fromtheold wrote:
That is very encouraging :-)

Praise the Lord that His Word doesn't return to Him void... :-D

Jeannette

2007/10/25 18:06
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Luk 6:45 A good man out of the forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Bubba wrote: From within people, from their hearts, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder,
adultery, greed, malice, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly.
All these evils come from within and they defile.
If this is ruling in your life, you have never had your robe washed in the blood of the Lamb.

God has called us to holiness without whom no man will see the LORD. Unconfessed, unrepented sin will not abide in the person who walks with God through the power of His Spirit because He will convict that person and lead him/her to repentance.

ginnyrose

2007/10/25 22:03Profile

Re:

ginnyrose,

you know very well that i did not write those verses; that they come from the book of Mark, and that they are the words of Jesus to his disciples.

bub

2007/10/25 22:56
Rahman

Hyper- Faith? ....

Doc you wrote;
"The hyper faith teaching, though not embraced by all charismatics, seems to be in the air just about everywhere telling us we are to be spiritual supermen in any and every situation."

--- This phrase (hyper-faith) didn't re-ignite until on my way home last night, but it's something i was told i had once by now i can't remember who ... i do remember that it wasn't said as a compliment, but in light of your post it brings to mind again a thought i had about it and that is, "What kind of faith are we Christians supposed to have"? ... Static faith? ... Kinetic faith? ... Passive faith? ... Aggressive faith? ... Just plain ole faith? ... A combination of them all that kick in when and where appropriate? ... What kind of faith i wonder, if in fact they ever wondered, did the Israelites think the prophets had, or John the Baptist, when they came upon the scene? ... What kind of faith does one exude if in fact they are called of Him to make straight the way? ...

i don't even know, just thinking out loud, but i do remember that when i was told i had hyper-faith i once took offence to it, but now in retrospect i can see why someone would both see and say that about me, and about Pentecostals ...

i looked up the word ...

[b]hyper[/b] Function:
prefix Etymology:
Latin hyper-, from Greek, from hyper — more at over
1: above : beyond : super 2 a: excessively b: excessive 3: that is or exists in a space of more than three dimensions

i can see where the "hyper" prefixed to faith definitions certainly can be used in the negative to describe someone way past the faith meter most are comfortable with, but the definition that says "exists in a space of more than three dimensions" really excites me (opps there goes my hyper again :-D) as far as the kind of faith necessary to send out prayers that availeth much, and especially to do things one believes one is hearing from God to do, especially when those things kick against the pricks of the established norms ... i was also once told also that i was "pre-occupied" with God, that to wasn't meant as a compliment ... But i thought of that too as "aren't we all as saints supposed to be preoccupied with God" ...

You know the concept of "spiritual supermen" i don't find to be in a "hyper-faith" category at all because really in fact by Scripture once we come to Christ, and am indwealt by the ultimate power Holy Spirit, and am schooled in our new position via the word, we are in fact (i believe) for all intensive purposes "spiritual supermen" ... We have the power to overcome, by just saying no because our love for Christ should outweigh the pull of sin (especially the ones that so easily beset us), the fact that we may not use it is not tell-tell against the power, but tell-tell against ourselves ... i know i'm a new creation, i know also as a now mature saint that i have His power to do the following ...

[b]1Cor.16[/b]
[13] Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

[b]Gal.5[/b]
[1] Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

[b]Eph.6[/b]
[11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

[b]Rom.8[/b]
[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

[b]Phil.4[/b]
[13] I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Do i "stand" as i should all the time in my "spiritual superman-ness" ... Nope ... But that ain't God's fault, it's my own (my belief) ... And yet still He avails us [b]1 John 1:9[/b] ...

i believe the following scripture speaks well of where we are today ...

[b]Eph. 5:[/b]
[14] Wherefore He saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
[15] See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
[16] Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
[17] Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
[18] And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

i think we ALL, Pentecostals especially because of the tendency to be hyper, need to be on our faces before God in deep repentance because in our own definitions of what we think God wants it's made us so unwise, and we've become so seperated from what His will for us is and we're in desperate need of a re-awakening to it ... i think it safe to say that most saints ain't full of wine, but it's just as obvious that we ain't full of Holy Spirit neither ... So waht are we full of? ... That's the question we all need to be asking ourselves, and of Him that He purge us of all that is not Him so that we can ALL truly be filled with Holy Spirit (to His Glory), then we can all display a faith above and beyond that lifts up the Lamb, since that is the job of Holy Spirit via the Church ...

Blessings in the name of our most Holy heavenly Father, the mighty name of King Jesus, and the ultimate power Holy Spirit who enables us to be the spiritually super-human peculiar people
He's called us to be!

Awake us ALL O' God ... awake us ALL! ---

2007/10/26 10:16Profile
psalm1

Re: Hyper- Faith? ....

Rahman, I have also heard this phrasse,used both positive and negatively.
I think it refers to 'emphassis'
I do find it interesting that wof does seem to be on track in the faith department.
I cant see Jesus saying"what ever you do dont emphasise faith"[ I know i am saying this loosely but it is worth mentioning]
The church today definately does not suffer from too much faith.

..David

2007/10/26 10:53Profile
Rahman

What are WE suffering from? ...

Bro dave you wrote;
" The church today definately does not suffer from too much faith."

--- You know bro as bro Doc pointed out the Church is so broad, and diversified, in it's doctrines apart from the main one of Christ being the only means to salvation ... Also as Doc pointed out more mainstream denoms don't seem to place as much emphasis on some things as Pentecostals do, or even more "hyper" Baptist ... In some Baptist, and most Pentecostal, circles i'm familiar with it seems that in some areas like health and wealth this segment of the Body places too much faith (if it can be called such), while the "basics" of Christianity (praise, prayer, proselytizing & philanthropy) no faith and works arent placed in at all ... Then on the other hand even the more staid and stoic mainstream denoms seem to have lost their initial steam in the "first love, first works" categories too ... So to me in one camp we've got "loud error", and in the more mainstream camps "quiet error" ... If in fact God proves me to be in error of what i believe i've heard from Him regarding His bringing to right by years end the Pentecostal setting i'm now in, then i've been in error all around, and i will no longer stay in the place of loud error ... Hyper faith in God's will and way can never be too much faith, in fact i'd say that that would be just plain ole perfect faith in ways just as it should be, like early church faith ... But hyper faith in error, no matter how well meaning is scary to me, and the last thing i want to be a part of in corporateness and personally - especially in amplification ...

All i know for sure is that the segments of the Body here in America all seem to have on our game face but symptomatically we appear to be sick ... Our words (lip service) may appear vigorous but our actions reek of lethargy and palsy in the areas of salt and light ... Perhaps when we're not suffering for, is when we become so susceptible to suffering from ...

Bless you bro Dave, man it's just wonderful the way the warmth of our Christ in your heart shows thru in your posts ... It's heart warming bro - may our Lord Jesus keep you from ever changing :-D ---

2007/10/26 11:51Profile
psalm1

Re: What are WE suffering from? ...

Rahman, yes i wholeheartedly agree. I would venture to guess the body of christ at large is either hyper-dissatisfied or hyper-unfulfilled. We read the word and cant reconcile the status quo with the sold out saints that were just blown out for God. They saw what this world had to offer as the filth of this world.
we on the other hand have one eye on a bigger piece of pie and the other on a reserved christian-american life.
I guess that makes us hyper-nominal.
[I guess Im preaching to myself again]

...David

2007/10/26 14:05Profile
docs

My use of the phrase hyper faith

Hi,

I'm just not sure at this point that the standard many faith preachers have set before us is biblical or even attainable. Mostly because we are still human and life is very very big. It's a "where's the beef" type of thing for me.

I can't manipulate my environment by the confession of my lips. A two story house and a three car garage is not a sign that God is really alive and on His throne. I struggle with sickness at times and discouragement. I wish I didn't and I believe the Lord has provided all but still I just am not a hyper spiritual superman n all situations. I'm for fighting with the word and the whole nine yards but still. That doesn't mean that I don't belive the more faith the better.

The Bible gives the best definition of faith anywhere to be found. Hebrew 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." But in the following hall of fame for those who had faith are many who suffered but kept faith. Ezekiel (vs. 11:32 - the prophets) was taken and commanded to go live among the dispersed exiles in Babylon. He went and did so and there was not a scintilla of evidence that the Lord would ever allow the people of Israel to return to their land. Down and out. That's hyper faith also in my opinion. I read through it no so long ago so it's still kind of fresh.

"Doc"

2007/10/30 12:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy