SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Leaving my Church.... going somewhere else...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Leaving my Church.... going somewhere else...

Please keep me in prayer. Today the Lord spoke to me at the end of our church service that he needs me somewhere else. I've gone to my present church for five years, and have been greatly blessed there. I don't know where the Lord wants me to go now.

2009/10/11 14:05Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Leaving my Church.... going somewhere else...

By the way, I live in the Charlotte, North Carolina area in case anybody has any suggestions.

2009/10/11 14:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

remember you are "part" of the Church. And you need to align yourself with others brothers and sisters in a local fellowship.

God will show you were to go. Earnestly pray.

2009/10/11 15:23Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen. When I do finally leave, I will probably take only one Sunday off from the church in order to pray and seek direction from the Lord.

2009/10/11 17:06Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Brother KJ,

A similar thing happened to me recently. Last September I began to feel like I would be moving churches. I had been at the same church since I got saved 13 years ago. I had no idea where to go, so I stayed where I was and began praying. For 9 months there was no answer. But on May 17th the Lord VERY clearly told me exactly where to go. It was unmistakable. I’ve been at the new church since then and words would fail to express what a tremendous blessing it has been. I could not have chosen so well for myself. I have not regretted the 9 months of waiting for His choice.

My prayers for you brother.

2009/10/11 17:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen. Thank you for sharing this.

2009/10/11 17:46Profile

Re: Leaving my Church.... going somewhere else...

Brother Jim, Your post has refreshed me. The LORD told me about 5 years ago to leave the Church that I was attending. It was not my will to leave, I wanted to stay, but everything dried up there and I had to leave. I have prayed for many years after that as to where the LORD would have me go and like the other poster, there was nothing and to this day there is still nothing.

I hope you find a place brother. I certainly wouldn't want you to experience what I have experienced in not having the LORD tell you where you ought to go even though you've prayed forever.

But let me tell you just in case you do wait a long time. It's lonely. It "feels" like God doesn't want you to be apart of anything. There is that "feeling" of rejection. Though He speaks to you about other things, but this one thing you can't get an answer. You have people around you telling you not to forsake the assembly and yet you think, "should I go for going sake"?

The leading of the LORD is very important to us. He led me to the Church that I attended for 5 years and oh what glorious times we had. It was there that I learned the doctrines of the Church, justification, sanctification, the power of God and the gifts of the Spirit. It was all so wonderful. Oh the moving of the Holy Spirit, the deep contrition, the intercessory prayer. The street ministries, the Rescue Centre, Oh what togetherness we had, what a family we were.

I hope you find something soon, I'll pray for you brother. God Bless for sharing that. I really thought I was alone.

2009/10/11 22:41
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, even though I am moving on from my church, I do plan on staying in regular contact with a few brothers I have grown very close to. I imagine I will still be invited back to preach from time to time as well, as I have a pretty strong relationship with the rest of the church. And the church is in the process of organization some outreach, and since I have a lot of experience in street ministry, I'll probably show up on some Saturdays and help train them and take them out in the streets until they know enough to do it on their own.

Some brothers at my church though I feel like will be individuals that I will see for the rest of our lives. One or two in particular, who have been almost father figures to me.

2009/10/11 23:13Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, broken one left the church i have been with on and off for 40 years and did very well in her choice of a wonderful church associated with bro clendennon.in baton rouge there are many...at least 10 great churches...this is why i am always puzzled by all the negative input about the church. is it that we are blessed or what? grow where you are planted until Jesus transplants you.be a part of the reason why people want to fellowship with you not a part of the murmurers.love the brothers and sisters around you and pray for those in authority. it is not easy to be spurgeon every sermon.know nothing except Jesus ;and Him crucified...intercede for the other churches in your area and all the pastors...be a part of the family of God always lifting up Jesus and not your church and you will prosper wherever you go... dont pray for your football team[lsu] for it doesnt work.jimp

2009/10/12 2:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
I do plan on staying in regular contact with a few brothers I have grown very close to

OOPS, I forgot to mention that I too keep in contact with several Brothers and Sisters that I have come to love. These are my most cherished friends that a man can have. And when we meet we always have great fellowship. We never seek one another out, (something I had to learn the hard way) and the LORD always have us meet at the time appointed and it always turns out sweet. If I forced His hand, it never turns out good.

So yes brother, I am not completely cut off from the Church, I do fellowship with other believers, and that extends to my online family as well.

And I too have from time to time visit the Church that I left and the last one was at a meeting with David Ravenhill which was an absolutely great message. There was a banquet afterwards that I didn't know about, so I was doubly blessed. :-)

2009/10/12 9:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy