SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is an unbeliever able to pray to God? (Apart from repenting...)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
gazzer

Re:

sisters im not try to push my beliefs , im just asking questions ,to provoke thought

im under the im pression ,,that faith is like a musturd seed ,,it grows in to saving faith ,by the washing of the water of the word ,,,

that no man cane come to christ unless the father by his spirit draws them

and when a person is drawn near to christ his faith grows to a point wher he will pray and talk to god ,, tho at this time i dont believe he realy believes in is heart that god will answer all his prayers , he has a type if wishfull hoping that god will hear ,,,,but is he is one of the elect from the foundation of the world ,god will hear him

he who comes to god must believe he is
and that he is a rewarded of those who seek him

i man comes to a point where the spirit finaly indwels the believer , this is regeneration ,and from there he finaly truly seeks god

belfore that a dont believe a men seeks ,god ,,

but more so acknowlages that god and christ are real

i think man needs arevalation form god of who he is ,and then through knowlage of god and his son,,,he seeks god through unknowably or knowable through the baptisim of the holy spirit

2011/6/22 16:11Profile

Re:

Yes! I prayed to God many times before repentance was involved.

2011/6/22 16:15
gazzer

Re:

true prayer is comunion with god in a type of relation ship

brother do you realy believe you had true communion in the presesnce of god

iv even herd of athiasts say they have prayed to god

but that was not true prayer

they were talking to the air in the presesnce of the prince of the power of the air ,which the bible say is the spirit that now worketh in thw sons of disobedance

2011/6/23 3:23Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by gazzer:
true prayer is comunion with god in a type of relation ship

brother do you realy believe you had true communion in the presesnce of god

Brother (or Sister?),

The original question in this thread is **Is an unbeliever able to have their prayers received by God (apart from a prayer of repentance)** and I'm thinking it has nothing to do with what you deem 'true prayer.'

I have to ask you rather bluntly (if you don't mind), 'How can you have the chutspah to tell anyone they can't talk to God before repentance?' Brother or sister, I have not meant to offend you in my response but we all need to be careful what we tell God what He can and cannot do and also be careful offending a little one in the Lord (Matt 18.6).

God bless you brother or sister,
Lisa

2011/6/23 7:04Profile

Re:

Thank you, Lisa.

The original poster did not ask about "communion" with God.

Yes, the original question is "Is an unbeliever able to pray to God...?"

If God is able to speak to an unbeliever then an unbeliever is able to speak back to Him. And an unbeliever does not always repent the first time he hears God. For that matter, a Believer does not always repent the first time He is commanded by God to repent. Or the second or the third time. Look how Israel was stiffnecked...like many "believers", today.

2011/6/23 9:42
gazzer

Re:

maby we are defining prayer as two differt things

i dont believe you can pray apart from the presence of god

and that is what the unbelievr lacks or the athaist lacks

repentance is defined as a turning toward god

how can one one prayer apart from turning toward god

its not about chuppsta ,,,,what does the bible say

2011/6/23 15:56Profile
gazzer

Re:

it was a great question from our brother ,,,but a question like that has implications and is not just a simple yes or know

how can some one pray to god ,whom he does not believe in

that initself ,, pull said you must firts believe that he is
and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him

that involvs some sort of belief ,and some repentance

bless you brothers and sisters

2011/6/23 16:01Profile

Re:

Your box for God is too small.

The renown, Sadhu Sundar Singh prayed to God, whoever he was, and said that he would place himself in front of an oncoming train the next day if God did not reveal himself to him. Jesus Christ appeared to Sadhu before the next day.

2011/6/23 17:22
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Is an unbeliever able to pray to God? (Apart from repenting...)

Quote:
Is an unbeliever able to have their prayers received by God

Good question...but one that defies an answer - I think - because we are not God and and do not always know how he will do things.

Yet...

I have a relative who declares she is a Christian because God answers her prayers - or so she says. In the meantime, she lives in sin. It may be her prayers are being answered but not from God. Or, maybe God is answering her prayers. Who knows? In any case, I am not to judge, but for this person to believe that all is well with her and God based on answered prayers is a very dangerous place to be in.

Answered prayers do not indicate all is well between you and God.

2011/6/23 17:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: gazzer

Quote:
by gazzer:
it was a great question from our brother ,,,but a question like that has implications and is not just a simple yes or know

how can some one pray to god ,whom he does not believe in

You can’t assume that you know if a person believes and doesn’t believe in God!! I ask you, what does James 2.19b say? – ...EVEN THE DEMONS BELIEVE...

Quote:
by gazzer:
connelius had faith in god and feared god comuned with angles he was saved

Cornelius was NOT saved and yet God heard his prayers.
Acts 10.31 – Cornelius, thy prayer is heard.
Acts 11.14 – (Peter) Who shall tell you words, whereby you and all your house SHALL BE SAVED.

Luke 7.1-10 The centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant. It doesn’t say he was saved, it just said he understood AUTHORITY. Christ answered his heart’s desire and healed his servant.

And Ahab, who was wicked humbled himself and tore his clothes, fasted, and wept softly when he heard of the judgment coming to his house (1 Kings 21.27). God heard his cry and didn’t visit evil in Ahab’s days, only in his son’s days.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/6/23 18:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy