SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Cains rebuke did him no good. He needed the ultimate rebuke, the Cross which had not happened yet. Jesus is the only attonement, no man listens to rebuke unless it's through the Spirit of Christ that is born again in him.

2012/5/7 17:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Rookie wrote:

"""Do you disagree that God will pour out His Spirit on those who do turn at His rebuke?"""

The Spirit has been shed abroad in our hearts before a rebuke can heel a wise man.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Ga 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

What good is a rebuke to a non regenerate man? None

In Christ: Phillip

2012/5/7 17:43Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Phillip wrote:

"Cains rebuke did him no good."

This is true...you will find the answer in the following Scripture...

Pro 1:22 "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge.

Pro 1:23 Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,

Pro 1:25 Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke,

Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes,

Pro 1:27 When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.

Pro 1:28 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.

Pro 1:29 Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD,

Pro 1:30 They would have none of my counsel [And] despised my every rebuke.

Pro 1:31 Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled to the full with their own fancies.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple will slay them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them;

Pro 1:33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil."

The way of Cain is summed up by this Scripture...

Pro 1:30 They would have none of my counsel [And] despised my every rebuke.

God did not pour His Spirit upon Cain because Cain chose not to listen to His counsel. But in the above Scriptures we also see that God gives a promise to those who do listen...

Pro 1:33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil."

The Scriptures do not lie.

2012/5/7 19:30Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who has ears to hear?

2012/5/7 20:38Profile
a-servant

Re:

"God did not pour His Spirit upon Cain because Cain chose not to listen to His counsel"

he did not accept His counsel (because-) (and-) was consumed by jealousy because God accepted his brother's action, and also I suppose he reasoned silently with himself that he was treated unfairly by God. (because he listened only to his own self standard to begin with, which is not the standard God set for him)

You are right brother, the confirmation of all you said is in the word "Surely" in :

"Surely I will pour out my spirit on you".

That puts everything previously said in the correct persepective. Bless you! You really are blessed with understanding and also opened my understanding in the spirit today.

2012/5/7 22:11Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Proverbs 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

John Wesley's Notes on the Bible
Proverbs 1:23
Verse 23. My words - By my spirit I will cause you to understand my word.

2012/5/8 0:04Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Phillip quoted:

"Proverbs 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Verse 23. My words - By my spirit I will cause you to understand my word."

The first quote is Scripture, the second is a man's interpretation of the Scriptures.

According to Wesley's notes, is there a difference between hearing the Word of God opposed to understanding "my words"? Do you see that there is a distinct difference?

2012/5/8 13:19Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"Proverbs 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Verse 23. My words - By my spirit I will cause you to understand my word."

Rookie wrote: """The first quote is Scripture, the second is a man's interpretation of the Scriptures.

According to Wesley's notes, is there a difference between hearing the Word of God opposed to understanding "my words"? Do you see that there is a distinct difference?"""

I fear greatly that John Wesley was guided by the Spirit of God and he understood by the Word made known to him.

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Know Him?

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

"""According to Wesley's notes, is there a difference between hearing the Word of God opposed to understanding "my words"? Do you see that there is a distinct difference?"""

There is only one way to understand the Word of God, that is by His Spirit that dwells in us.

The Spirit of Christ revealed in us, to those that have been give ears to hear and eyes to see.

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. ---with or without reproof---

The only way to truth;

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7-14 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All this is of the Father, through the Son, by the Holy
Spirit of truth. None depends upon man, but all depends upon God.

John 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Christ and Christ alone is our redemption:

John 16:25-27 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 17:2-3 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

This Cain did not have. Did Able? How, when and where?

God is the one that Judged Cain, Cain is the one that deserved Judgement.

John 17:9-10 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Cain was not given to Christ.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:23-26 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Is this the work of man even of reproof and rebuke? No a thousand times no. It is all of God who loved me and gave Himself for me and the Father has given me to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.

2012/5/8 22:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Phillip wrote:

"Is this the work of man even of reproof and rebuke? No a thousand times no. It is all of God who loved me and gave Himself for me and the Father has given me to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior."

I asked you about the difference between hearing and understanding. The following Scripture will help you with this question.

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do [His commandments]. His praise endures forever.

Now Cain heard God through the Holy Spirit. According to the Scripture above, did he obtain "A good understanding"?

2012/5/9 7:12Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Phillip,

This past weekend I asked my son to replace an electric fan for the radiator of our jeep. We had never worked on a car together. I carefully explained what he had to do to complete this task successfully. Step by step I assisted him with this task. Along the way I also told him about tools and how to use them. I told him to make a mental note of how he disassembled the old unit so he would know how to put things back together. With patience, he successfully finished the repair.

During this work, I made a specific point of cautioning him to be careful that he must not drop parts like screws or nuts, while he worked to finish the task. I explained to him that evertime I have dropped something into the engine compartment I have many times suffered setbacks and frustrations in retrieving the dropped item. And of course my son replied, "Don't worry I am being careful." Well he dropped a retaining clip into the radiator area. Everything he and installed had to come back out in order to retrieve that clip.

Afterwards, he thanked me and said that he enjoyed working on the jeep. He also said, "Now I understand why you cautioned me about dropping things into the engine compartment."

My point is that my son heard what I said, but until he "experienced" the setback of dropping a part, he did not understand the significance of the instruction. Only after working through the process did he gain an understanding.

Likewise, our Lord will do the same for us, if we choose to do what He asks of us.

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do [His commandments]. His praise endures forever.

Do you see how Cain did not gain "A good understanding" because he chose not to do what the Lord commanded of him?

2012/5/10 20:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy