SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : EDIT: Spiritual Warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

oh no you didn't!

bro Krispy

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
IRONMAN... everytime I see your name on here all I can hear is Black Sabbath... w/ a distorted "I AM IRONMAAAAANNN...."

...lol

Krispy

you know, i know that song...i was online looking for some pics on the marvel hero Iron Man (aka Anthony Stark) and i came across a fansite with every cover of every Iron Man comic...i'll give you 3 guesses what the background music was... :-P ;-)

lol

Grace and Peace be yours in Christ bro. AMEN.

2007/6/1 14:28Profile

Re: Off subject News report.

Hey IRONMAN and Krispy,

I have to break-in here with a News Flash.
I didn't know where else to stick it and because I know that Krispy knows what station I listen to, I figured I stick it where he and you are posting presently.

I just now heard on 106.9 that in Raleigh they just past a new law that no one can fly more than 3 flags on their property.

One gas station has like 7 and some Auto-Sales place has maybe 9 or something and they're refusing to take the Extras down, so they'll be fined $500.00 A DAY for every flag over 3.

And as I type this, the song "I just don't understand" is on.

One verse of this song is, "I just don't know what to say".

Amen ta dat. :-?

TTYL - I gotta go to the Nursing Home in about an hour. Ha, no - they're not admitting just yet. rotfl
I just visit the folks.

from "Stunned in NC"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: The host just came back and clarified the ruling ... it's "just" to business owners.
I'm sure it makes a lot more sense now ... huh ?
Air Space ?

2007/6/1 15:58

Re:

Can you imagine studying about demons, rather depressing don't you think?

2007/6/1 16:01
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Hi brother IRONMAN,

You might want to check this message:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=9367&commentView=itemComments]Protection from the power of Satan[/url] by Keith Daniel

Kire

2007/6/1 16:22Profile

Re: Spiritual warfare

Hi again Ironman

The best book on spiritual warfare (it may not be exactly what you're looking for, but what you need as starters!) that I've come across is "Born for Battle" by R. Arthur Matthews. He was a missionary in China at the time of the Communist takeover, and he and his family suffered terribly - yet proved the goodness of God in supplying all their needs, physical, emotional and spiritual, and bringing them out safely after 4 long years.

So he learnt about demons and demon-driven men the hard way.

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/6/1 16:32
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Commpliments
greetings in His name. AMEN.

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Can you imagine studying about demons, rather depressing don't you think?

i can and am and no,it's not depressing, not at all.by the way i am also studying spiritual warfare or should i say that spiritual warfare is what i am studying and a part of that is demonology.

Grace and Peace be yours in His name. AMEN.

2007/6/1 16:54Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
Hi brother IRONMAN,

You might want to check this message:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=9367&commentView=itemComments]Protection from the power of Satan[/url] by Keith Daniel

thank you Kire!

Kire

2007/6/1 16:55Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

hey sis Jeannette
greetings in Christ's Name.

thanks, and i am also looking for info on spiritual warfare too not just demonology!

i am learning something from having to contend with some around me who are also demon-afflicted/posessed.

God bless and Grace and Peace to you. AMEN.

2007/6/1 16:57Profile

Re: Casting demons out of cities?

Jesus cast lots of demons out of individuals but did He deal with the ruling evil Power over Jerusalem, or that which drove the religious leaders, or the evil spirits behind Rome - which together conspired to crucify Him?

One day He will, but not just yet. One day we will see all things under His feet and "The kingdoms of this world become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ",(Revelation 11:15)
Heb 2:
[i][color=000066] 5 For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. 6 But one testified in a certain place, saying:
“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
7 You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
8 lYou have put all things in subjection under his feet.”
For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. [i][b]But now we do not yet see all things put under him[/b][/i]. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.[/color][/i]

[The New King James Version]

That doesn't mean we can't be used by the Lord in dealing with lesser evils, or with Enemy strongholds that He is giving temporary respite from. For example, I've heard that, in the Beatles era, when they began to go into drugs and Eastern religion etc, their pet Guru (forget his name) was going to visit them in Britain. When he arrived he had to turn around and go straight back, all his power was gone, I think, before he even stepped off the boat!

It seemed Christians were praying against his coming.

Yet, not many years later, he was able to come and the powers he brought with him had a huge, evil and lasting influence on our culture.

Was it because Christians had let their guard down, or did [i]God[/i] actually allow it? If He did, [i]why[/i] did He?

Kings and Chronicles both have the account of when David decided to number the people. One account says that Satan influenced David to do this wrong thing. The other says that [i]God[/i] caused it to heppen because He was angry with the people!

Which is true? Both of course!!!

So we need to know the mind of the Lord in each time of warfare. The OT battles give good illustrations of how to fight on the spiritual level. When people didn't obey the Lord or slipped into idolatry, they were defeated. When they obeyed they were victorious. When God said, "You don't need to fight this battle" they prayed instead, or praised because they believed Him, and the victory was given. God even said, occasionally "Don't fight. When they came to the Promised Land the first time, they rebelled and were afraid to go in, so God wouldn't allow them afterwards to go and try to fight, it was too late.

Jesus used different "methods" when healing and casting out demons. When there was a storm on Galilee, (as someone suggested, probably a demonic storm) Jesus didn't even bother to fight - He just went to sleep. He only took authority against the storm (apparently the words "be still!" literally mean "be muzzled!") in response to the terrified disciples' plea (and when fishermen panic at a storm at sea it has to be a bad one!)

Some examples off the top of my head, there must be many more.

Each time the ways of victory are different. But always from the basis of HIS Victory on the Cross. We fight FROM that Victory, not in order to gain it.

As it says in James 4:7, "Submit... to God. Resist the devil..."

....''Sigh'' I wish I knew more of the [i]practice[/i] of this, as well as the theory! :-(

Yours in Him

Jeannette

2007/6/1 17:18
dohzman

To answer your question

This has been addressed before but real quick heres some speakers on SI who address directly demons and spiritual warfare: Willie Mullan (I believe starting at pg3), Derek Prince, Chuck Missler (but I didn't have time to check out which pgs he covered that topic) That's a quick list and should keep you plenty busy. If I find more I'll post it for ya.

2007/6/1 18:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy