SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kaffe

Hello

My real name is Phoebe. I am isolated from other Bible-believing Christians right now due to rather difficult circumstances that I will not burden you with. But the past couple of years has been full of instability, trouble and grief for me that I began to backslide in my faith walk very gradually, culminating in the last 3 months. The Lord had in the past delivered me from nicotine addiction, but to my horror, the dreadful urge to smoke has returned and I am sorry to confess that I had succumbed... I have cried out to the Lord for forgiveness and deliverance, but to tell the truth, it has become so very very hard to fight it. I KNOW I need prayers. I am hoping and prayng that some kind compassionate Christian would pray for me - for the Lord to deliver me yet again from this monster nicotine. Will you pray? If not, God bless you anway.

2009/2/3 2:26Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Hello

Hello Sister and welcome to the website.

Know that you are not alone in this, that God is with you, even if you don't FEEL like He is there, He is, He said so.

He said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'

God is faithful to His word.

I do hope you find a group of believers to worship with, and I will pray for your deliverance from nicotine.

God bless.

Sister Enid

2009/2/3 4:35Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Welcome Phoebe!

Quote:
The Lord had in the past delivered me from nicotine addiction, but to my horror, the dreadful urge to smoke has returned and I am sorry to confess that I had succumbed...

I understand a little of what you're experiencing! Here's a quick overview: The Lord miraclously delivered me from smoking and it worked! But five months later I was so hurt at what someone said and did to me that in my anger I picked up a pack of cigs and started smoking again. I smoked for another five months and finally repented for my anger in that situation and asked (begged is more like it!), asking God to help me and I asked for restoration that what He originally told me.

I still claimed it because He is truth and if He is the same yesterday, today and forever, that original word HAD to be still good! Praise God it was! When I tell people about quitting, I must tell them about God because I didn't do it by myself that if for sure. I know that I would still be smoking if not for His wonderful mercy and grace.

I found that He is not like man who would say, "Hey, I helped you once and you want my help again? Fat chance." No way, I learned that He is not like men/women at all!

I encourage you to seek Him, repent, what ever you have to do but stand on His word and believe that He wants you free! WE (the sermonindex community) will be praying as well!

God bless you Phoebe!

2009/2/3 7:31Profile
Koheleth

NC

Hello in return and thanks for asking. I will pray for you. The Lord delivered me from a different kind of nicotine addiction. All things are possible to him who believes, Jesus said.

2009/2/3 11:22Profile
Kaffe

Re:

Thank you Koholeth. I do need your prayers.

2009/2/3 12:13Profile
Kaffe

Re:

Lysa,

Thank you for what you have shared - it is encouraging me GREATLY... and yes, that part where you said anger precipitated the urge to smike again --- the same thing happened to m, although it was more than anger; it was a while heap of emotion including anxiety. PLease continue to pray for me for right now, my faith is not all that strong...

Blessings,

Phoebe

2009/2/3 12:17Profile
Kaffe

Re:

Thank you Enid. I cannot express how much it means to me to be reminded of God's promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me. Enid, please continue to pray for me. The Lord bless you,
Phoebe

2009/2/3 12:19Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re: Kaffe: Freedom for me and for you :-)

[u][b]Filled and brought low [/b][/u]

I see this mountain before me
This sin, this addiction
The one that so easily besets me
O' where will my help come from
These giants so big
And I like grasshoppers be
Who will take me into the Promised Land?
Who will give me victory?
Who will help me overcome?
From the depths I cry out
No help seems near
Neither from the east nor the west
From the north or the south
In desperation nowhere to turn around
In the valley darkness surrounds
And I turn my head upwards
And I think I sense a gentle breeze
As if all of heaven sigh – “at last”
At last heaven rejoices