SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : US Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re: US Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

benjoseph asked

Quote:
It sounds like you think Paul was completely pacifist in his beliefs based on his response to persecution. Do you think his response to persecution would be totally incompatible with non-pacifist beliefs?

I can't answer for Paul, but from being the hunter, he became the hunted, and that didn't cause him to take up arms. Don't you think his example was one of following that of Jesus Christ's life and ministry?

The New Testament clearly reports Jesus healing multitudes of individuals unconditionally, regardless of what had led to their deformity or sickness. And, after it was clear the religious authorities were out to get Him, he continued, knowing that 'His time had not yet come'. Never once did He try to arrange a pre-emptive strike against those religionists. Neither did Paul.

And Tyndale, in his prefaces to translations of scripture, also indicates that if men in civic authority go beyond the remit God has given them, and do not keep His law themselves, or, if they do not administer the laws of their (nation or city) state faithfully, even if Christians [u]die[/u] as a result, we are to take this patiently, knowing that the vengeance of God will eventually catch up with them. There are, also, 1 Thes 2:15, 1 Thes 3:4, 2 Thes 1:4 and 2 Thes 1:6, 2 Cor 1:9.

Christians are always going to be in the minority, because Jesus said so: Matt 7:14.

However, there is an irony, I later realised, in my comment to Natan4Jesus above. I said:
Quote:
Or, you just don't want to think about whether Jesus would like His name on weapons of destruction?

Because God Himself rained down fire more than once in history. However, I also think that is exactly the point. Only God knows when is the right time to do that, and for men to claim to be killing in His name, is something Paul predicted would happen, and he himself, who had also done that, stopped, after he became a Christian.

2010/1/28 16:19

Re: US Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Chris, thank you for your detailed reply. I was much clearer after it, about what you actually think personally.

I (personally), would make a distinction between someone in my house threatening me or my family (whom I would not intend to kill in the first instance) and someone in another country. I've just come across 1 Tim 4:10 (as if I've never seen it before), which plays a large part in my thinking.

Eli Brayley has written a thought-provoking article about the very matter of brethren not agreeing to disagree, if we intend to find true unity in the Spirit. I hope you can find time to read it, and that it will provoke us all into closer fellowship with one another.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32415&forum=34&6]Thoughts on Christian Unity in The Theological Realm[/url]

2010/1/28 16:37
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

The interesting thing about that teaching on the other thread that you mentioned here is that we are not actually walking together daily. We are coming to a forum and sharing thoughts and what we understand about what the Bibles says on these things but we are not actually walking together daily, caring for one another as we would be in a local assembly of believers. So for me I am not really sure how that teaching applies yet. I have been praying about it as well as this thread also.

I don't personally like the term "agree to disagree" but I do see the point Chris is making about not wanting to get caught up in some of these topics. I am just not sure I see the purpose in all these discussions that never seem to have any real benefit?
God Bless
maryjane

2010/1/28 17:25Profile

removed by poster

removed by poster after prayer

2010/1/28 18:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy