SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

I'm sorry Bro Hmmhmm

didnt realize that, your English is really good, a lot better than my Swedish..... :-)

God bless you dear one.

2007/7/10 15:58

Re: bro hmmhmm

Quote:

worm4Christ wrote:
...I mean, come on! Why is it with some of you guys everything's a big argument? Just religious diviseness, and nit-picking! .

I think it was because a couple of those on the thread were defending things that clearly were NOT of God, (such as what was going on in the video) and began verbally attacking those who said so!

And of course, that set up a chain reaction.

BUT, this subject is vital to discuss. Not to get into name-calling and petty argument for its own sake (which does so easily happen - you are right there) but because of the great danger of deception in the Church in these days.

Quote:
Be careful what you proclaim in the "Name of Jesus", don't do that, don't try and box God up into some kind of religious package that you can understand, Let God be God. I can guarantee you this: if man can explain something, God isn't in it

I don't think that's quite the issue Brother. But you are right that there is the [i]opposite[/i] error from "anything goes", or "if it feels good it must be God".

There is the danger of two errors here, not one. Some of us see one error clearly, others see the other. But we need to beware of both.

There is such a need for discernment in these areas. We must not accept every manifestation as being from the Holy Spirit; but neither must we quench the Spirit, or try to "put God in a box"

Quote:
...what do you think King David did when God blessed the people of Israel with the return of the Ark....mumble "praise God, now please turn to hymn 137"? NO! He stripped down to his undies and danced in the Joy of the Lord, all while his very own wife looked upon him with scorn, the daughter of Saul no less...

...dance' laugh, sing, in the Knowledge that Christ is Lord.

That is so true! Yet the issue is not to do with things like that, but whether it's OK to bark like dogs, roll on the floor in uncontrollable, and in some cases horrible "LSD-style" laughter or go into a catatonic state when touched by a particular "gifted" human being, thinking that through these things we are blessed?

I don't see how this is the same as David dancing in worship and making a fool of himself before the Lord.

Apparently it was the custom, on the arrival of a great person, especially a king, for someone to do this kind of "half-naked, buffoon dancing" in their honour.

What David was saying was, "I may be a king to man's eyes, but I'm really only worthy to be the Lord's court jester!"

He was really humbling himself, making himself look an idiot before his subjects. That was why Michel despised him.

If anyone saw me dance when ironing they would think I looked stupid too!

Who cares, as long as we are truly worshipping the Lord. Which is the point you are making, isn't it...

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/7/10 16:25
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

worm4Christ wrote:
"A wonderful nervous affection pervaded the meetings. Some would tremble as if terribly frightened, some would have violent twitching and jerking, others would fall down suddenly as if breathless and lie there for hours. Some would laugh with a loud 'ha! ha!', others would form a ring and dance round awhile then fall back on those who stood to take care of them. There were some who would bark like dogs. Young as I was, my mind was much exercised on the subject of religion. My body too was agitated to some extent".

Thus reminds me of a sermon that I heard from by J Edwin Orr, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=141]Monday #1 Revivals in the Late 1700's[/url], from his Revival series preached at Wallace Memorial Church in 1983. He speaks of barking around the 24min mark. It would be a good idea to listen to the whole sermon, but this is the specific citation.

2007/7/10 17:08Profile
_M2_

Re:

Quote:
There is such a need for discernment in these areas. We must not accept every manifestation as being from the Holy Spirit; but neither must we quench the Spirit, or try to "put God in a box"

Quote:
That is so true! Yet the issue is not to do with things like that, but whether it's OK to bark like dogs, roll on the floor in uncontrollable, and in some cases horrible "LSD-style" laughter or go into a catatonic state when touched by a particular "gifted" human being, thinking that through these things we are blessed?

Yes jeanette

2007/7/10 17:44Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
worm4Christ wrote:
...I mean, come on! Why is it with some of you guys everything's a big argument? Just religious diviseness, and nit-picking!

I think to dismiss the objections carefully articulated here as nothing more then "religious diviseness, and nit-picking" is being remiss. It could equally be said that the Church is too complacent of error and abuse because it seems everything is permissable today.

And so, in weariness, indifference, and disregard of scriptures, we just shrug our shoulders at one another, and go our own ways. Yes, sometime divisiveness is demonstrated by sectarian argument, but the deepest division in the Church today is individual apathy towards one another.

MC

2007/7/10 19:11Profile
jarona

The Earth

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

WOW

2007/7/10 21:31Profile

Jeannette

Quote:
Who cares, as long as we are truly worshipping the Lord. Which is the point you are making, isn't it...

yes.

.........(smile)........

My sister, there is so much in error today,so much wrong, in the church, in the world, that in my humble walk, I don't even focus on such as the subject of this thread, my prayer is that any who are drawn to Christ from such ministries seek what is good, mature in Christ and come to realize that there is no disorder in Christ.

What grieves me today is that fact that billions of women and children across the globe don't have clean drinking water. If the Church in the Name of Christ labored to provide this basic element of life, then those living in darkness, would know what Living Waters He provides, because they would have a CHANCE to witness His love thru our hands, and our labors.

That is what the Holy Ghost has been shaping and speaking in my heart, that's all.

Lord love you

2007/7/11 0:17

Re:

We're all for feeding the hungry and all that James mentions is "real" faith, but if we give them a false doctrine, it's like "feeding" them a drop of arsenic in with their drinking water.

The "Lord loves us" whether we agree on this thread or not.

Anyways, I can't get audio or video on this thing, so could someone tell me if this video this thread is about is the #2 on this list here ....

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/word-faith.html#khagin

Thanks!

2007/7/11 21:59

Re:

Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

This scripture is why the body of believers as a whole are so ineffective. No unity at all.
Man is imperfect, God is perfect.

2007/7/11 23:51

Re: Kenneth Hagin + Copeland - Holy Laughter (Video)

MC said:

Quote:
I think to dismiss the objections carefully articulated here as nothing more then "religious diviseness, and nit-picking" is being remiss. It could equally be said that the Church is too complacent of error and abuse because it seems everything is permissable today.

And so, in weariness, indifference, and disregard of scriptures, we just shrug our shoulders at one another, and go our own ways. Yes, sometime divisiveness is demonstrated by sectarian argument, [b]but the deepest division in the Church today is individual apathy towards one another[/b].

Mike,

I had picked up Leanne Payne's 'The Healing Presence' again, and understood the snippet I read far better than the first time I'd read the book. She talked about the need for healing of our separations from both God and people - and between parts of ourselves.

I have to admit, your comment above, (emboldened by me), had started me thinking, but I am numb enough to have to say it had not exactly [i]stung[/i]; or perhaps my practised objectivity protected me from such a dangerous vulnerability. At any rate, your (as usually) articulate expression of a truth - perhaps [i]this[/i] truth flagged here was slightly unexpectable - is a welcome breath of fresh air and living water simultaneously, and definitely connected with my spirit.

Combined with RobertW's recent post in Articles and Sermons, called The Gathering and Gatherer of the Saints, there is more than food for thought here. We have to eat (all) this truth and let it work change in us.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17896&forum=34&3]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17896&forum=34&3[/url]

Thank you for sharing your bread. May the word of the Lord multiply in our hands.

2007/7/12 5:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy