchman.net/about/

2005/1/21 10:00Profile
moreofHim

Re: Chip Brogden

Funny, I just went back and read this full article in it's entirety yesterday- just as a review.

So many times when I get sidetracked by theology or doctrinal debates/questions- when I've been reading too many books for my own good- i go back and read some of his articles and am pointed back to the "Center"- Christ alone.

Thank the Lord for Chip!

In Him, Chanin

2005/1/21 10:14Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Thanks Mike

Thanks Brother Mike for sharing this. As Brother Dave often says "It's all about Jesus." I know at times when I struggle with this and make it about my circumstances, my this and my that but in the final analysis it's always about Jesus Christ.

Praise God dear saints for this man who speaks the Word of God with such simplicity and power. He is such a blessing to the body of Christ.

Thank you Jesus for the work that you're doing in each heart that is surrendered to you.

2005/1/21 12:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy