SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Mutual Assured Destruction"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Are we saved from His wrath, or are we not?

Krispy: Used to be a J.R. Church, Hal Lindsey, "Left Behind" type guy all the way myself. But there were some scriptural things that just never quite fit right in my mind. Then I read a perspective that could best be described as a "pre-wrath" resurrection with no "special" rapture taking place before the resurrection. I do believe in two resurrections. One of the just and one of the unjust. I have put some time into thinking and studying the issue, but have not touched it for the last few years and so would have to dig quite a bit to give a good opinion. I will have to get with a friend and let you know the name of the book. It was very well based and the conclusions were very exegetical in nature.

2010/6/4 23:21Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

My wife used to show the old "tribulation" movies to the kids in her kid's church classes. Does anyone remember the UNITE vans driving around? I think "A Distant Thunder" might have been one of the movie titles. They were basically the Left Behind movies of the early 80's. She said later that she never even thought that it might give children nightmares since the acting seem to her pretty hokey. :-) haha

There are definitely scriptures that could possibly be interpreted as the result of nuclear war. As to total destruction of the earth this way, I don't think it squares with scripture. As to Syria and some of the other Arab nations being destroyed this way? Recall the burden of Damascus. It is one of the oldest continuously occupied cities in the world yet there is a time coming when noone will live there. It will be a sterile place never to be inhabited again. The result of a nuclear explosion??? Who knows?

2010/6/4 23:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy