SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question about a book i just bought, unsure about it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
roadsign

Re:

Thank you Jesus-is-God for offering your reflections. I admit, I am not particularly adept at differentiating the elements of the dark forces – whether they be spirits, demons, forces, - and where they locate. On the other hand, it has been vital that I learn to distinguish what’s of God and what’s not - what is Holy Spirit Conviction and what is Satan’s accusation. The remedy for each is vastly different.

Quote:
And by "touch" that's a limited power granted the enemy.

I never thought about this word “touch”. And at the moment no scriptural example comes to mind. I surely have experienced a heavy “touch”. At any rate, I learned that it is possible to be nearly capsized by malevolent forces working within – not just in the external peripheries. And it may not be a sin issue at all. (I admit, bidding this riddance worked remarkably.) And specific wording here is not near as important as simply exercising spiritual authority in Christ.

Quote:
To say that anyone finding faults in JPL's book are "quenching His Spirit and have deceptions planted by the enemy" is going a bit far.

Oh dear, I see I should have worded this better! My apologies. I wrote:

Quote:
It may be that those who opposed JPL, justifiably or not, were also quenching God’s Spirit!

I meant this: Even while one is opposing something that may or may not be in error, it is possible to be quenching the Spirit. In other words, opposing a wrong doesn’t mean one is in step with the Spirit – during revivals.

Regarding the influence of authors and preachers in my life: The purpose God has had for them has not necessarily related to the grade he’d assign them. God has an amazing way of using flawed people – even to bring Spirit conviction. It’s been a matter of submitting to God and his means. A preacher once gave this caution: If we claim that God and the Bible are enough we are merely depending on our own interpretations and asserting our own autonomous rule. The heart is amazingly deceptive, we were reminded. I find that caution liberating – from myself, I guess.

Quote:
The LORD will not co-habit with devils.

Interestingly, they co-habit in our world. Mind you, I would not wish to say that God and Satan as equal rivals (dualism). I see Scripture positioning God as above all powers. Christ is our victor –as we wrestle against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Notice in Eph. 6:10ff the armor is not an exterior shell as the imagery would suggest. The parts all work in our inner being, through Christ dwelling within. And isn’t that where the battle is fought and won?

Blessings to you Jesus-is-God! This has been quite a journey – wrestling through this subject. Little could Bible4life have suspected!

Diane

2012/1/4 15:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
A preacher once gave this caution: If we claim that God and the Bible are enough we are merely depending on our own interpretations and asserting our own autonomous rule.

Can you tell who it was that said this?

2012/1/4 15:37
roadsign

Re:

I wish I could trace it back, so I could word it better. Actually, I've heard the idea a few times. The word "lone ranger" is typically used. I've tended to balk at this idea, being a bit of a "lone ranger" type myself. But, then I can accept the possibility of a superficial piety - masking autonomous pride.

Diane

2012/1/4 16:25Profile

Re:

How I've always been led to see it is, that we'll stand "alone" before GOD one day and have to give an account for what we believed and that He will not accept if we say that we acquired our false beliefs from some Pastor or teacher or anyone else on earth.
That we're fully accountable to His Word and The Spirit of Truth that was promised to guide and lead us individually into truth.
We're individually accountable for what we believe - and as I quoted that above - I realized that type statement is what came from Rome, way back when and from cults today, as well.

I'm surely not a lone-ranger but I surely do feel obliged to not blame anyone else for any false beliefs that I hold on to, when I face Him.

Thank you for answering!

2012/1/4 16:37
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Jesus-is-God

Quote:
I'm concerned with the terminology, Diane, of that you felt the need to use these terms, "expel", "expulsion", and "cast it out".

If only we as true Saints realized that no enemy can touch us without His permission and His will. And by "touch" that's a limited power granted the enemy.

I know you were addressing Diane but I'd like to offer my little two cents worth! I can't speak for Diane but I use the words expel, expulsion, cast it out in Jesus name because that is the way you get rid of demons; you expel them in Jesus name.

Matt 1:23 says that in THEIR synagogue there was a man with an unclean spirit. So while Jesus was in church there was a man with an unclean spirit. I have not read anywhere where Jesus made the man get saved before he cast a demon out of him. Have you? WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT JESUS DID NOT DEAL WITH THE MAN; HE DEALT WITH THE SPIRIT IN THE MAN. (v32-34) Jesus never told those He cast demons out of that they had to be ‘saved,” that is nowhere in Scripture. No, He just took authority over them and healed and cast out!!

Christian’s CAN BE DEMONIZED; in all types of depression, fear, pride, jealousy, addictions, explosive anger, etc, Demons entice, harass, torment, compel, enslave, defile, deceive and weaken the Christian. It’s a crying shame that Christians who are being demonized can’t find help IN THE CHURCH b/c the church or people in the church are telling them they can’t possibly be demonized, that they’ve got to get ‘born again’ instead of just doing the Lord's work and casting out the demon(s).

I know you are not going to agree with me in any shape or form and I’m a-ok with that, I hope we can stay friends! Christians are literally standing in line for help, so in Jesus' name, I will keep doing what the Holy Spirit is leading me to do... casting demons out of Christians!

God bless you, Jesus-is-God,
Lisa

*All caps were for emphasis and not meant to be perceived as yelling.

2012/1/4 17:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
Matt 1:23 says that in THEIR synagogue there was a man with an unclean spirit. So while Jesus was in church there was a man with an unclean spirit. I have not read anywhere where Jesus made the man get saved before he cast a demon out of him. Have you? WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT JESUS DID NOT DEAL WITH THE MAN; HE DEALT WITH THE SPIRIT IN THE MAN. (v32-34) Jesus never told those He cast demons out of that they had to be ‘saved,” that is nowhere in Scripture. No, He just took authority over them and healed and cast out!!

Hi Lisa. Yes, He surely did heal and cast out demons and as we read, it was to propagate the Gospel. Whether they got saved afterward, some did and some didn't.
We don't know how many that He ministered to got saved after He rose.

Quote:
Christian’s CAN BE DEMONIZED; in all types of depression, fear, pride, jealousy, addictions, explosive anger, etc, Demons entice, harass, torment, compel, enslave, defile, deceive and weaken the Christian. It’s a crying shame that Christians who are being demonized can’t find help IN THE CHURCH b/c the church or people in the church are telling them they can’t possibly be demonized, that they’ve got to get ‘born again’ instead of just doing the Lord's work and casting out the demon(s).

Back a few pages, I gave what I believe that demons 'can' do to Christians - but most of the first of your sentence there is describing "sin" and we cannot find where "sin" is ever to be blamed on "the devil made me do it". I just can't find that excuse in The Word.
Sure, we pray that none of us will be held in fear, pride, jealousy, explosive anger or any other sin - but The Word tells us what GOD thinks about these behaviors and we're basically told to "sin not".... Again - I cannot find anywhere where demons are blamed for our own sin - being tempted of our own lusts - not taking up our cross daily - loving ourselves more than we Love GOD but blaming demons for our sin is dangerous.

If folks are being oppressed -- it's always wise to seek people with wisdom and discernment to pray for them.

Demons "enslaving" Christians? How could that be unless the 'christian' is backslidden?

I'm sorry that I don't agree with the teaching of men on this issue. I was "into" Derek Prince and those who teach that Christians have demons that need to be "cast out" the first 4 yrs that I was saved .... but I Thank GOD for some Pentecostal Missionaries that taught me from The Word alone and showed me that a Christian cannot be 'indwelt' by a demon and that these other 'delivance' teachers put far too much emplasis on demons rather than sin, and that they strayed so very far from what our New Testament teaches us about spiritual warfare and what our position is in Christ.
Many of those who go through these 'deliverances' find that they need to keep going back for more because they're believing a lie in the first place by giving Satan more power over Christians than what he truly has and they begin to blame so much of what they experience on demons and back they are, asking to be 'delivered' again and again.

We don't need to agree to love each other and I do love you, Sis.

GOD Bless you too!!

2012/1/4 17:32
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Jesus-is-God

Quote:
I'm sorry that I don't agree with the teaching of men on this issue. I was "into" Derek Prince and those who teach that Christians have demons that need to be "cast out" the first 4 yrs that I was saved .... but I Thank GOD for some Pentecostal Missionaries that taught me from The Word alone

Here we go... the subtlety of telling me I’m following men! (sigh) That’s ok... but I do not follow the man’s’ teaching on this issue; I believed this BEFORE I ever ran across Derek Prince or Zac Poonen.

I love the word of God and I hope you know that, but can you explain how Christians followed Christ for 1400 years before they actually had the Word alone to follow?

Quote:
Many of those who go through these 'deliverances' find that they need to keep going back for more because they're believing a lie in the first place by giving Satan more power over Christians than what he truly has and they begin to blame so much of what they experience on demons and back they are, asking to be 'delivered' again and again.

I have not experienced this so I cannot comment.

God bless you...
Lisa

2012/1/4 17:55Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
He will not accept if we say that we acquired our false beliefs from some Pastor or teacher or anyone else on earth.

Besides, false teachings harms the Church of Jesus Christ.

I think that most conservative Christians claim to trust only in God and the Word. But even if they are guarded about preachers and authors, that doesn't exclude the fact that may be trusting their own interpretations of the Bible.

That's where I was going. Does that clear up my foggy talk?

blessings,
Diane

2012/1/4 18:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Demons "enslaving" Christians? How could that be unless the 'christian' is backslidden?"""

What is a backslidden christian? Not Heb 6, that is a conformation of those in Christ that cannot fall away, for if they could it would be impossible to renew them to repentance, which only God can give, "impossible" which is not for the Body of Christ, His Church. "We are persuaded of better things of you." Those that are in Christ and Christ in us. Can we be unbirthed?

Either we are a Christian or we are not. If I am blaming Demons for my sin, It is because of mans religion. If Christ is birthed in the believer how can darkness live in the Light. We must enter God's rest, and believe, His Faith in us is our rest, If we don't have rest, we are depending on our works of faith to make us right before God and anyone blameing Demons is deceiving himself. Any Demon can never make us sin, we might be tempted but the choice to sin is ours and ours alone. "Carried away by our own lust", If we maintain our knowledge of the Christ that is in us and believe He is the only one who can set us free, the things of earth will grow strangely dim.

Read tuc's letter in "scripture and doctrine" thread on true repentance of Hudson's taylor's letter to His sister, first post on repentance thread.

It is our unbelief that keeps us in tourment, not Demons or Demon posession, which is impossible for a Christ Person, Jesus defeated Him completely for His body the Church of whom He is the Head. Presenting to Himself a chaste and perfect, no spot or wrikle to Himself, His Bride, the Body of Christ, His Church of whom we are One in Him.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/1/4 18:01Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Re: Different view point

Hi Phillip, Unbirthed is not the correct term as Paul talks about a person who is now the enemy of the gospel and he says it with tears. we can be dead to the truth but Gods grace will continue to call us back to be resurrected.

Derek Prince was a lovely old english man who had a particular view of the end but also had a ministry in deliverance.

I support his ministry but first I must say that there is much that I agree with you on. Nothing can take us out of the hand of God however we never loose our free will to rebel until possibley there is a time when we hand over our will. My experience is that Christians can open a door to oppression and possession through deliberate rebellion to Gods known will, be it known or a deliberate ignoring of the conscience. If this is a consistant life style then possession is highly possible. Trust me please on this.

Having tasted of the heavenly gift, I do no believe this is salvation. As you mention the bride of Christ is without spot nor wrinkle could this be a differnt state to salvation. In Rev 12 we see a woman clothed with the sun who later gives birth to a child after her marriage. Then the antichrist having failed, and yes it is the dragon not the antichrist per se, however after the woman goes into the wilderness, the antichrist turns on and kills all those who still hold to the testimony of Christ.

Could it be those that taste of the heavenly gift are of the woman company? I have known men who were definitely saved and spoke in tongues who later fell. One of which ran hard drugs for a time and was armed. My experience says that christians can definitely rebel. I have known of a man that after being totaly backsliden for 10 years,that after being out with the hells angels the night before had the option of doing a robbery to get cash for drugs or as it was Sunday morning going to church to see if the Bride of Christ was starting to form.

Forgive my doctinal difference on this issue however he destinctly heard "My grace is suffient for thee" after twice telling the Lord he was only there to take the temprature of the church - sanctification, he then said "yes I know your grace is sufficient for me". At that point those words entered his heart with the belief that God would take that rotten scoundrel just the way he was to rework him like the potter with the clay.

I know this is a true story because that rotten scoundrel was me. That was thirty odd years ago.

Your point about blaming demons is a really good one as we want to blame others until we become culpable or honest about ourselves. This does not preclude opening our lives through dissobedience to demonic torment. I stress this as there is a version of Christianity that refuses that the devil exists, that hell exists etc.

I do understand the view point that you support however Presilla and Aquilla came to a man that was known to be mighty in the scripture - Apolus. They shared the word with him and brought a greater depth to his understanding.

From my experience in God I hope I have brought some additional understanding. By the way you have something special in understanding of Gods rest may I encourage you to continue to study it as there is great revelation there.

Kindest regards Oskar

2012/1/4 21:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy