SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : A Testimony of a SermonIndex Server Change!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A Testimony of a SermonIndex Server Change!

Saints,

I wanted to share with you briefly a testimony. I was aware of a need to move from the gospel.com server about 2-3 months ago and made immediate provision to host the site with logicweb.com with a sort of partnership for free hosting. I felt this was a adequate solution but it was very hard to get the site to work on this server and I ended up almost giving up on this solution looking for work arounds.

When the 2 week deadline came around I decided in prayer and bible study that God was going to provide the solution "He desired" and I was to rest in this provision.

When the 5 day deadline came I was started to get worried that perhaps something would not work out and SermonIndex would go offline for a time while something could be worked out.

When the 4 day deadline came I read in my morning devotional the book of job. And told God that whether he kept SI going or not I would still praise Him. [i](a few times God has told me that if ministry took over my personal relationship with Him, He would take away the ministry because of His jealousness over His body!)[/i]

When the 3 day deadline came I had abit of anxiousness but overall a peace that God would work this out for His glory. One of my dear friends told me it wasn't impossible enough yet so God could get the glory just like Gideon, etc. That night as I was talking with my sister, a solution and idea came into my mind. I tryed it and it worked! To God be the praise.

Over 5 php coders could not figure out a solution with over 3 servers tried but God in a "moment" allowed everything to work out according to His will. I love how within God's sovereignty God was teaching me very important spiritual lessons with my freewill and desires.

Oh what a blessed Lord we serve! May SermonIndex stay as a testimony of God's grace and keeping for His Name Sake.

2008/12/12 7:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: A Testimony of a SermonIndex Server Change!

I also wanted to leave a note that www.voxbiblia.se also www.voxbiblia.com where some brothers that were ready to host SermonIndex basically freely in Sweden for me last minute. I just read through their emails and was very touched by the love and devotion of these brothers desiring to help provide for SI.

Praise God for the body of Christ.

2008/12/12 7:50Profile
HeartSong

Quote:
To God be the praise.

Quote:
Oh what a blessed Lord we serve!

Amen and Amen!

Thank you for the testimony!

2008/12/12 7:51Profile

"When the 3 day deadline came I had abit of anxiousness but overall a peace that God would work this out for His glory"

HI Greg, why does the above statement not surprise me :) We are too organized these days. It has produced self reliance. A lot of times when we truly walk with God others will accuse us of being "irresponsible." :) Well, if I had to choose between slick organisation and self-dependency or being totally dependent upon the Lord and seemingly "irresponsible," sometimes, I am going for the latter.
Praise God for all the prayer..........Frank

2008/12/12 8:58
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

A Testimony of a SermonIndex Server Change!

Quote:
That night as I was talking with my sister, a solution and idea came into my mind. I tryed it and it worked! To God be the praise.

Quote:
Over 5 php coders could not figure out a solution with over 3 servers tried but God in a "moment" allowed everything to work out according to His will. I love how within God's sovereignty God was teaching me very important spiritual lessons with my freewill and desires.

:-)

That old word comes to mind, providence. Brother it is probably next to impossible for the many partaking of all this to know those things that have gone on behind the scenes over the course of these, what 6 years now?

From what I do know and can look back on - The changes within just those parameters of operating the site ... we don't know the half of it.

To put it in a nutshell ...

George Mueller comes to mind.

2008/12/12 9:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

Quote:
Brother it is probably next to impossible for the many partaking of all this to know those things that have gone on behind the scenes over the course of these, what 6 years now?

Oh dear brother 7 years! God is faithful.

2008/12/12 9:29Profile
Nellie

Re:

What a Mighty God we Serve.
Nellie

2008/12/12 9:30Profile
JoanM

Re: Very important spiritual lessons with OUR freewill and desires

Thank you for sharing with us Greg. I hope we do not miss the application of this testimony to our own life in Christ. A few stand out to me and I was led, as probably many were, to similar specific applications of truth in these days.

[u][i]the solution "He desired"[/u][/i]: There are the desires of God. He authors them in our heart (Psalm. 37: particularly 4) (no one can deny the pleasure of God in evidence here)

[u][i]SermonIndex would go offline for a time while something could be worked out[/u][/i]. Although I agree with Crsschk that we can never know even a fraction of all that God is doing in His work, sometimes, God shows us what an obstacle is in order that it be worked out. Our Brother Greg settled his things with Him ([u][i]told God that whether he kept SI going or not I would still praise Him[/u][/i]).

[b]What about us?[/b] As much as I love this site (the Glory to God resources, seeing His ways with us, growing in fellowship and discernment of the Body, and much more), it is God I love and Him alone. Love for Brothers and Sisters here, interests in forums are really like side-effects or over-flow, [u]very real[/u] but not first. I really agree, God is jealous. And we can be blind to what might infringe on our Love of God and putting him first. Put very bluntly, our individual and collective personal relationship with Him must always be first. I also settled that issue with Him specifically in relation to this precious find here. I think it is consistent with the purpose of God here for us to keep this is mind so there is no place made for the enemy. We can agree in our hearts with God (and our Brother) about keeping First things First (no sin in the camp sort of thing).

The pleasure of God in this site, how He might meet us here, (feed us, stir us, convict us, rejoice us in freedom from sin and in His Love), does not lift this site up. It is not that this site ministers to us; it is that God ministers Christ to us through this vessel. The vessel itself is nothing; it’s the contents that are poured out.

[u][i]God in a "moment"[/u][/i]: Oh the abundance of God’s Grace! How He keeps us. May the offering of this site be acceptable unto Him.

2008/12/12 15:23Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
The vessel itself is nothing; it’s the contents that are poured out. God in a "moment": Oh the abundance of God’s Grace! How He keeps us.

:-)

2008/12/12 15:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy