SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for my witness today

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Please pray for my witness today

Dear Saints, if you could, please pray for my witness today to my mother who is 73 years old. She has always had a closed mind to the true gospel of Jesus Christ and trusts in her own works. She usually cuts me off when the subject turns to "religious things" and there has always been this unspoken understanding that our extended family courteously avoids religious or political discussion.

She is returning to her home state today after spending a week with me and I take her to the airport in a couple of hours.

How difficult it can be to witness to our own families as it seems there is so much more at risk. Yet, what would it gain for me to keep this earthly relationship in peace to lose her soul to hell? Why do I hesitate when eternity is all that matters?

How I need the prayers of the saints today, if the LORD would put me on your heart. May He give me courage to speak the truth in love to her. Thank you so much for your prayers, dear friends. God bless.

Lorijean

2010/6/12 7:05Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Please pray for my witness today

Father I pray you would give Lorijean just the words to speak to her mother. That you would fill her heart full of love and compassion. I thank you that it will be the Holy Spirit flowing through her and not her own words. Soften her mother's heart to the message of gospel. Your word says nobody comes unless You draw them, so I pray you would draw her heart to yourself. In Jesus name ame.

2010/6/12 7:53Profile
Nellie

Re:

Father,
Please help lorijean plant the seed of true salvation to her Mother.
Convict her by Your Holy Spirit, and save her soul, in Jesus Name.

2010/6/12 10:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Please pray for my witness today

Praying...

Lorijean, I know the agony in your spirit as you deal with this situation...We, too, have close relatives who have apostatized, who are closed minded to TRUTH, have given in to relativism and are vehement in their criticisms of church people. Some may be justified but usually their arguments are used to justify their sins.

You know what, Lori? God is not dependant upon our witness to get our relatives redeemed. He may use us but more likely he will use others' and [to us] unknown circumstances. He loves them more then we ever will or did. Just rest in him and if he opens the door to share you do so, but do not fret but continue to pray when you feel so led.

God bless you, my dear...

ginnyrose

2010/6/12 10:57Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

yes

2010/6/12 11:10Profile
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re:

Thank you so much for your prayers everyone. What a wonderful Savior to give us encouragement just when we need it! "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God..."

Ginnyrose, your comments were especially encouraging. The brief time I had with my mother today was very different. I believe she is under tremendous conviction, but she kept talking quickly as if she was afraid our conversation would get too deep for her. I shared what I could but felt bad about it until I read your post. Thank you so much and we'll just keep praying that the LORD keeps sending His witness to her everywhere until she repents and trusts Him for salvation.

God bless and have a great day in the LORD Jesus!

Lorijean

2010/6/12 12:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy