SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Outreach at abortion clinics

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Denny

Virginia

Outreach at abortion clinics

If their is anyone out there from Virginia who would like to try ministering outside of abortion clinics in your area but just don't know where to start, send me a note. I'd be glad to help you start an effective outreach in your area.

Babies are saved when Christians show up.

2004/7/9 22:40Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: Outreach at abortion clinics

Today, while ministering on the sidewalk at an abortion clinic in Richmond, VA, two babies were saved!

When Christians show up, babies are saved.

2004/7/16 17:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Today, while ministering on the sidewalk at an abortion clinic in Richmond, VA, two babies were saved!

WOW praise God what exactly do you do when you go to abortion clinics? do you just speak to people going in and give them a tract? do you have a microphone and banners? I would like to know about more brother. But sounds very good.

2004/7/16 17:31Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: Abortion clinic outreach

Our methods will vary depending upon the setup of the clinic we are at.

Here are two examples.

1. This morning we spent about 1 1/2 hours at an abortion mill in the West End of Richmond. At this mill there are no sidewalks. The grass goes to the street. We stand beside the drive into the parking lot and initially try to give literature to the mothers as they arrive. This clinic is set up in such a way that my voice can carry well and be heard across the lot rather clearly. As the women walk toward the building from their cars I try to engage them in conversation and offer our assistance. Most will try to ignore you but they can't keep from hearing what we have to say. I tell them about the developement of their child and what the Scriptures have to say about the killing of their children. The newest tactic used by the clinic workers is to turn the sprinklers on us at this mill. It hasn't been much of a problem for us though.

Most women going into the clinics don't need assistance, they just want their baby killed. This may sound harsh but I have been full-time on the street for ten years and talk to abortion bound mothers on a daily basis. We ran a maternity home for ten years and housed many women but never had one come to our home from the clinic.

The women respond differently so there is no one way to reach all. Some will be shaken by the information about their babies developement while others are effected by talk about the past lawsuits against the abortionist. You must use discernment and seek to read the women quickly so that you can put your finger on the spot that will cause her to consider her ways.

On some days we use large graphic photos of aborted babies at the mills and they have been very effective. Other days we use no signs at all. We always try to get our literature into their hands and speak out on behalf of Messiah. Very often we only have less than a minute to speak to them. Very often we also preach to those who are standing outside.

This morning at the first mill we were at, a young woman came out to me to critique my approach and justify her scheduled abortion. As I spoke to her and showed her what the Scriptures had to say, she came under great conviction. The clinic director came out to draw her back inside. She slowly walked away from us and the director took our literature out of her hands.

2. At the second mill we were at today, we saw two turn-aways. We have greater access to the women entering this mill so we have more saves here. I have a list of "babies saved" on my web site that gives many detailed encounters at the mill. Check it out at [url=www.lifeandlibertyministries.com]Life and Liberty Ministries[/url] When you get to the site click on the "Sidewalk Counseling" button and then on the "Babies Saved" button.

2004/7/16 18:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Praise God for the work being done through your ministry brother Denny!

Just this week I noticed that a Planned Parenthood office opened up in a strip mall just a 1/2 mile from my home. I am encouraged by your post to do some sidewalk work there, please pray for the Lord's guidance in this area. Any additional info, such as legal rights, would be welcome.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/7/16 20:14Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: Sidewalk work

Ron,

Do you know of other pro-life Christians from the area that are present at the clinics in your area?

Strip malls are a unique challenge especially if you can't get close due to a large parking lot. One advantage is that other businesses that are also in the strip mall won't like the presence of "protesters" at their place of business. Be willing to be disliked by them. Be willing to be abused by them. Whether or not the general public likes or approves of you is irrelevant. Be willing to bear the reproach because if they can't get rid of you, they will then seek to get rid of the clinic that brings you to the area.

Generally, if there is a public sidewalk to stand on, you will be within your rights to stand on it. If this is a clinic that has other locations of business also, I would suggest that you go to the clerks office at the Courthouse to see if the clinic or abortionist have had lawsuits brought against them in the past. Print up a flyer to distribute with the cases listed. Information on the past botched abortions of an abortionist are helpful in turning women away. You may consider using signs and/or large photos if the mill is one among many bussinesses there. This way the abortion bound moms will see your message even if they don't hear your words. If you want any specific advice, please feel free to cotact me anytime. I'd be glad to help you in any way I can. [email][email protected][/email]

We generally have a video camera on site for our own protection. Bully, pro-abortion Police Officers are often kept in check when they know that their actions and words are being recorded. Our video has been a great help on many occasions.
Some people prefer to use a small handheld cassette recorder. It is also best to go out with another Christian.

There are several good articles covering topics related to Sidewalk Counseling on our website. Click the Sidewalk Counseling button on the home page and you will find them.

One more thing. Abortion clinic outreach is taxing. Don't go into it thinking that a visit or two will do the job. Commitment is neccessary to see lives saved and these mills shut down. You aren't fighting for an "issue". New babies will be there each day that weren't there the day before who need a servant of Messiah to plead for them. It's a new battle each day. There are so few willing to fight it.

[url=www.lifeandlibertyministries.com]Life and Liberty Ministries[/url]

2004/7/16 20:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy