SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request concerning my job. I work as a prep. cook and on Saturday I work with this other man together.On that Saturday we work together we get alot done, so much so that what we make together is almost able to carry him through the whole three days I am off and he is working. By the time I get back to work on Wednesday, I find that he hasn't done much of anything and I am left doing all the work the three days he is off.

Their is no need for this because most of the work we do together should keep him ahead the whole three days I am off. I am going to bring this up to my manager if he starts complaining again about the work not getting done. I have decided that I am not going to be put under this kind of stress. I have enough to do with five kids at home so if it doesn't get done than it's not going to be my problem and I will just have to find work somewhere else because I am not going to compromise my health. This job was originally a two person job to begin with. It's alot of work. I prayed to the Lord about this situation and He said to just give it to Him so that's what I am going to do. Thanks. :-)

2008/7/22 14:05

Re: Prayer Request

I called my work and I found out that once again he didn't do much of anything all week that I have been gone. This is really stressing me out but I know I shouldn't let it. I decided that I am just going to allow everything to come crashing down this week on everyone else. My mistake is when things do not get done I have a tendency to do it myself. This week though I am determined not to do that. This should get interesting.:-D

2008/7/22 15:44

BUMP.

2008/7/22 17:54
KathleenP

Maine

Dear Sister,

I did want you to know that I did pray that the Lord would intervene in this situation. I have experienced the added burden of bearing the weight of others and the struggle of what to do.

As saints, we are taught to be diligent, uncomplaining, hard workers, and this makes it oftentimes easy for the ungodly to take advantage of us. It really is part of our walk and the key thing is to handle it with grace and wisdom.

I asked the Lord to make the situation known in a way where no damage is done to your witness and that the mercy and diligence you show will glorify God.

I've often battled taking matters into my own hands and not trusting that God is witnessing all that takes place and is quite aware of what is occurring.

I do pray you will see the tide turn in this. Sometimes the biggest test that I have felt in these situations is the test of obedience in waiting for God to step in.

Please hang on and I agree with you that this will turn to a wonderful testimony. When our emotions are stretched and Satan is yelling "unfair, unfair!", we've got to trust the Lord truly sees it all.

Keep us posted.

God Give you Peace. Kathleen

2008/7/22 20:14Profile

Re:

Thanks Kathleen. I have been having anxiety attacks all day. Something I haven't had for a long time. Just feeling like I can't get air in my lungs. It's an aweful feeling. To top it off our kids accidentally lost my husband's Visa card and we have good reason to believe it was stolen. I had to put a block on it. It just keeps getting better. :-)

2008/7/22 20:43
JoanM

Re: Work (walking really) in the presence of the Lord in the land of the living.

Dear Rivqah

I am praying with you out of your recent posts on other threads.

Though I love James dearly, I do not like him a little bit. What I mean is, lessons out of James are extremely difficult for me and extremely rewarding when God breaks through to me. I agree with KathleenP for you, knowing from an extreme direct experience the “frustration”, and “it’s not fair, it’s not right” facet of living in this world. Have you seen the recent post on [u]God’s Sovereignty by Charles Spurgeon[/u]? It is one thing to have problems as the result of our bad behavior (many growing lessons there). It is another thing to have problems that do not come out of our wrong behavior, and may even come out of our right behavior (much greater growing-in-Christ lessons there). He truly knows about this. In the worse case I know of, not one disciple did their share in the garden. My heart goes out to you.

In my James lesson, when I was finally successful in applying James but felt physically like I was going to drown; God broke through with, “When my heads above water, my feet can’t drown.” (I am leaving out a lot here. Things were settled in a surprising way: immediately in me and quickly in the world.)

God give you Confidence and Peace

2008/7/23 15:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
It is one thing to have problems as the result of our bad behavior (many growing lessons there). It is another thing to have problems that do not come out of our wrong behavior, and may even come out of our right behavior (much greater growing-in-Christ lessons there).

That's for sure. Thanks Joan, for sharing that. :-)

Quote:
He truly knows about this.

Amen, that's what Don Courville, was sharing in the conference call. I know God knows my desire too to homeschool but I've given that up to the Lord. If I have to work and my kids have to go to school each day till 6:00 pm (which is what's on the school systems agenda this year because of gas prices so they can have 3 days off) than so be it. :-)

2008/7/23 15:55
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Rivqah,

I just found this thread...and I am curious: what happened at the job? Mind giving us an update?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/7/23 16:01Profile

Re:

I was able to get it all done. I take it one day at a time.

2008/7/23 16:08
JoanM

Re:

May Christ, the Light in you, break through in your work. As your posts elsewhere say ("work to reach the lost"), what else is the point of any [u]particular[/u] job.

You,Sister, are a dear and remarkable one. May Love and Joy break through to the one at your job who does not work so much. Join in prayer next week if possible?

2008/7/23 16:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy