SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Witnessing problems

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Witnessing problems

In the last week, three members of a local witnessing team have been charged and ticketed while witnessing at a local high school. One of those charged is a regular on this site, repentcanada. Please pray for the team, and for the hard hearted officer. I have a link to a clip of the arrest this last Tuesday.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=u-I_D-gJHgU

Blessings Greg

2008/5/10 21:01Profile

Re: Witnessing problems

Christians that preach and teach that Christians should be involved in national, state and local politics as salt and light so we can have freedom of worship the one and only true living God and the freedom to witness to others have almost disappeared in the American and Canadian culture. Which of these two groups do you think contributed to these kinds of events as these students experienced, the ones that condemn such practices or the ones who preach it is our Christian duty to be involved? Many have bought into the devil's lie. We all do need to pray for these faithful students but we also need to pray for those who say they are praying for revival when they could have shown they were revived long ago by standing up and never elected these liberal non- believers as leaders and prevented such events.

2008/5/10 22:38

Re: Witnessing problems

If a person is arrested or humiliated for preaching [b]without being sent[/b], then he suffers as a transgressor of the will of God. So you guys must first answer for yourselves the question, whether resistance came from your persevering in the will of God, or in your natural well-meaning, but not God-sent, endeavor.

The Apostle Paul's preaching came not with persuasive words of man's wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Holy Spirit and of power. He didn't have to raise his voice; he didn't have to impose his preaching upon people; because, I believe, when he opened his mouth it was the Lord speaking through him, in a new spirit, in a new voice, making him a rare man, who had the spiritual discernment when and what to say. He was so joined not only to the purposes, but also to the person of Christ. So he didn't have to go through the Ten Commandments or quote certain "God-breathed verses" (because they weren't written but by the Spirit in his heart), or thump them with his hard-covered Bible (because he didn't have such a Bible but the one engraved on the plate of his heart). He was free to walk as Christ walked, in the power of the Spirit.

In Christ,
Slavyan

2008/5/11 5:46
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
I have no problem believing these young men are sent. I believe that Jesus himself has "sent" all true believers to proclaim the good news. If you are a partaker of the devine nature, through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, it should become your very nature.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Blessings Greg

2008/5/11 18:41Profile

Re:

Thanks very much for finding the link for me Heartsong.

Smokey all that have been born again of His Spirit are called indeed, you are correct.

Not all us are called in the same fashion and I would venture to say WE TODAY have many different callings, just not as Paul, and as Notme indicated. Even today, some are called to preach verbally, as well as sanctification living as a sermon. Sanctified living is a sermon. God not only loved us enough to send Jesus his only Son to die on the cross and call disciples to follow, but raised HIM from the dead, and he continued to call the Apostle Paul, a man who was against the cause of Christ, just to show to the world HIS power. Then Jesus indwelt Paul with the Holy Spirit and anointed and authorized Paul to write these words to guide our paths. The same, Holy Spirit that Jesus indwelt Paul with is the same HE gave us, the same spirit for understanding the words that Paul wrote. Us and Paul are speaking in tongues and interpreting. The world don't understand it and it is foolishness to them. We don't understand it all, but just as he told the disciples when he was with them, I have much more to tell you but you could not bear it now.
John 16:12-14
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
KJV
Could being born miraculously by His Spirit and these words from the Holy Scriptures be what Jesus was referring to in that passage?

But one day we will.

1 Cor 2:9-3:1

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KJV

Abraham's life was a sermon, as he gave back to God and said "the Lord will provide". God did provide for Abraham, even though Abraham was impatient in waiting for the promise. Abraham gave back to God 10% of what God gave him with a thankful heart, hundreds of years before God gave the law to Moses. Some say giving to God came through the law. Not so. Giving came in thankfulness to the promise.

2008/5/12 2:53

Re:

Quote:
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
I have no problem believing these young men are sent. I believe that Jesus himself has "sent" all true believers to proclaim the good news. If you are a partaker of the devine nature, through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, it should become your very nature.

Who was Jesus speaking those words to? Was it to the five thousand who ate the fish and the bread, or to four thousand? Did he speak them to the elders and to the spiritual infants?

I believe He spoke that mandate to people who were called out of the church for a particular purpose. They walked with Him three years before they were sent in the power of the Spirit. They were not some kids, who memorized a few verses and learned a witnessing formula, and went about the land preaching and teaching. In fact, the Lord Jesus, from all His disciples, appointed [i]twelve apostles[/i]. Not that the others didn't believe in Him, but they were not ready and capable of carrying out the task.

I don't see the Apostle Paul exhorting the backslidden Corinthians to go and preach the Gospel to every creature. In fact, teachers of the Gospel are to be judged by a much higher standard. Not everyone is called to go out and preach the Gospel to the multitudes, but he must be [b]sent[/b] by God. Graduating from a Bible college won't do it; passing a one-week evangelism course won't do it. God [i]must[/i] [u]prepare[/u] and [u]send[/u] the person. Remember the seven sons of Sceva? It is not that God can't use an unannointed preacher of the Word, but this is not His intention for the Church.

2008/5/12 7:55
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

It never ceases to amaze me how many rabbit holes people want to start taking a person down when making a simple prayer request. If anyone feels "CALLED" to pray, it would be appreciated.

My final thought on this matter is, can we assume that the men in the following scripture are Called, or are they just being Christians?

Php 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Php 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
Php 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
Php 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
Php 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Amen and Amen, Christ is preached!

Blessings Greg

2008/5/13 18:09Profile

Re:

Quote:

Smokey wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how many rabbit holes people want to start taking a person down when making a simple prayer request. If anyone feels "CALLED" to pray, it would be appreciated.

My final thought on this matter is, can we assume that the men in the following scripture are Called, or are they just being Christians?

Php 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Php 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
Php 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
Php 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
Php 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Amen and Amen, Christ is preached!

Blessings Greg

Amen Smokey they do definately need our prayers we will be praying and these men have indeed shown by their actions that they are called and they have answered that call by their witness. You are right on the how many rabbits get chased on a thread. I don't appear to me that some of the rabbits are HOLY rabbits either.

2008/5/13 18:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy