SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ a damnable heresy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello Jesus-is-God, you wrote:

"Those that have merely differed on "when" The Word of GOD was "made The Son" - as in "this day have I begotten Thee" - seems to have time and date. That one verses is written 4 times, Old and New testament."

Here you go, again, assigning a human timeline to God. This does not work. God created time, as we know it. He is not subject to the constraints of it, as we are currently.

You are picking at nits just for the sake of being proven right. It appears you were very wiling to have Old Joe try to clear something up for you - only so long as he confirmed your theory. He posted something that would force you to have to accept the fact that you may have been on the wrong track and that angered you. The first poster who pops in making light of the subject, you grab onto as if they are throwing a lifeline. This poster signed in specifically to post on this thread, not willing to show their true identity. Still, you cling to them and reject the council of those of us who use our own screen names. I believe it is because that poster is the only one who says what you want to hear. That is very telling. Better for you to seek God for support than the world, for that is from where that poster speaks.

I can easily understand Old Joe's comment, "Done!" The play is yours, Jesus-is-God. I pray you make the right move. Do you realize how easily the focus has been turned away from Jesus and onto you and your playmate?

Goes to show, you can't help anyone who doesn't really want to be helped. You only want help on your terms. It doesn't work that way, ya know.

white stone

2012/1/15 14:40Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

Giggles,

Oh yes, I remember. I was caught up to the seventh heaven where I received a heresy-hunter's crown ten miles high with 1,000,000,000 jewels in it. I have been sent back to earth to kill this thread before it single-handedly ruins the Kingdom of God.

2012/1/15 14:45Profile

Re:

Hello again, White_Stone.

Joe brought this topic up 'at' me, on the Women Teaching thread - I have never wanted to push this belief on anyone - I merely asked him that, since he originally was the one to bring this topic up on The Women Teaching thread and condemned me to Hell for my bringing the Incarnational belief up back around 2009 - then why doesn't he try to help me 'with Scripture' because as I said on this thread as well - I'm open.

I understand your bias from our former conversations - but it's important that you judge the words written here and not according to favoritism, as that type judgment is blind-sided and is just that - judgmentalism and shows by the false accusations in your post and the posts of the one you admire.

I admire those that can quote other's post verbatim and give Scripture and not pull things off the Net that don't relate in the slightest to what the person that is in question is asking.

From Page Two of This Thread And also on The Women Teaching thread. ...

Quote: I'm stuck on the tenses of these verses -

Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, "this day have I begotten thee."

Heb 1:5,6 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, "this day" have I begotten thee? And again, I "will be" to Him a Father, and He "shall be" to me a Son? And again, "when" He bringeth in the "firstbegotten" into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship Him.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, "to day" have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; "this day" have I begotten thee.

Psa 89:26,27 He "shall" cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. Also "I 'will' make" him [my] "firstborn", higher than the kings of the earth.

Unless you are a Bible Scholar - please be careful what you accuse others of - because the search for Doctrinal TRUTH is NOT a SIN.

BTW - Joe deleted his post to write the second "done" reply.
I have no problem with that.... except that he was by no means "done" - as his next post that I quoted in mine shows.

Party spirit, Sis.

P.S. - I don't know who PrimaDogma is - but how dare you call either of us "play-mates".
You are only helping to make this a personal thing with you and Joe but I wouldn't stoop to calling you his "play-mate".
Partiality in "love" is showing it's head here and you do know what I mean, Sister. I found the loss of your fellowship when/the same day I lost Joe's very sad and I missed you.

I do believe in honest discussion, between 'hearts'.

2012/1/15 14:53

Re:

Tell me where you get subservient out of co-equal? It doesn't work that way.

FYI this is a new heresy you brought up, we are DONE with the other.

BTW this is love ma'am, it doesn't flatter or pretend things are OK when they clearly are not! Once you started talking some more it became obvious that you could reach no higher than commandments. The rest of your abherent beliefs are either cause or effect, in either case it doesn't look good. So I can leave you in that condition if you prefer, or I can give it a go to help you see higher than a commandment to the eternal Son of God.

You choose!!

OJ

2012/1/15 15:46

Re:

Jesus said, The words that I speak are not mind but the Father's. The same credit was given to His works. He also repeatedly pointed toward submission By His Own submission to The Father, For our example... lastly by saying in the Garden - "Not My will but Thine" and willfully going to the cross.

He learned obedience through/by what He suffered.

That was the submission of Son to Father through-out His earthly Life - most especially as He taught the Commandments to Love as being essential for salvation.
Again, type Love into a New Testament Search engine and see if you can find all of the verses on "love". Or all the N.T. verses that mention "commandments" and study them all.

Have you found any man here as yet, that you can call "Brother"?

--- or "Sister"?

Saved by Grace through Faith,

Ann

2012/1/15 15:55

Re:

I wondered if John MacArthur went through this when he taught this belief.

I listen to him on the radio and have for yrs, but wasn't aware that he believed this until sometime after he changed his belief.

I wonder if anyone else familiar with his teachings and his controversial time - know 'who' or what Scripture changed his thinking.

Did anyone say that MacArthur wasn't saved, when his belief was revealed?

What Scripture was given to him to change his view to what it is now?

Sincerely would like to hear from those that are knowledgable about the whole MacArthur story.

Thanks in advance!

2012/1/15 16:02
PrimaDogma

Re:

I notice that JiG is sticking to the subject and behaving politely toward her detractors, while her detractors keep hurling epithets of heresy, apostacy and damnation at her, proving that they are the true Christians.

Nowhere does the Bible say that the Kingdom of God is founded on love; nowhere does it deny that the Kingdom of God is founded on rage, pettiness and quibbling over word usage; which leaves us free to behave like louts, as long as our loutish behavior is in the form of punishing heretics and persecuting apostates.

The only way to scotch heresy is to destroy the heretic.

Granted, in the New Testament it is always the other way around: hypocrites persecute Christians and Christians never persecute anybody. But the Old Testament provides a sound basis for destroying sinners with the sword. And even though we are under the New Covenant, nowhere does the Bible say we cannot revert to the Old Covenant when the need arises.

Besides, Catholic history furnishes us with ample precedence for burning witches and Incarnational Sonshipists.

2012/1/15 18:43Profile

Re:

Submission isn't subservience. Try again.

OJ

2012/1/15 20:59

Re:

Thanks PD. I don't know who you are or were here - probably don't need to know - but the replies here have taught me a lesson.

Anyhow - Good news today - I now have a fellowship to be with locally. Praise The LORD!! Waited and prayed fervently for this day, to be able say - Yes, I have a place to go and a Sister in The LORD to get me there. Alleluia.

It's been worth the two year wait to meet such a precious Sister and know that she's from a fellowship that sounds like all that I believe I'd be comfortable in and have been looking for. I'm truly excited because I've prayed for some time whether to except her invitation and asked GOD for a sign that He wants me to go with her and it just happened tonight, just as I had asked when I ran into her in the stair-well. :)

I am grateful today. All it takes is one person to turn the tide, both here and here at home, where I met this Sister.

GOD Bless you both. Will stay in my prayers!
His mercies endure forever. Amen!

2012/1/15 21:00

Re:

Quote:

Did anyone say that MacArthur wasn't saved, when his belief was revealed?

Yep, and believe it or not, many still aren't sure that he is saved. His recantation was much below that which he himself preaches should happen in genuine repentance.

OJ

2012/1/15 21:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy