SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by ginnyrose...I have never heard of violent hailstorms or huge chunks of ice falling from the sky since 1973... Nor have I heard of SA becoming a power keg exploding... Neither have I heard that 1/3 of the USA being designated a disaster area with a few years from 1973... Approved informed us this book, "The Vision", was written in 1973, 38 years ago. Over three decades have passed since then....

Amen! ginny...With all due respect, to all the Prophets, Authors, Pastors, Visionaries of today, there is really nothing you have told us that the word of God hasn't, for that to happen you would have to know more than God.
David Wilkerson preached this in the Solomon Church in December of 1994, "Right now I sense in my spirit that in less than 5 years there will be no more so-called gospel television networks. They will all fall into bankruptcy and absolute ruin."(Solomon Church Dec. 12, 1994)

My guess is as these tragedies like Japan/9-11 etc. become more of a day to day occurrence, which it's beginning to look that way now, we all will really need to pray that our cups will runneth over with discernment, or we might be literally scared to death, then none of the Prophesies will matter.

2011/3/12 10:46Profile

Re:

The writers of the NT often used the words "soon" regarding the events that they saw were going to come upon the earth in the last days.

As savannah believes that all the events of the "last days" have already taken place, due to those words in our NT, such as "soon" and that 'he' believes that Nero was the antiChrist --- I find it a bit uncanny that he would tell David Wilkerson to "get behind me Satan".

I would just say - give it some time.

If Paul, Peter and John could think that those things that are coming would happen "soon" in their time - I give David some breaks as well with his timing --- and don't you think that we should as well? Who is David, compared to the Apostles with their "timing"?

Sigh.

2011/3/12 13:06

Re:

Quote:
O God, we humble ourselves under your holy majesty and repent. In a moment—in the twinkling of an eye—we too could be swept away. We are not more deserving of firm ground than our fellowmen in Japan. We too are flesh. We have bodies and homes and cars and family and precious places. We know that if we were treated according to our sins, who could stand? All of it would be gone in a moment. So in this dark hour we turn against our sins, not against you.

And we cry for mercy for Japan. Mercy, Father. Not for what they or we deserve. But mercy....

In Jesus’ merciful name,...

Amen. Thank you, mama27, for sharing this.

Quote:
If Paul, Peter and John could think that those things that are coming would happen "soon" in their time - I give David some breaks as well with his timing --- and don't you think that we should as well? Who is David, compared to the Apostles with their "timing"?

I agree...

2011/3/12 13:36
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Jesus-is-GOD......The writers of the NT often used the words "soon" regarding the events that they saw were going to come upon the earth in the last days.

It appears that we are discussing prophets in only a theological sense. In the secular sense, I agree that there are modern day visionaries who by acutely watching trends of culture, nature and economics can "prophesize" what events are most likely to occur in the future. But for theological prophets, I cannot believe there to be any until the very end of days, which I believe to be further into the future then we can even imagine.

2011/3/12 14:55Profile

Re: take a look at this

AtG and JiG I think you'll like this link regarding earthquakes. The fellow demonstrating this computer graphic imaging of the last 7 days of earthquakes activity and intensity is not a Christian, but he is telling people to store up food and water for 30 days just in case. In another thread David Wilkerson had said that that was something that he was telling his fellow Americans to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hG87v9-ROfw&gl=CA

2011/3/12 15:05
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Hebrews 1:1-3
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, (I take this to mean that since we have the Words of God Himself through His mortal Son, there is simply no need for further prophecy. What has been needed to be taught has been taught by Jesus, the Son of Man as well as the Son of God. There is simply no other need for future prophets.)

2011/3/12 15:14Profile

Chernobyl and Japan and the Revelation judgment.

Hi Brothertom,
"WORMWOOD IS TRANSLATED......CHERNOBYL"

"Please could you explain this a fraction more? Do you mean that 'Chernobyl' literally means 'wormwood' when brought into English?"
Alive to God.

Here is an article that does this justice, I think. Chernobyl is a Russian word that also means wormwood.

JAMES C. MORRIS WRITES:

"Only one of the many apocalyptic events described in Revelation was assigned a proper noun as a name (an obscure name at that).

The facts indicate that Chernobyl is an accurate translation for the term Wormwood, as used in the third trumpet prophecy of Revelation, regardless of whether one translates from original manuscripts or English language texts. Counter-arguments claiming Chernobyl isn't a good translation fail when subjected to scrutiny.

One question needing to be answered though is: What are the odds that an obscure name used in the Bible just happens to match the name of the city where one of the worst man-made disasters in history occurred? The odds of a mere coincidence would seem to be, mathematically speaking, extremely remote.

A more substantive counter-argument is that the Chernobyl disaster doesn't fit the description given of the third trumpet prophecy. That argument loses merit though when one examines the passage critically. Although often interpreted as a literal star, asteroid or comet falling to earth, it's worth considering that the later fifth trumpet "star" is an obvious figurative star, thereby lending further credence to Chernobyl as the third trumpet prophecy.

15) As with English, both the Greek and Aramaic words for star have multiple meanings.
16) The Greek word ἀστήρ means not only star and famous, but also strewn over the sky - fitting terminology for the Chernobyl explosion and radioactive fallout which heavily contaminated thousands of square miles of land in the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia, much of which will be uninhabitable for thousands of years.
17) An ever-increasing body of evidence suggests that the New Testament may have been originally written in Aramaic (i.e., the language Mel Gibson used in "Passion of the Christ") rather than Greek. The Aramaic word for star, kwkb, can be both noun and verb - for example, to be made a star, an interesting association since that definition applies literally to what happened at Chernobyl.

Wormwood is one of the important clues in Revelation. It stands uniquely alone among the events of Revelation in that it was given a name. Though perhaps not a unique name, the unarguable fact is that the name Wormwood is one which is rarely used. Adding further unique identification is the fact that it is a proper noun rather than a common noun.

Ultimately, one needs to form one's own conclusion as to whether Chernobyl fits the prophecy of Revelation. For me, the book of Revelation took on new meaning when viewed from a 20th/21st century perspective. "
Christianforums.com

2011/3/13 9:36

Re: fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

I happed across this page, where if you're on Facebook, you can leave a prayer for Japan.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/japan/earthquake-2011.html

2011/3/13 16:19

Re: Chernobyl and Japan and the Revelation judgment.

Hi Brothertom,

Thanks for the further information, which has become even more topical this very day.

It is easy to find online that the plant whose colloquial name translates to Wormwood, does actually grow at Chernobyl.

I was interested in the connection to the word 'star', and found out there is a blue glow from radioactive material which was researched by a scientist called Pavel Alekseyevich Cherenkov, (or Cerenkov), for which he won the Nobel Prize.

2011/3/14 21:05

Re: fifth largest quake of all time rocks Japan

Since Tokyo tap-water is now contaminated with radiation, the link between wormwood and water seems more obvious.

Revelation 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Other 'wormwood' verses (KJV)

Deuteronomy 29:18 Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the LORD our God, to go [and] serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;

{gall: or, a poisonous herb}

Proverbs 5:4 But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword.

Jeremiah 9:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will feed them, [even] this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.

Jeremiah 23:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.

{profaneness: or, hypocrisy}

Lamentations 3:15 He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.

{bitterness: Heb. bitternesses}

Lamentations 3:19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. {Remembering: or, Remember}

Amos 5:7 Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,

Please note the first line of the third last verse of the hymn, 'All hail the power of Jesu's Name'. (The reference to 'Gentile' fits with the previous, proper acclamation of the Messiah born of David's line, in vv 4, 5 and 6.)

'Ye Gentile sinners ne’er forget the wormwood and the gall,
Go spread your trophies at His feet, and crown Him Lord of all.'

Matthew 27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted [thereof], he would not drink.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Exodus 15: 23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they [were] bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.

{Marah: that is Bitterness}

24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?

25 And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, [which] when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet:

Amen.

2011/3/23 11:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy