SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : REAL FREEDOM IN CHRIST!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TrueWitness

Re:

TJ, you can read more of this testimony by going here:

http://www.peterwade.com/articles/other/htchrall.shtml

Thy lovingkindness is better than life!

2009/2/15 10:01Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Hi bible4life,

Think on these things. First of all, who do you think is trying to convince you you are going to hell? Jesus prayed to the Father that He would protect you from the evil one and then paid the ultimate price to make it possible for you to know Him. Wouldn't you agree that God would not then turn and try to convince you that you are disqualified? He is not willing that any should perish you know.

Your enemy the deveil is out to destroy and discourage you. Whenever that happens, you have to recognize that and choose to focus rather on the truth proclaimed in the Bible.

In the spirit of this thread, I'll leave you with my favorite Hudson Taylor quote. 'God does not give us overcoming lives. He gives life to those who overcome.'

2009/2/15 14:56Profile

Look at Christ

The great truth was getting a grip of me that holiness, perfect love, sanctification, and every other blessing, were mine in Christ from the moment I had believed, and mine forevermore, because all of pure grace. I had been looking at the wrong man - all was in another Man, and in that Man for me! But it took weeks to see this.

2009/2/16 8:23

Re: REAL FREEDOM IN CHRIST!

Wow, I remember a couple of years ago I read this testimony by Hudson Taylor and how he finally came to rest in Christ but I forgot the details. It's amazing what we forget. I admire people like this who aren't scared to speak of their struggles and revelations. Many want to give revelation and hide the struggle. To me, much of it goes hand in hand. We can make decisions to protect ourselves from possible pitfalls but we can't escape the world. Sometimes, when I see a suggestive bilboard on the road I just want to hole myself up in cave like a medieval monk. But as much as I hate it, the reality is that the world is here and the 'cave thing' is just a dream born of the flesh to solve a problem only Christ can take care of.

But concerning the Brehtren in Christ... it's not just our common love for Jesus that encourages us but knowing that we're not alone in our struggles that challenge us to let Christ be our strength. I believe it was Peter who said our stuggles (temptations) are common among us. I believe this was meant as encouragement for us, we're not alone.... but together in this.

I respect men like Hudson who aren't too within themselves to share what everyone else wants to hide. Like David in his Psalms, Hudson is being 'real' with his testimony. No sugar, spice, and everything perfect.

2009/2/16 11:25
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

This must be the BEST testimony I have ever read regarding living in grace!!

How foolish we are! As Paul said to the Galatians 'having begun in the Spirit are ye now made perfect by the flesh?' Which of us has not at some point in our life fallen away from God's mercy and into legalism. And how much easier it is upon our pride to do so!

Thank God for Hudson Taylor and thank you so much 'freecd'!

2009/2/16 12:59Profile
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

Dear 'bible4life' don't despair...there is GOOD NEWS! VERY GOOD NEWS!

There really is freedom in Christ! And we can all, including you, have it....we just have to CHOOSE it. God has given us freedom to choose; therefore we are all responsible for the state we're in. We are in the state we're in (good or bad) because of our CHOICES.

We may be in a prison but God has given us a key so, if we choose to, we can walk free. If we're not free then IT'S OUR OWN FAULT! Not God's, not Satan's, not any other person's.....just ours.

That is good news indeed. Because we're not helpless, at someone else's mercy, we can do something about it. We can use the key and just walk out. Easy.

So, don't blame the Holy Spirit for leaving you, the devil for lying to you and messing with you, God for not coming when you're waiting or for refusing to help you....admit it's your own fault (and we're all in this with you, all guilty too) and make the right choices.
Beleive God; all His words are true.
Don't beleive Satan; all his words are lies.
Read that testimony all the way through and get to the good bit. Your life will change!

God bless you, Gwen

2009/2/16 13:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy