SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A merica is a Christian Nation!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
belt

A merica is a Christian Nation!

Don't deny us our Christrian Heritage. Although we have religious freedom in the US we are still a Christian Nation. Because we were founded on the principals and moral belifs and foundations of the BIBLE! Thats why every president (including Obama) placred thier hand on the Christian Bible when taking the oath of office....there are more churches in America then any other establishment....because we are still a Christian Nation!

2009/6/7 19:25Profile
repentcanada

Re: A merica is a Christian Nation!

For what is worth, CANADA is based on much the same beliefs...

2009/6/7 19:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: A merica is a Christian Nation!

Brother; let us cherish our heritage and the godly
principles that from the foundation of this nation;
and let us be true to the convictions and ideals
our forefathers knew and believed!! ;-)

2009/6/7 19:47Profile

Re:

There is a difference being founded on christian beliefs and morals verses being a Christian nation. This country might be populated by many who hold the Christian belief or profess to be Christians, but does that make us a Christian nation or a nation of Christians.? I know its just semantics, but it is a thought anyways.

2009/6/7 22:02

Re:

The leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention said that if they held to strict Biblical teaching about salvation... they would have to concede that less then 10% of their members are saved (Christian). If thats true about the SBC, how much more is that true of America in general?

Yes, absolutely we were founded on Biblical principles and morals... and yes, most of the founding fathers were Christians. But sadly today, we are not a nation of Christians.

Krispy

2009/6/8 8:56
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Although the pretender to the Presidency says it is so, neither are we the "largest Muslim Country in the World."

Rev. 3:14-22 . . . .15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

People must choose which master they will serve. You can not serve two masters.

2009/6/8 10:32Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
People must choose which master they will serve. You can not serve two masters.

Good point.

If we are to look at this by percentages...there being only two choices...God or satan...

I would say it is very clear whether America is a Christian nation or not.

2009/6/8 10:51Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

can someone define what you meen by christian nation? because there is no such thing according to my new testament understanding

2009/6/8 11:21Profile

Re:

There's plenty of blame to go around concerning the state of the church in this nation. I think history has shown that our gov't leaders have little to do with the state of the church in terms of how many christians there currently are.

If God is allowing more muslims to come into the country then we must ask why. If the SBC is saying that the number of truly born again christians is dwindling or slight then we must ask ourselves why? The church is responsible for the church.

I've heard Paul Washer and several other preachers talk of revival in remote third world countries. They claim revival and their Holy Spirit filled walk with Christ puts our country to shame. I'll have to take their word for it as I'm not a missionary. Our state of faith and holiness when our country was founded has little to do with how the church is today. People can fall away, and on a larger scale I think a country can too. In America these days many believe that 'blessed' is having more of whatever it is we want or need. Blessed is synonymous with abundance. Some may have come to Christ just because a prosperity teacher says they will have more. Of course this isn't a true conversion. Two masters is correct, I think many serve abundance. This obstacle isn't in the way of the third world brothers and sisters. They don't have charlatan evangelists on tv who are no better than your average american CEO in running 'their business'.

People complain of low numbers of born again christians in this nation but rarely do we point the finger at ourselves first. This problem is ours alone, the unsaved secular leadership will not be useful here.

2009/6/8 11:34

Re:

What I don't understand how can we claim to be a christian nation, when we keep Christ out of everything we say or do? Were not most of the forefathers deist? You can't say you believe in God with out naming the name of Jesus Christ! Where is that in history of our forefathers? You can't have one with out the other. Christ is God and anything less than that...is a lie.

2009/6/8 12:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy