SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Judging unjustly

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen Katy.

God Bless-Good nite.

2008/3/3 21:04
repentcanada

Re: Judging unjustly

THIS IS A POWEFUL POST:

Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

- John chapter 8 verses 15-16(KJV)

2008/3/3 21:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:

By pulling verses, you can make it say whatever you want to see and not see what it is you don't want to see.

Good nite for now.

:-?

2008/3/3 21:19

Re:

Heismypeace,

I think you may have mis-understood Anne. You know she is very ill, and needs her rest and sleep. That was not directed towards you in a mean way.

Somethings are just not worth arguing over.

Good night Anne,
Pleasant dreams!

Katy

2008/3/3 21:25
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Katy-Did,

"What is the most important issue here?"

well, I don't know.

I think one thing is important, whether we will be found to be liars, slanderers, and false accusers on the Day of Judgment. Because we did our own will?

2008/3/3 21:32Profile

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Heismypeace,

I think you may have mis-understood Anne. You know she is very ill, and needs her rest and sleep. That was not directed towards you in a mean way.

Somethings are just not worth arguing over.

Good night Anne,
Pleasant dreams!

Katy

Arguing?? Was that what you'all were doin? ;-)

2008/3/3 21:33

Re:

Hi Chris, I was just about to call it a night and saw your other post.

Great scriptures, and much to think about. What I also see with many of these scriptures is that Jesus had discernment to see into the heart of the one who had no guile.

So are we talking about judgement or discernment?

This is very thought provoking.

Jesus said he does not see US anymore after the flesh. I'll have to find that scripture. So He sees US as a New Creation IN HIM.

He works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure. So, one must be Born Again, being conformed to the Image of Jesus Christ, for there is NOW no condemnation to those who are in Christ.

1st John says those who earnestly await His appearing are not afraid of Judgement...Perfect Love casts out fear...fear of what..Judgement?

If our hearts and conscience do not condemn us what do we have to fear.

I know we also work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

So, one must be in the Word, abiding in Christ, and keep very short accounts.

You've given me something to sleep on.

Great scriptures Chris, and all very thought provoking!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Good Night and God Bless!

Katy

2008/3/3 21:41

Re:

ChrisJD,

I will only have time this am to post this, but this is what comes to mind concerning your scriptures you placed here previously.

Jesus went into the Temple and read from Isaiah...and He was reading about Himself, making the Pharisees very angry.

When reading these verses, Look what He is saying....He's declaring HE is the Messiah, Son of God.

They knew this day was coming but refused to believe Jesus was the one..the Son of God coming to set the captives free, etc, etc.

Luke 4:17-19

17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Katy

PS Added:
Your original post:

Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

For the Pharisees did judge after the flesh...the Law. Stoning was the Law for anyone taken in adultry etc.

Jesus came full of **GRACE** and Truth, and for this was rejected.

The LAW wants to judge and condemn, However Grace comes to FORGIVE. They had a real issue with this with the woman taken in adultry.

2008/3/4 6:33

Re:

ChrisJD, here is the rest of the story.

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Colossians 2:11
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Peter 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Katy

2008/3/4 8:13

Re:

Part 3

Quote:
I think one thing is important, whether we will be found to be liars, slanderers, and false accusers on the Day of Judgment. [u][i][b]Because we did our own will?[/b][/i][/u]

Edited your post for clarity!

Well, I think this has concluded for me. You asked a great question.

1 Peter 4
1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

2That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, [u][i][b]but to the will of God[/b][/i][/u]

Yes, called the fellowship of His sufferings..as we press on....running the race before us....

Katy

2008/3/4 8:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy