SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many SermonIndex-ers are in a church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re: How many SermonIndex-ers are in a church?

Still in the church I was saved in almost 6 years ago. My wife and I sit on the elder board as well.

We're a very young church (7 years I think), and we're based on a university campus, with no building. We meet most often in our Pastor's house for studies, but Sunday services are on the campus in a theatre.

It's a real struggle sometimes to submit here. I'm much more a traditional Christian and into old-school revivals, while the bulk of the church is more backgrounded in Charimatic circles. We're independent, and I'm still torn whether that's a good thing or a bad thing (for the reason's Brother Greg pointed out in his post). I keep telling myself I'm part of the body to help keep them balanced. In the end, it gives me a great outlet to teach, minister, and pray with those who need it.

2011/3/28 11:36Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

I'm a member of a Baptist church.

I serve there as often as I can.

-Mike W.

2011/3/28 12:41Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

After heart breaking experiences with dead churches, prayed earnestly what to do now, God lead to a Mennonite church with harmless people, yet in need of reviving still.

2011/3/28 13:24Profile

Re:

We are far too spiritual to submit to others in an organized fellowship.
Every time we have gone to a building that houses a church group
we find ourselves disappointed in the lack of spirituality that we alone possess.Therefore we will keep looking (and never finding) a group of believers that have arrived as we have.

2011/3/28 16:39

Re:

Notdark[enough]yet, it's a rare event that someone will feel free enough to say something hilarious here.

Thanks.
I needed to laugh a little bit today.

I'm a member of an organized Church that the OOC folks think is not the Church... don't feel bad.
Can't please everyone!

2011/3/28 16:54

Re:

"Giggles", I thought I should specify which "organized" church that I've been a happy member of.

Most already know, but in view of the thread I started today, I believe this may get you "giggling" Giggles.

A Reformed theology PCA.

As mouths drop open, let me explain. I have the best Pastor & his wife and elders, deacons and leaders of each Dept that I have ever had, besides the 50 Missionary families we support and the Nursing next door that the Church built and community outreach there.

I told Pastor [who I lovingly call "Admiral"] that I don't go for Calvin or infant Baptism and that I'm post-trib and penetcostal ta boot, yet they still love me and continue to send me his sermons from each Sunday on CDs.
I've never debated with a soul there and could give anyone his phone number if they need to know if I have a "rebellious spirit" or not. :)

I love them, more than life itself, and they know it.

Maybe R.K.'s words got through to someone regardless of the circumstances, "Can't we all just get along?"

Blessings and 'giggles' to y'all as well.
Praise GOD!

2011/3/28 17:46
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
We are far too spiritual to submit to others in an organized fellowship.Every time we have gone to a building that houses a church group.we find ourselves disappointed in the lack of spirituality that we alone possess.Therefore we will keep looking (and never finding) a group of believers that have arrived as we have.

In many cases it is not a matter of lack of submission that people leave the churches. At least in my case it was not. But true followers of Christ are persecuted in the church today. It is not physical persecution as in other parts of the world, but it is persecution nonetheless.

Their very existence is a threat to the false whether they say anything or not.

Their wandering as pilgrims to find a home is not due to spiritual pride but holy discontentment that the Lord Himself places in their heart.

2011/3/28 18:31Profile
Theophila

Re: How many SermonIndex-ers are in a church?

Hi All,
DH and i are part of an American Baptist church. I love them to bits but atimes, they just grieve my poor soul to bits too!
The pastors love the Lord but sometimes.....sigh!

So unless the Lord directs us elsewhere, we'll be there for the foreseeable future.

2011/3/28 19:43Profile
davidc

France

Re:

My Lord Jesus saved me and gave me His precious Spirit two years ago when I was cycling in this beautiful French countryside. My wife has a religious background (high anglican), but has not yet found the Lord for herself. She is diabetic and semi invalid.

As far as I know there are no christians within 100 miles of here. There are lots of catholic churches and lots of atheists, a real mission field. So I just wait on the Lord day by day and He feeds me and speaks such wonderful things to me, that it’s quite like heaven. And SI and other sites are a real blessing and encouragement.

David

2011/3/28 19:58Profile
rjennings

USA

Re:

Thanks so much for posting the question. I have wondered the church affiliation of SI subscribers myself. I hear such great sermons on this site and have been encouraged by it and many of you for years. Although things in my church aren't stellar, I've decided to trust God to bring revival where I'm at and use me in any way possible to serve as a catalyst. While I still get frustrated at times, it has been amazing to what God is doing. I could give details but would get writer's cramp. I truly believe at times that we are on the threshold of genuine revival in a traditional church environment. I have several friends who have already given up on church as usual and have encouraged me to start a house church with the attitude that doing anything else is sinful. I've got no issue with those who choose that path, just don't make it mandatory for the rest of us.

2011/3/28 21:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy